• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Machine Music

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:49 am Reply with quote
Subatomic Brainfreeze wrote:
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle wrote:
Dream C Club looks pretty good just to bad it has to be Xbox 360. If it was on PS3 I would import it without knowing Japanese since the chances a game like this will come to America are well 0.00000000%. It's all about 1st person shooter games in America.*sarcastic remark* Oh and Arcana Heart 2 please come to America with or without loading times.

The home port of AH2 was a total disaster: issues included pixelated sprites and heavy slowdown throughout gameplay that makes the game nearly unplayable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0buhp43BK8E

Examu knew all this and their official response was that it wasn't really a problem. From the looks of the situation, they wanted to reap the double reward of

a) selling a console version of their game
b) still raking in cash from the hardcore arcade crowd who can't practice on their inadequate home version of the game.

The "protect our arcade money" theory is further corroborated by the fact that Examu released an out-of-date version of the game, on top of it being broken in all those other ways.

Unless Atlus were to do a serious fix, you probably don't want it, and you probably shouldn't support people with such contempt for their customers in the first place (but then people do love haruhi oh hoho). Of course, in a final bit of irony, the game runs just fine on an emulator. If you have the PC for it, that's your only option.

Well if you look at my avatar picture you can see that I do play Playstation 2 games with major bugs in the game. Of course my character on my avatar is an rpg character and not from a fighting game also not a lag issue. Plus this game from my avatar has so much grammar issues in the text and wrong spelling but I still played through it anyways. And yes as you can also probably tell I am also a Haruhi fan. I never support emulators.
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:50 am Reply with quote
Subatomic Brainfreeze wrote:
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle wrote:
Dream C Club looks pretty good just to bad it has to be Xbox 360. If it was on PS3 I would import it without knowing Japanese since the chances a game like this will come to America are well 0.00000000%. It's all about 1st person shooter games in America.*sarcastic remark* Oh and Arcana Heart 2 please come to America with or without loading times.

The home port of AH2 was a total disaster: issues included pixelated sprites and heavy slowdown throughout gameplay that makes the game nearly unplayable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0buhp43BK8E

Examu knew all this and their official response was that it wasn't really a problem. From the looks of the situation, they wanted to reap the double reward of

a) selling a console version of their game
b) still raking in cash from the hardcore arcade crowd who can't practice on their inadequate home version of the game.

The "protect our arcade money" theory is further corroborated by the fact that Examu released an out-of-date version of the game, on top of it being broken in all those other ways.

Unless Atlus were to do a serious fix, you probably don't want it, and you probably shouldn't support people with such contempt for their customers in the first place (but then people do love haruhi oh hoho). Of course, in a final bit of irony, the game runs just fine on an emulator. If you have the PC for it, that's your only option.

Well if you look at my avatar picture you can see that I do play Playstation 2 games with major bugs in the game. Of course my character on my avatar is an rpg character and not from a fighting game also not a lag issue. Plus this game from my avatar has so much grammar issues in the text and wrong spelling but I still played through it anyways. And yes as you can also probably tell I am also a Haruhi fan. I never support emulators.
kitsunexfox

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Deleted

Last edited by kitsunexfox on Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
psycho_kenshin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:00 pm Reply with quote
I just have one comment to say about this article, on the part "the same aren't-we-ironic contingent that extols the virtues of Fist of the North Star"

While fans certainly can make comedic references to the over-the-top brutality of it, I'd say most of the fans actually do respect it and it's story.

I think this "aren't-we-ironic" explanation of looking at lighthearted references to Fist of the North Star is way too postmodern, and just BS really. Smile
sfried

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:10 pm Reply with quote
kitsunexfox wrote:
edzieba wrote:
kitsunexfox wrote:
What game was that?
You may have heard of it.

lol (i know i'm retarded)
for some reason I never played it since back when it came out rpgs weren't my thing....despite it's immense popularity...I'll have to borrow it from my neighbor now I guess. thank you.
Don't start with that. Start with IV.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2