• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX Slated for September with Artbook

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:13 am Reply with quote
itchymas24 wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:
KH3 is basically Square's answer to Half Life 3, isn't it?

Enjoy yet another remake, because 3 isn't coming out any time soon.

i think there gonna make another kingdom hearts remix (being 2.5) featuring KH2:FM KH:BBSFM and the same they did with the 358/2 days but instead dream drop distance, that would be cool and than they release KH3

It's already been revealed at the end of the game that KH2, BBS, and re:coded are the ones to be released in 2.5 remix. It makes since because DDD is the newest and really doesn't need a re-release on the PS3. I'm playing re:coded right now and I sort of a hope that they do treat it the same way as they did with 358/2 because I'd enjoy seeing data!Sora go through his short lived dilemma of finding out that he isn't 'real' and so on. On the other hand I don't think it would turn out nicely with how much the gameplay relies on the cutscenes. 358 was a little easier to deal with I think (as far as I know; I haven't seen the cutscenes yet).
Juno016

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:46 am Reply with quote
Hagaren Viper wrote:
Kingdom Hearts has got to be the only franchise iI've seen where they put out games but people just scream "JUST GIVE US THE NEXT ONE". Days was admittedly pretty lame, Coded was light on story but good for gameplay, and BBS was one of the best games in the franchise. Each one of them added to the story in some way anyway so... it's not like you aren't getting anything out of it.

Complaints about HD baffle me because that didn't hold back KH3 in any way... plus it's pretty great to have all these back on current gen consoles. It will be great for those who missed out, considering how many consoles this franchise has been on!

Agreed. Having just beat Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix HD myself, I still have to agree that Birth By Sleep was so much better. And 358/2 Days' story was almost as powerful to me, even if the gameplay was iffy.
KHIII is not being held back by these "spin-off" games. If they didn't release any "spin-offs," we'd be getting nothing and Nomura would be placed on some other project instead. Sure, we all want it, but I've yet to regret having played any of the games they've released in the meantime. And going back to play the previous games in this HD remake is great preparation for KHIII.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2