• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim to Run 1st Bleach Film on September 5

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Its been several years since I watched a actual movie on AS, but I think this is great news.

Just watched episode 144 of Bleach yesterday, so now I've actually ahead of the manga. Which hasn't happen in a long time. But none the less, I think I'll enjoy watching this.

Now if only Wendee Lee would receive more screen time, but oh well, I'll take what I can get.
Altorrin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:54 pm Reply with quote
I don't mind the shows they run right now, even if they are old. I love FMA, for one, and Big O and Ghost in the Shell have a following. I can't get around to watching it (fantasy's not my thing) but I heard Moribito's really good.

In any case, if I could have any 3 anime on Adult Swim, it'd be Darker Than Black, D. Gray Man, and Soul Eater. They just seem so appropriate. ESPECIALLY DARKER THAN BLACK. *hint hint nudge nudge*
ven0m57

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
Quote:
Also this news means that anime on TV is not dead as yet,but to prove it they should listen to the users of their forums and try to get other anime series like funi's One Piece and Naruto Shuppuden on AS.Hopefully this news on the movie's release will mean that those series will be on AS as well.

He he Your looking a bit to far into it.

If anything should be on TV its Naruto and One Piece.

Naruto was on there for a while, as was one peice. if its not there anymore then its for a reason (usualy Confused ) and i think they are afraid to replace the shows they know are getting vewers because they dont want to loose the fans they have now. i currently dont have AS untill i get cable installed in the barracks so i cant watch it atm anyway but personaly i think they may have considered new shows but also considered is the risk worth the reward and they decided no. they are a buisness after all.
g*ni

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Its comforting to know that Adult Swim is actually, yes actually, trying to maintain an anime watching demographic. The Bleach movie is a start. Trying to catch up with J distribution on Bleach is fantastic; they're not pushing out four eps a week like the Naruto net package, but its great getting two a week.

I do hope they pick up new series and do it right, but Adult Swim has a track record of not commenting on their anime plans. Instead they put out a bunch of FUD to irritate viewers. And frankly its not helping their image. I guess you could call Adult Swim the master of reverse PR.

I like what Adult Swim is doing now, but I'm apprehensive about what they might try in the future.
ven0m57

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:18 pm Reply with quote
well from what i remember they where always back and forward, meaning for a short while things would go well and the veiwers would be happy then all of a sudden without warning a show would dissapear, or they would take 2 weeks for a new episode. honestly im loving it here in japan because they states is just so far behind its not even funny. but i think we can all agree they are "trying" to get things on track. just starting a lil late?...to say the least.
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:19 pm Reply with quote
I saw they had a movie scheduled in their listings, but it just said "movie." It was also posted over the other anime show slots, so I figured [as] was up to their old tricks again.

But it's a surprise to see that it's the Bleach movie. I was expecting something like ATHF or Perfect Hair Forever.
ven0m57

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:34 pm Reply with quote
yea but all in all i think its def a good surprise Very Happy
Seljuk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Well, all the AS stuff aside, at least it was the first Bleach movie. I couldn't even get through the other two they were so bad. Memories of Nobody was actually a really good watch though. Will be looking for this on the 5th.
Katane

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
How about Run a New Show. >_> Geass, Fullmetal, Death Note, Big O and all that other junk is all old and Morbito Fails. There are Hundreds of shows out there, Pick something else for god sakes.

OK BIG-O has to go, I'll give you that one, Moribito can stay I like that show. Also, I don't seeing Adult Swim of the other show, Ghost In The Shell is legendary, Fullmatal, Death Note, and Geass is too popular so scratch that. The only shows I can see that Adult Swim could possibly replace would be Cowboy Bebop and Inuyasha, I don't think anybody is staying up that late to watch Inuyasha anyway. Plus a while back Adult Swim did show this so I guess it would be OK to show it again. But it would be better if it was Diamond Dust Rebellion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
ven0m57

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Seljuk wrote:
Well, all the AS stuff aside, at least it was the first Bleach movie. I couldn't even get through the other two they were so bad. Memories of Nobody was actually a really good watch though. Will be looking for this on the 5th.

sadly enough i have yet to see it so i will probly be watching AS online when that comes on during my lunch break or something. though like you said I've heard its a decent movie form a few others as well so im kind of exited
trafalgarlaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Adult Swim should just stick D. Gray-man and Claymore on their line-up. Both newer series and both have the darker style AS is so fond of.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:55 pm Reply with quote
I'm all for the stick some Funi titles on.

I mean Soul Eater would fit perfectly at the 11:00 or 11:30 time slot (where that Star wars show is right now, and a episode of Bleach)

You have to think a kid/ teen who would want to watch it would stay up to 11pm/12 midnight to catch Soul Eater or even some other show thats new.

I still want AS to bring back Cased Closed but have it un-cut. Along with some other shows, like Lupin the 3rd. God knows how long that has been off the air
Tratious

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:38 pm Reply with quote
awesome althought I own the DVD already I'll probably watch this anyway because it's on.

They[AS] should think about putting up new Anime also
Funimation has so much.

They will have a big selection now and more soon
Nabari No Ou
FullMetal Alchemist 2
Baccano!
Spice And Wolf
Soul Eater
Eden Of The East
Casshern Sins
Sengoku Basara

etc etc etc
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Well, while I would've liked them to air the 2nd one (which I've heard was better received by fans), it's something new so that can't be all bad. Wink
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Personally, this news makes me happy. I have yet to see the first Bleach movie (I know, have I been living in a hole or something? XP), so this is my perfect chance to see it.

And on the whole AS thing: I think AS is doing all right anime-wise with what they got. Yeah, they are doing poorly at it, but let's face it: anime isn't their mainstream thing. They go for the comedy shows more than anything else and focus on the anime on Saturdays mostly. Sure, I'd love to see other shows on there and go back to the days where they had shows like Witch Hunter Robin and such on, but those days are sadly gone. They have their hits right now though, like Geass, Bleach, FMA, Moribito, etc., and I think that's what all AS is really going to focus on.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3