• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cartoon Network Summer 2005 Kick-Off

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyrax777

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 5:17 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
.Sy wrote:
Oooh starts in about fifteen minutes for me. I wonder if they'll show Naruto's sexy-no-jutsu....?(j/k, j/k! I's have to lock my brother up, he's pretty bent on seeing the series.)

My guess is that because this is on Toonami, the shots of him doing Sexy-no-jutsu will be edited out.

probly a digital bikini ala the games

IGPX all i could think off was Mecha Roller Derby
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Well, it wouldn't be necessary since it was covered up by smoke on the important parts of the "female" Naruto copies.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Writer1520
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Overall I am not worried about the dubbing for Naruto. Naruto already has a huge fan base, and if Viz or CN try and change too much, they will hear about it.

Last edited by Writer1520 on Mon May 30, 2005 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
cyrax777

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 5:32 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
Well, it wouldn't be necessary since it was covered up by smoke on the important parts of the "female" Naruto copies.
Yeah I dont get why they did the digi bikini thing in the games either but I dont think they will cut it out.

only time will tell thu.
Raimaru

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Whooo!! Steve Blum (spike speigle from Cowboy Bebop) Is cast for the role of Kakashi. I hear that the names of the attacks will remain the same, ie: It will be Kage bunshin No jutsu instead of art of the Shadow clone.
Izlude

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:56 pm Reply with quote
No! We must have Art of the Doppelganger!
T0FFe3m@n

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:09 pm Reply with quote
lol. The preview was.... uhhh... mmm... not too bad. I obviously have my doubts about a few things but overall it was decent. I am another one who didn't really like the pronunciation of "Naruto" - the emphesis should be on the "TOE" rather than the "ROO"..
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:37 pm Reply with quote
I have a bad feeling about IGPX. It looked more GP than anything else, and I liked the premise in th "OVA." However, I always liked the team mech battle concept, so I think it'll be worth it in the long run.
Rªdì¢âl_£Ð

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Also, the Naruto dub is being recorded in Los Angeles, meaning either Animaze, Bang Zoom! Entertainment, or New Generation Pictures is recording the dub!
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Even though I LOVE to hear New Generation Pictures do a dub for a long-winded series, I seriously doubt they're doing it. It's more likely it'll be done by the people who did the Zatch Bell dub. But, yes it seems like the LA VAs are doing the dub.
midori kou

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:21 pm Reply with quote
It's probably going to be Animaze doing it. I hope that Wendee Lee is the VA director. She has an idea what Japanese suppose to sound like.

I'm not too afraid if Naruto gets a crappy dub. All of you anime fans who have seen anime in the 80s and early 90s would know what's worse as I have.
Isaaru

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 1:00 am Reply with quote
I just have to say with all the whining about justu changes....wouldnt be hilarious if they kept them, but changed everything else?

...head ninja,... leaf academy....rock lee=bully?....

the narutards would implode from from bitching overload 4 sure!
Ohoni

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 1:06 am Reply with quote
I hope they do leave the jutsu names intact. It gives flavor to the series, since it is Japanese in any language, as opposed to say, One Piece which is Euro-flavored pirate action.

I also hope "Leaf Village" is a temporary title, but if not it's a minor change I can deal with.

One thing I did notice is that the trailer had BLOOD in it, filthy, nasty, dirty blood, coming out of Naruto's mouth in one shot (from his Haku fight I think). I wonder if that'll stick around.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 1:54 am Reply with quote
Isaaru wrote:
I just have to say with all the whining about justu changes....wouldnt be hilarious if they kept them, but changed everything else?

...head ninja,... leaf academy....rock lee=bully?....

the narutards would implode from from bitching overload 4 sure!

Plus, Konoha was called Hidden Leaf Village. I'm not too bothered by that (that's what the name MEANS, big whoop) although I hope they don't calle Hokage "Head Ninja" in the actual dub since that title not only sounds far less impressive, there's also the problem of the other four Kages (Kazekage, Mizukage, etc.) and what you would call them. If you call them ALL "Head Ninja" it's going to get confusing, especially during the Chunnin Exam when Hokage and Kazekage are sitting next to each other and guys keep swooping down and giving messages to one or the other. "Head Ninja, I have an urgent-no, the OTHER Head Ninja!"

Anyway, I'd rather they translate the attack names. "Art of the Doppleganger" or "Shadow Clone" just sounds better than "Kage Bushin no Jitsu," to an english speaker and, you know, it's a dub, they're SUPPOSED to translate things. So long as they don't completly change the names, I won't mind.

I don't think Lee was being called a bully. He just happened to be the one onscreen when the narrator said the word. And hey, the first thing Lee does in the series is try to kick Sasuke's butt.

But yeah, no matter how good the dub is, (and a big HELL YEAH for Steve Blum as Kakashi) lots of people will complain. They could put the show on uncut and subtitled and people would complain.
Shorty22

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:59 am Reply with quote
I didn't see the first airing when I was flipping around. I found a Kim Possible marathon for background noise instead. Luckily I was poking around here when the article was posted and I just managed to catch the 3pm airing yesterday, since I'm working during all the other airings... -_-;

Anyway, Bobobo certainly seems insane. Hair is the big fashion accessory thing and someone's shaving people's heads? Uh... ok. And that big afro-sporting guy is really freaky. I'll try it, cause it'll be there, but this series doesn't really seem to be part of my usual fare.

Is it just me or does Kiyo (Zatch Bell) seem too involved in the fights? I mean, the preview had spoiler[Zatch throwing the already injured Kiyo at the other mamodo to impale the helmet with an iron pole for a better electrical attack. I mean, really, Kiyo's always getting beat up. I thought that was just in the beginning, as they figured things out and such, but is it really going to be a continuous thing? The other teams seem more reliant on the mamodo, which in a supernatural fight, seems only natural. I understand trying to press home the moral of friendship/teamwork, but really... actively participating in the fights makes it seem like Kiyo has lost a few marbles or something.]

As for Naruto, it looks pretty nice. I was expecting a darker shade of animation for it, not for it to be all bright and shiny. Although I am slightly disappointed that they used shots from the opening for the preview. Being that I've already seen the opening, I was hoping for better snippets. All in all, it just seems like they could have picked a few other snippets to use than they did. Ah well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3