• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: MangaGamer.com Acquires Shuffle! Romance Visual Novel

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shepperoni

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Well that makes another visual novel I'll be buying from MangaGamer! Very Happy
Furudanuki

neocloud9 wrote:
Buster Blader 126 wrote:
There were no routes for Mayumi or Kareha in Shuffle!. Mayumi pretty much just gets that ass-service shot that is also present in the anime.

Mayumi and Benibara do have their own stories in Really? Really!, though.

But wasn't there a difference between the PC and PS2 versions in Japan? Something about Itsuki's backstory, too... Maybe I'm getting my games mixed up, IDK.

This announcement is for the original PC version of "Shuffle!", which had routes for Kaede, Sia, Nerine, Asa, and Primula. The non-eroge PS2 version is titled "Shuffle! On the Stage" and that is the version that includes routes for Mayumi and Kareha.
Buster Blader 126

neocloud9 wrote:

But wasn't there a difference between the PC and PS2 versions in Japan? Something about Itsuki's backstory, too... Maybe I'm getting my games mixed up, IDK.

Hmm, I forgot about the all-ages PS2 version - my response was strictly towards the PC version.

I'm not sure about the PS2 version, but Kareha might've been added in that version. But if they're going to release the PC version, Mayumi and Kareha will definitely not have their own routes, unless Navel somehow works them in - something that I don't see happening.
RenTers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Wow, wow and wow.

I have been waiting so long for great news such as this.

THANK YOU MANGAGAMER!
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Ah-may-zing.

MangaGamer is just incredible. First, they initially announce one of the most well-known VNs (Da Capo), then they bring out a very recent and very popular VN (Kira Kira, which I just bought Friday), and now they announce 3 more Awesome VNs. I'll be buying Higurashi and Shuffle for sure. Also probably be buying Da Capo 2 after I buy and finish the first one.

This weekend has been great for Visual Novel fans.
Fuku

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:43 pm Reply with quote
detective392 wrote:
Wish jastusa got the rights since they release physical copies of there games and not stupid download only. Also there translations are usually not that good.

MangaGamer already explained quite a while back why they are doing download only. The translations for Suika, Da Capo and Kira Kira are good.

I hope you don't post this same negative trash on their next announcement.

Last edited by Fuku on Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Quark

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:50 pm Reply with quote
But...I haven't even gotten over my excitement about Higurashi yet, and then there's another exciting release!
Just wondering if Shuffle! will be available in Canada, however, since the one girl is pretty young.
Oh well, this is still great news! MangaGamer, you guys officially rock.
Panda Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Quark wrote:
But...I haven't even gotten over my excitement about Higurashi yet, and then there's another exciting release!
Just wondering if Shuffle! will be available in Canada, however, since the one girl is pretty young.

I hope it will. I may not be in Canada, but I want everyone who want these to enjoy them.
dan888

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Quark wrote:

As to if it violates any Canadian laws, I don't know(of course there is the "they are all 18+ disclaimer" in the game and on the website, but I am not familiar with the relevant Canadian laws and if that makes a difference) but they indeed do business with Canada.
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:56 am Reply with quote
Shuffle and Higurashi and even more titles from Navel?? I must be like in heaven or something. Very Happy
Vatina

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:27 am Reply with quote
Crystal wrote:
Are they going to release the 18+ only version, or will they release the "clean" version as well? (I'm not very comfortable with the former . . . )

I feel like the only one who wants to see a dating-sim game for girls that could get a really good anime adaptation (like Kanon, Clannad and AIR). Laughing

No, I feel the same way Razz
I hope they'll branch out and release games like that too (like the ones Hirameki released)
shawurai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:59 am Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:
neocloud9 wrote:

Hmm, I forgot about the all-ages PS2 version - my response was strictly towards the PC version.

I'm not sure about the PS2 version, but Kareha might've been added in that version. But if they're going to release the PC version, Mayumi and Kareha will definitely not have their own routes, unless Navel somehow works them in - something that I don't see happening.

Actually, Navel is doing so with "SHUFFLE! Essence+" right now. The game is basically a port back to PC from the PS2 game "On the Stage". But it will also have additional characters from "Really? Really!" as well as 2 completely new characters. The game is set to be released end of October in Japan with an 18+ age rating.
mastertr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:20 am Reply with quote
This is great news. I have been wanting to play Shuffle! for a while now Smile. My only hope now is that by some miracle, MangaGamer picks up Kanon, CLANNAD, or any other Key game for that matter ^^
pparker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:27 pm Reply with quote
mastertr wrote:
This is great news. I have been wanting to play Shuffle! for a while now Smile. My only hope now is that by some miracle, MangaGamer picks up Kanon, CLANNAD, or any other Key game for that matter ^^

I know nothing about mangagamer yet, but I imagine future titles will depend on success of these. They will get my money. Also, I think they are smart to do downloads instead of physical media. The cost of media would make this a much more risky venture, with the possibility of not recovering their costs and thus doing fewer titles.

The market for these, despite the excitement in these threads, is tiny outside Japan, and the only way to do physical media would be very small runs or even burn-to-order, again increasing the cost. I would much rather they spend their money on licensing and good translation, even if it costs the same without media.

The only thing they miss is visibility in retail stores, but that could be handled by selling a voucher or card. The customer buys that in the store, then uses a serial number for the download. Although I wouldn't do that until the sales justified experimenting with it.
Chibi Kaji

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Wait, you can't go after Benibara, Mayumi or Kareha in the game? That kinda make me sad.... I would have loved going after atleast the teacher.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2