• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your user name.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperOnizuka

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:43 am Reply with quote
Since I believe that Eikichi Onizuka is Super, I coined my SN as Super Onizuka. Also helps that he is my favorite anime character.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:51 am Reply with quote
Mine is also a nickname. It's for Kazuki Sendou from Comic Party. My friends gave it to me after seeing it on fansubs because I apparently share a great many qualities with Kazuki, except for his drawing ablility.
Verdoozle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:53 am Reply with quote
My username is a nickname from high school. A friend of mine gave that to me around my sophmore year. The first half of the name, 'verd' is the first half of my last name, and the second half, the 'oozle' is just something he replaced the last half of my last name with (I have know idea where he got it from). The name has stuck for all these years and that is pretty much the only thing people call me now.
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:53 am Reply with quote
Abarenbo Shogun (暴れん坊将軍) is the name of a fictional Edo-era samurai series on the TV Asahi Network from 1978-2003. The original title was Yoshimune Hyobanki: Abarenbo Shogun (Chronicle in Praise of Yoshimune: The Bold Shogun) but that was dropped after a few seasons.

Zalis116

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:09 am Reply with quote
"Zalis" is a name that I made up myself for a story in my tenth-grade English class, around ten years ago. (It was a story about cats who ruled the world Smile )

116 is my favorite/special number, and I added it onto my name because the registration messed up the first time when I signed up as simply "Zalis." (Never got the activation e-mail Evil or Very Mad ) The reason that it's my special number is a long story that I won't get into here. I'll just say that it involves the 1994 Orange Bowl between Florida State and Nebraska.

(And btw, the "a" rhymes with the "a" in "Naruto," and the "i" rhymes with the "i" in "Li," emphasis on the second syllable="zahLEES")
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:18 am Reply with quote
Eric wrote:
It's my real name.

Or is it...?

It you real name Eric the Loon.

Mine, It is one that people don't forget, and besides Nebula was a nickname I had in Junor High. The Advent part came out as a joke (I am not telling the story just to be on the safe side) at first, but it kina stuck.
shirokiryuu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:48 am Reply with quote
one fateful day in 7th grade i was reading summaries of recent yugioh episodes, and one of the most recent ones was the one in the Ancient Egypt/Memory Arc and it talked about a man who saw a "shirokiryuu" or white dragon in the desert (Kisara)

it's not like yugioh is my favorite show or kisara is my favirotie character.. it was a spur of the moment... "Hey! a random japanese word! I'll punch it in aim and see if it's taken!"

it was taken on aim (i used shirokiryu instead) but then i started using it as my other screen names since it seems to not be taken all the time

and i have 7 or so other screennames, which are from me looking up random words in the japanese english dictionary...

Ironically i'm not a big fan of lexicons
NGE1113

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:58 am Reply with quote
The 'NGE' on my username comes from a fairly popular series title, which shouldn't be too hard to figure out. The '1113,' on the other hand, is something of a running gag, as it's been on every handle I've ever used online.
Last_Stallion

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:12 am Reply with quote
I couldn't think of anything, for a name for anything then while I was playing Dynasty Warriors 4 I got Ma Chao's last weapon, which was called Last Stallion, and I was like that sounds pretty cool and I have used that whenever I make a name since then.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
remember love

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:40 am Reply with quote
My user-name (Remember Love) deals with the Macross movie...Macross: Do you Remember Love. Since I'm a big fan of robotech and use the robotech forums I couldn't use a character name seeing how all of them have been taken before I had the chance of using any of them and I hate putting numbers beside the names (like: Rickhunter123, etc.)...So, I decided since I am a robotech and macross fan I'll use the movie name Remember Love.
I use it for almost every website seeing how a lot of people don't use it,don't know why though... Maybe people find it too femine(if I spelled it right) or girly.
Oh, and I am a male just incase if anyone has there doubts about that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Gene Starwind

Shiro Amada

Need I say more?
YourNeighborTotoro

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:42 pm Reply with quote
My username is a play on the the anime title 'My Neighbor Totoro'. I'm a HUGGGGGE Ghibli fan, and 'Totoro' is one of my favorite Ghibli movies.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Efan, you could even be 'trendy' and call yourself eFan, as in 'electronic fanatic' Smile

Shiroi Hane (which means 'white feather(s)'), is something I picked almost at random some years ago when I was trying to craete a new nick for myself that wouldn't already be taken on large boards like ezboards (ny pre-net nick, 'cat', was (unsurprisingly really) already taken in most places, and I'd gotten tired of the variations on the theme I'd been using). I originally came across the term from a Digimon card, I thought it sounded kinda cool and the imagery was nice so went with it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Iemander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Iemander is just "someone" in dutch twisted around a bit to make it sound good as a nick.

So yeah, if you had trouble pronouncing it, that's why, it's not english. It's actually ee - mander.

I also have a dutch name for female avatars I use in games. Inea, which would translate to ee - nay - yah.
Efan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Efan, you could even be 'trendy' and call yourself eFan, as in 'electronic fanatic' Smile

Unfortunetly, thats what many people think I mean by it, so don't think that that's what it means. Btw It's pronounced "ee-fin" not "ee-fan", so that's a key difference Wink .

Edit- Fixed quote thingy.

Last edited by Efan on Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 38