• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Remember the Titans

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:04 am Reply with quote
I will be joining in the lamentation of Nodame Cantabile's unfinished state. It's such a joy to read and it breaks my heart a little to know that those last volumes will probably never be on my shelf. POD could be an answer but at this point, I don't know how likely it is since the fans have been asking about this series for years now.

I shall have to console myself with my homemade DVDs of the live action series, which was actually my introduction to this world and characters and which I do admittedly love even more than the manga.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:49 am Reply with quote
partially wrote:
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
Honestly it really annoys me that Kodansha won't finish Nodame Cantabile.

To be honest it is perfectly reasonable that they aren't. It had been ages since a release by the time Kodansha popped up, a lot of people had given up on it finishing. So really it would just be a money drain to do the last bunch of volumes, since they would have lower sales than even those final couple of volumes released. To have any sort of chance of selling Kodansha would have to reprint the first 16 volumes, and I don't see that happening.

Well, it was especially painful considering that volume 17 was listed for pre-order at one point, with an original release date of 26 Jan 2010 (which slipped to 26 Oct 2010 before eventually getting canceled altogether). I had the book in an order that I placed with TRSI on 16 Oct 2009.

;_;
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:54 pm Reply with quote
fuuma_monou wrote:
Agent355 wrote:
I want to remind everybody that the first season of the Nodame Cantabille anime is available legally streaming via Crackle, complete with a delightful dub. But like its manga counterpart, it's not complete because seasons 2&3 are inexplicably absent. *sigh*

Animax Asia only aired seasons 2 & 3 subtitled. Guess Sony didn't feel like ponying up for the cost of the dub.

I didn't know that, too bad. i still wonder why no one has released the first season on DVD, since it's all polished up and ready to go.

As for seasons 2 and 3, Crackle could always put up the subbed show (or let Crunchyroll host 'em)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2