• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nisekoi School Romantic Comedy Manga Inspires Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Divineking

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:04 am Reply with quote
Ushio wrote:
HitokiriShadow wrote:
animegamingnerd wrote:
way way to soon since the manga is only at 76 chapters spoiler[it will porbably go the route of the beelzebub anime]

76 chapters is PLENTY of material for a 12-26 episode series.

Which means it'll be a late night anime which relies on disc sales and since it's a Jump series it'll flop unless they boost the fanservice levels.

Eh I'd say it depends on who distributes it. So long as it's not say Media Factory or something who's notorious for doing that kind of thing, it might be left in tact in that respect. Of course romcoms tend to have terrible adaptions anyway since they always decide to rush through stuff to introduce all the heroines as early as possible so I'm worried for the anime for that reason. Hopefully they'll play this one a bit straighter. Especially since (until recently) it was pretty tightly scripted plot wise.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Saw this one coming 20 miles away the moment I saw the character images and the push it was getting--and that was even before the first volume came out (not that I'm complaining, since it looks and sounds good)! This has been the trend nowadays, where manga almost seem to get made/green-lit with the intention that they will be adapted once enough material is produced for one or two cours. I suppose this is a streamlining of the time-honored "Let's find and adapt a manga!" effort that has long been a part of anime producing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ginsan

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:53 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
animegamingnerd wrote:
way way to soon since the manga is only at 76 chapters spoiler[it will porbably go the route of the beelzebub anime]

76 chapters is PLENTY of material for a 12-26 episode series.

Yes but I doubt it'll get a second season, hopefully they went for an anime original ending, since the ending couple is so obvious. I prefer an ending, to no ending and no sequel. I am waiting for anime adaption of AssClass, it should be easier to get the puns when watching than reading..
zensunni

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Since it is weekly, it will most likely pass 100 episodes before the anime is done. I think they'll probably do through chapter 75 in 12 episodes though, that take you to the end of their first year in high school. A good stopping point.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Live action might be better for this type of manga.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
Live action might be better for this type of manga.

I really disagree. A lot of the charm of the manga is the art, especially the comical faces and reactions. That would be completely lost in a live-action adaptation.
sphyre052

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Confused It feels like this upcoming anime will only have 12 episodes. But, this is great! seeing the anime adaption of "Nisekoi" is dream. I only thought it's all just up to "Vomic" with Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Raku Ichijou and Haruka Tomastsu as Kirisaki Chitoge, two seiyuus who lead the Kirito and Asuna from Sword Art Online.

I can't wait to watch the anime Anime hyper
Ropen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:38 pm Reply with quote
_Archer_ wrote:
I'm kinda hoping the anime doesn't add any fanservice. Lack of it is what makes Nisekoi what it is.

I hope you're not trying to say the manga doesn't have fanservice. It's more conservative than it could be but it certainly is there, especially ever since that first onsen chapter. Let's not kid ourselves here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2