• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Trinity Blood BLURAY

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:07 am Reply with quote
I was amazed at how generous this review was. Trinity Blood ripped off numerous shows, and yet it was still awful. And when an Anime blatantly copies from awesome works such as Trigun, then it opens itself up to being compared to said awesome works. The comparisons, needless to say, are not pretty. Trinity Blood's characters and story are mediocre at the best of times, let alone the worst, and that's before I compare it to anything else. It did have a nice look, but that just makes the show a well-polished turd.

I wasn't really bothered by the ending, because the show was pretty shoddy right from the start. By the end I had just stopped caring, and I was only watching because I had wasted quite a bit of money on it and didn't want to "waste" my "investment".

PetrifiedJello wrote:
I'm still fuming if this helps give this statement more emphasis. I'll go even further to say this is the worst ending I've ever witnessed in my anime-viewing history.

Really? I mean, really? It didn't have an end, I'll grant you that, but then numerous Anime are in the same boat. May I ask why Trinity Blood's (non)ending especially infuriated you?

Key wrote:
That's really the only fan service for guys unless you count the cleavage-revealing outfits. (Which I don't.)

You don't, huh. I guess you're as desensitised as PetrifiedJello.

On a mildly related note, I don't know what it is about Japan and nuns. It might be just ignorance on my part, but I don't know of anywhere else in the world that fetishises nuns as much as the Japanese do.
SpaceCobraJoe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:54 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed this anime, minus the abrupt conclusion. Halfway through the last episode, my inner voice yelled, "Wait... what? They skipped at least three episodes worth of drama to get here."
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2