• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: K-On! Film Scheduled for December 3

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sburstall

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
Goggen wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:
We don't have any info yet on where in the K-ON! timeline the movie will take place, am I right?

Orignal story set prior to their graduation. That's all we know.

damn, they better do an anime series about their college life after the movie is done.
Kaifly hasn't started writing the new K-ON! yet. I would guess that it will be spring of 2012 before there would be enough source material for a new series.
Goggen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:29 pm Reply with quote
sburstall wrote:
Kaifly hasn't started writing the new K-ON! yet. I would guess that it will be spring of 2012 before there would be enough source material for a new series.

At least. IIRC, the original manga ran for two years before the first anime series came around.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:52 pm Reply with quote
sburstall wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:
Goggen wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:
We don't have any info yet on where in the K-ON! timeline the movie will take place, am I right?

damn, they better do an anime series about their college life after the movie is done.

yeah, they don't need that much original source material. I think they just made up alot of stuffs for the second season anyway.
Goggen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
yeah, they don't need that much original source material. I think they just made up alot of stuffs for the second season anyway.

They stayed true to the manga throughout, they just added a lot of stuff on their own. Now, they need to at least wait and see what direction the story takes, what new characters might be introduced, etc. Anything after graduation is completely new territory for K-On.
superunature

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Goggen wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:

They stayed true to the manga throughout, they just added a lot of stuff on their own. Now, they need to at least wait and see what direction the story takes, what new characters might be introduced, etc. Anything after graduation is completely new territory for K-On.

they do follow the manga but does change/add things, but overall, it follows it quite well~
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
sburstall wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:
Goggen wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:

They actually did. Because think about it - We don't even get to Azusa until the second volume.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2