• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: BlazBlue Alter Memory Anime's Promo Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:50 pm Reply with quote
YamadaKun wrote:
Haven't we learned that you don't adapt fighting games? Game genres in general have crappy stories, since they weren't made to accommodate stories. Que Rahxephon or some other noob gamer
I'm not a noob gamer and I can't help that you have some of the most idiotic and wrong views or games, anime, or just whatever.

And oh please oh please make a Youtube rant video about me Tenjin.

Yes after the extremley note-worthy Big O endnd, anime just stopped being good.

Game developers don't care about the voice acting in their game thats why AAA developers like Naughty Dog talk about VA and why many Japanese developers make a big deal about who they get to voice act their characters.

Also screw options when it comes to voice. Nobody should want dual audio and disc medium can't handle it. Which explains why many western games have many different localisations on them and few games even fill their medium.

Yeah video game stories are always terrible which explains why many of Naughty Dog's games, The Yakuza games, Talltale's Walking Dead games, Rockstar's games and ect all have reasonable praise for their narratives because video games all have bad stories and aren't a good medium for them.

And nobody cares about stories in video games anyway, which I'm sure explains the popularity of rpgs in general.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
YamadaKun

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:49 pm Reply with quote
@Etrien What an atrocious "game" then. If I have to sit through hours of crappy dialogue, before I get to the gameplay, then it's not good. Dame da.

@Chagen Oh I have played it in the arcades. Just didn't play beyond 2 player mode.

@Rahxephon Speak of the devil. Sup man? I don't know what you're insinuating. That I'm Tenjin? Please. I use his videos in discussions and he's my friend. Nothing more. Also, none of that shit, outside important specifics matter in gaming. These game developers are noobs, sellouts and sheep. Gameplay>all. Also, this anime will most likely suck. It's adapting a video game, which is a fighting game, which probably never even had a good story to begin with. -_- That's the short version. Pretty much all game adaptations suck.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

I don't know what you're insinuating. That I'm Tenjin? Please. I use his videos in discussions and he's my friend. Nothing more.

I'm insinuating that you're arguments are usually ridiculous and stupid. Oh and that you're that dude.

But I guess he's just your "friend" and you guys have exactly the same opinions and writing style to a T. Must be such a close friend to constantly refer to his (insanely dumb) videos and use his exact same arguments(to the point that they are copied) in the exact same matter.

You really should stop this sad charade.

Quote:

Also, none of that shit, outside important specifics matter in gaming.
Yes because you say it, none of it matters. Creating belivable worlds and characters don't matter. Creating experinces that improve the game don't matter.

Who cares about that kind of stuff when you're game is about say traveling a strange new world or exeprinceing some sort of thing that a normal person could'nt. Yes presenting these things as best as possible dosen't matter.

Man you should design a game like The Witcher 2. Tell CD Project that all they're efforts to create and design a dark fantasy world that a gamer wants to interact with because it's believable and mature thanks in part to it's great storytelling and attention to detail are in fact POINTLESS AND DON"T MATTER.

I'm sure you'll go far.

Quote:
These game developers are noobs, sellouts and sheep.
Yep, these prestigious and well liked developers are all idiots. Not you. Surly they don't know how to make video games.

Quote:
Gameplay>all.
Yep. Skyrim is loved soley because of the gameplay. Could'nt be the well crafted world that draws you in. Yep the story telling in The Last of Us didn't matter. The great gameplay of Yakuza isn't helped by the developers crafting of a great Yakuza movie experience that extends beyond the beat em up gameplay. The world of Bioshock Infinite was pointless, forget the fact that the ending with basically no shooting is perhaps the most memorable. Those Tales skit's don't help you like the characters and are stupid. Remember that approach to Vector in FF6, that was dumb. How about the story moment of getting the airship, STUPID. Yep all these things are pointless and don't help in partnership with the gameplay in crafting a memorable game. Because games that do this are stupid and we should only have games that focus on gameplay. Yep, everyone's an idiot except Tejin here when it comes to making games.
Quote:

Also, this anime will most likely suck. It's adapting a video game, which is a fighting game, which probably never even had a good story to begin with.
I don't know. I know you don't know though, because you're just generalizing and have never touched the game.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Etrien

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:19 pm Reply with quote
YamadaKun wrote:
@Etrien What an atrocious "game" then. If I have to sit through hours of crappy dialogue, before I get to the gameplay, then it's not good. Dame da.

I hear ya, reading is hard.

It's said that back in the day, people used to read things for hours and hours without even having random battles to break it up. And they called 'em "books" or something. No clue how people ever enjoyed something like that.
YamadaKun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:07 am Reply with quote
@Rahxephon How am I Tenjin? Because we share a lot of opinions? So that means Crispy45 and BonusStage are the same people, huh? That Hitokiri and Fencedude are the same people? That users such as Crispy45, BonusStage, lostrune are TitanXL alternate accounts, because they have never disagreed with him and always have the exact same ridiculous reasons for why the West sucks in every way and that Japan is better in every way? As for the gaming part, let's cut to it. Long story short, new "gamers" are not really gamers. They expect things that make animation, movies and story books good to be in games, which doesn't make a good game, by the way.

Also, you may or may not have been told before, but please fix up your spelling and grammar. It's really, really bad. If the national language of the USA is English, then I expect you to write in legible, well written English. Just saying.

@Etrien I don't know whether or not you're being sarcastic, but I would rather play something that's supposed to be a game, than read poorly written screeds of text for 3-4 hours straight. I would rather play a video game, specifically a fighting game for the controls and gameplay.
terminus24

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:28 am Reply with quote
Pretty hyped for this- pretty much been expecting this from the beginning. I just hope it's at least 2 seasons long, no way they can fit everything (if the anime is doing everything, which I expect it is, since the PV featured all the main BB games) into one season.

YamadaKun wrote:
Long story short, new "gamers" are not really gamers. They expect things that make animation, movies and story books good to be in games, which doesn't make a good game, by the way.

Okay, so here's what it sounds like you're saying: if someone made a rock-solid fighter with perfect controls that played amazing, yet all the fighters were generic stick figures, and there were no backgrounds, music or anything besides the fighting, it would be just as good as a game like BlazBlue, with beautiful sprites and backgrounds, great music, and to top it all off, a rather good story mode that gives backstory and purpose to all of the characters?

YamadaKun wrote:
I would rather play something that's supposed to be a game, than read poorly written screeds of text for 3-4 hours straight. I would rather play a video game, specifically a fighting game for the controls and gameplay.

Ever hear of Visual Novels? They're some of the most popular games in Japan, and they're just what they sound like: novels that show their characters, have animation, sound, voice acting, etc. BlazBlue is pretty much half Visual Novel, half fighting game, and both halves don't take away from each other.

Also, quite a few good anime series started off as Visual Novels, and those are usually much better than anime series based off other types of games.
Blem

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:18 pm Reply with quote
YamadaKun wrote:

It's a fighting game. There's a Story Mode with lots of text, Arcade Mode with minimal text, and Versus or Score Attack with none.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2