• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Dive For You

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:59 am Reply with quote
Hardgear wrote:

THANK GOD.

As someone who has been playing on xbox live for years, I would not wish that community upon even my worst enemies...

I wish more games would allow you to play with people who use different systems. I don't like having multiplayer modes with just people on one console.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jrittmayer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:46 am Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:
Hardgear wrote:

THANK GOD.

As someone who has been playing on xbox live for years, I would not wish that community upon even my worst enemies...

I wish more games would allow you to play with people who use different systems. I don't like having multiplayer modes with just people on one console.

I think that the Xbox community is big enough that you don't need to bring in connectivity to other consoles. However I love the fact that PS3 and PC can connect because I greatly prefer the communities on those consoles IN GENERAL.

And besides the PS3 get gimped with delayed DLC all the time for stuff so this makes up for it.

*I own both a 360 and a PS3 as well as a PC so don't tell me I'm being a fanboy*
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The gameplay now uses four attack buttons that each correspond to a different limb (which was totally BloodStorm's idea), and the developers promise a fighting engine deeper than the uppercut contests that occupied us all in the Kombat-crazed days of 1994.

But this leads one to ask the most pressing of questions: can the player nonetheless engage in the 'uppercut contests' that proved so appealing in the earliest games?

I should hope that the D+HP button combination is still as satisfying as ever it was.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Pfhor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:48 pm Reply with quote
I hope the American release of AH3 will bring more people to the game's tournament scene.

Despite it's stupid moe moe nature it's actually a deep and rewarding game that everybody should try out.
Paul Soth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The gameplay now uses four attack buttons that each correspond to a different limb (which was totally BloodStorm's idea)

Is it bad that I know that Time Killers did that first? And wow, bad timing with all the Street Fighter x Tekken news coming out.

As for cake jokes, Chet and Eric have said that they're sick of it and there'll be no mention of such in Portal 2.
Letthemeatraep

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Why talk about the FFIV DS remake as though it were a good game? It was atrocious when I tried playing it, yet I had no trouble enjoying the SNES original again when I was on holiday last year. The PSP version should be the way to go for this game so long as the only change is to the visuals... and so long as you go for the PSN version to dodge loading times.

Can't wait for White Knight Chronicles 2, the first one was superb. Single player was a bit short, but the multiplayer is just amazing. Love the combat system in it, a lot more ambitious than the turn based staleness of other JRPGs. I'd honestly say that alongside Demons Souls, WKC was the best RPG to come out of Japan this generation. Nothing else really comes close to either.

Liked the Moon Diver demo, may buy it at some point, though why is there an "Xbox Live TBA" tag on it? The game has a "PSN exclusive" label on it on the PS store, and games don't have that if they're only timed exclusives going off past experience.
Taiyz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Blame Sony for that one; Moon Diver was announced as a multi-plat title. I assume that the PS3's only getting 1-month exclusivity.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:08 pm Reply with quote
I just had to see if there was any video of Bloodstorm. Damn, that's a hideous rip-off. You can see why MK has survived over time, because it had some style to back up their controversial content.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:55 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
I seem to recall that one of the major complaints levied at WKC was that it was really short and the plot didn't resolve anything. That kinda makes me wonder if this isn't "White Knight Chronicles: This time you get the entire game" more so than White Knight Chronicles 2. I kinda hope so. It was always a game I would have liked to like. It looked pretty appealing and I was real disappointed to when it was totally panned. I could totally see getting on board with the second one if they address some of the issues people had with the original. It's probably over-optimistic to think they'll actually fix any of the problems with the original itself but if the second one is good it might make it worth skimming through number one (especially if it's packaged with 2).

Also, Portal 2. Yay!

Honestly, the WKC plot didn't resolve anything because it was part one of a planned trilogy. Due to low sales, Level-5 combined parts two and three into one game, and they're including part one on the disc as well, so that people who didn't get the first one get to play it. And if you did play through the first one and didn't keep a cleared save file around, you have to play through part one again. Only importing a save from WKC will allow you to instantly start with WKC2.
Though the version of WKC on the new disc is going to have the visual and combat upgrades that are present in the sequel, so it may be worth it to play through again just on that merit alone.
I'll be jumping back into WKC soon to try and up my trophy %. Made two runs through the story and got to GR9, but haven't touched it since December.
darkarcon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:40 am Reply with quote
No news on Bleach Soul Ignition?
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:20 pm Reply with quote
teh*darkness wrote:
Though the version of WKC on the new disc is going to have the visual and combat upgrades that are present in the sequel, so it may be worth it to play through again just on that merit alone.

Wow, so it is essentially 'WKC complete'. And they're even redoing the first part to fix some of the issues. That's excellent news. This just took a big leap up my prospective games list.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:50 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
teh*darkness wrote:

Wow, so it is essentially 'WKC complete'. And they're even redoing the first part to fix some of the issues. That's excellent news. This just took a big leap up my prospective games list.

Yup. The first game benefits from the improvements of the sequel as well. Can't wait to continue WKC.

Yeah, it not having resolved anything was a stupid complaint since it was known that the first game would do no such thing even way before it released, as it was always going to be more than one game. *sigh*
sfried

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Letthemeatraep wrote:
Why talk about the FFIV DS remake as though it were a good game? It was atrocious when I tried playing it, yet I had no trouble enjoying the SNES original again when I was on holiday last year. The PSP version should be the way to go for this game so long as the only change is to the visuals... and so long as you go for the PSN version to dodge loading times.
The DS version actually rebalanced the characters. The spoony bard Edward is no longer useless, and not to mention the ability to pass on abilities from dead characters to other party memebers was a huge plus. Also no load times.

Todd, you also forgot BlazBlue for portables. This year is really the year for fighters. And the fact that Mega Man Legends 3 is having a debut prologue demo DLC on 3DS/<future> e-Shop for only $2. I can smell SSFIV3DArcadeEd around the corner...
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:38 pm Reply with quote
I got my copy of FF4: Complete. Now I just gotta start playing it. I can't believe how many times I've played FF4 now. I probably would have passed this up but since I don't have a Wii I really wanted the 2nd story. So in a way my wish came true.

I'm surprised that WKnC is getting a sequel. The first game seemed like forever to get a release. So that's good news.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2