• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Good Comebacks

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fronzel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:00 pm Reply with quote
I might buy Shantae if I had a DSi, but ditching my old DSL and losing GBA support, not to mention the fact that the 3DS is on the horizon, make it impossible. Great.

I can't be excited enough for Megaman Legends 3. Nuts to sidescrollers, Legends is the best things with "Megaman" in the title there is.

Shame the 3DS is probably going to run $300.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Fronzel wrote:

Shame the 3DS is probably going to run $300.

Actually in Japan the DSiXL retailed for $50 more than in America, so the 3DS will probably be around $250
Dumnerd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:52 pm Reply with quote
I'm sorry I missed the original Shantae for GBC; I heard it was one of the last great games for the system. I'm really excited for Shantae: Risky's Revenge but since I already own a DSlite, it will have to wait until I get the 3DS next year. It makes no sense to by a DSi XL but, I REALLY WANT TO PLAY SHANTAE, NOW!

PS: Mega Man Legends 3?! YEEESSS!!!! Does anybody else here think that Capcom should finally re-release Mega Man Legends, Mega Man Legends 2 & The Misadventures of Tron Bonne in NA, EU & AU?
gorilla491

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:03 pm Reply with quote
MEGA MAN LEGENDS 3 OMG!!!! HELLL YEEAAH!!!!
Letthemeatraep

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:46 pm Reply with quote
I find myself less impressed by the 3DS as time passes. The exhorbitant pricing is bad enough, but the latest round of trailers/screens from Capcom at least combined with the leaked specs from last week really showed up the bullshit about "PS3 level graphix!" from E3 time. The Resident Evil Revelation screens in particular are a pretty big downscale from the E3 trailer for the game.

I don't doubt I'll buy one at some point, but I need to see something really great come out to justify the price and yet more N64 ports and rereleases aren't going to do it.

I thought Nintendo would walk it with the 3DS, but I think they may have a tougher sell than normal on their hands with this one.

Anyways, looking forward to Castlevania Lords of Shadow and Disaster Report 4 is looking all kinds of awesome, plus there's a chance we'll see an english language version for this one after getting screwed on the excellent PSP released third game(Which this article's writer seems to not know about) if Sony are going to be pushing every Move/3D supporting title that looks half decent out the door to bulk up the software line up of both features quicksmart.

Small chance maybe, but better than none.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Dumnerd wrote:
PS: Mega Man Legends 3?! YEEESSS!!!! Does anybody else here think that Capcom should finally re-release Mega Man Legends, Mega Man Legends 2 & The Misadventures of Tron Bonne in NA, EU & AU?

Tron Bonne was a heck of a lot of fun, and the "point the Servbots at something and watch what they do" was a fun game mechanic. It's a shame Capcom hasn't gone back and done more with Tron and her minions, other than to just dump them into fighting games.
aluria

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Rescue Rangers 3 would be awesome. Granted my friends and I spent most of the time throwing each other around. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:04 pm Reply with quote
HJSoulma wrote:
As for Tales of Graces, I am was a very angry Tales fan who has officially given up all hope of ever seeing another Tales game released here, and while that sounds awful I imagine it'll save me a lot of heartbreak down the road. I will always have my memories.

You and me both brother, you and me both. I've felt this was the case since the release of the PS3 Vesperia. There will never be another Tales here. All we can do is clutch Beta Vesperia and New World tightly, and remember when they actually cared about letting us have Tales games.
ittoujuu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:05 pm Reply with quote
I'd really love to buy Shantae: Risky's Revenge, and I would do so this very week...except for the fact that I don't own a DSi or DSi XL, and with the 3DS on the horizon, I have no intention of buying one of those two models (I use a blue DS Phat; if it ever goes out someday, I'd buy a Lite to replace it). But I love platformers, and the game has such a charming style about it, that I feel like mailing WayForward a check for $12 and then seeking out an emulated version of the game. I want to be able to play it, and I especially want to be able to support it (most importantly in the first month or two, which is what they'll use to determine whether the game was a success). I still have a major bone to pick with Nintendo's bone-headed decision to have things like Wii VC games and DSi Ware locked to the system they were purchased on, but I'd make an exception for this case.

My jury's still out on "4 Warriors of Light" - I'm still playing Dragon Quest IX, actually, and if WoL isn't a better game than it, there's no reason to actually pick it up. And DQ9 is pretty fun (well, for an RPG-mongering fuddy-duddy like me), so it's got a hill to climb, definitely.
Showsni

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Every time I walk past the Hote Dusk sequel in the shops I think "I really need to get that," but my backlog's just terrible... I haven't even got Metroid out of the box yet. Well, hearing it's not come out in America yet is another reason to get it, I guess. Maybe I'll just buy it anyway and put it on the to do pile.
B.K.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Shenl742 wrote:
Enslaved looks pretty awful, and the fact that it looks like Namco's tossing that at us instead of Tales of Graces saddens me...

There's a group working on a fan translation for Graces. They're making pretty good progress on it.

http://talesofgraces.com/
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Well the PS3 did just start it's "Japanese Original" section in its store and I'm sure Capcom will want to promote the game as much as possible once development gets underway. So there definitely are improved odds of getting the old Legend or Dash games. I would love a copy for my PS3.
Myznomer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:39 pm Reply with quote
4kids rap in the rollover text makes me feel like I got Rick-rolled. Anime cry
robo-ky

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:26 pm Reply with quote
great column this week! i had never heard of disaster report before the concept sounds really cool. i wonder if Dissidia 012 will be any good. also the yakuza new chapter looks interesting, an underground no holds barred fighting league is a good addition to the yakuza universe. and :sigh: i guess they'll never make a good 2d castlevania again, it was inevitable that they turn it into a full-on action game like god of war. and konami w/neverdead more zombies? seriously? i never played shantae, and with MM legends it's a bout f'n time
davecabrera
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Monkey escaping an armored plane that disintegrates around him. That probably wasn't anywhere in the original legend, but then, video games seldom stick to the books.

Well you see, as the story was first told, Monkey sprung into being up on a mountain, out of an egg, if you can believe that. He was a rebel for the ages. A trickster, if you will, in the possession of a not unimpressive number of magical incantations. Despite such prodigious abilities, Monkey's humble goal was mere trickery of all beings for his personal enjoyment. Not even the gods were beyond his magical pranks.

Monkey magic, monkey magic.

In so doing, Monkey drew a bit of ire from the gods, who rightly proclaimed the fellow defiant, arrogant, irrepressible by nature. Thankfully, Monkey was rescued from divine punishment by a kindly priest. And that was the start of their pilgrimage quest.

A small amount of monkey magic can bring about quite a spectacle. Indeed, even the tiniest of our hero's magical shenanigans can fix whatever ails you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHQTTq0dFT4
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3