• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hunter X Hunter Moves From Sunday Mornings to Late Tuesday Nights

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:52 am Reply with quote
lostrune: There's a part of me which wonders if the reason there's an anime reboot in the first place was that Togashi was signaling an end to the series.

labmember: If it bombs in theaters, it'll make money back on home video.

v1cious:
Quote:
Nobody's worse than Miura.

What about the Bastard guy? :)

Chibi: I'm guessing the reason they initially let the content slide was because of the ratings. But the series is currently meandering again, and-dark content aside-it doesn't look like it will pick up the pace any time soon. The current generation of Jump/shonen anime fans probably doesn't have the attention span to sit through DBZ-style powering up, or filler, as it would have in the past. Naruto was probably the straw that broke that camel's back. And maybe Inu Yasha.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:40 am Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
Without TV ratings I'm a bit concerned for the longevity of the adaptation. It's not doing well with home video and the manga, as far as I know, is still on hiatus. So over time (Chimera Ant arc is pretty long) I'm concerned that this timeslot change will have a negative effect on the longevity of the show.

It aint THAT long, we are like halfway through it maybe.

There's still spoiler[90] or so chapters to go.

Last edited by Megiddo on Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:48 am Reply with quote
Like moving from Toonami to Adult Swim, would the kids follow or enough adults to pick up the slack.
dan9999

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
dan9999 wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
Without TV ratings I'm a bit concerned for the longevity of the adaptation. It's not doing well with home video and the manga, as far as I know, is still on hiatus. So over time (Chimera Ant arc is pretty long) I'm concerned that this timeslot change will have a negative effect on the longevity of the show.

It aint THAT long, we are like halfway through it maybe.

There's still spoiler[90] or so chapters to go.

And they go quite fast once adapted, look at what point are we are in the chimera ant arc.

I will give it around a year, actually would go with over by fall 2014.

Damn, if only the mangaka was more serious, dedicated and liked his work (as I can only conclude he does not). I will miss HxH quite a lot, and with the manga on indefinite hiatus, no more HxH anywhere.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:01 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
l
Chibi: I'm guessing the reason they initially let the content slide was because of the ratings. But the series is currently meandering again, and-dark content aside-it doesn't look like it will pick up the pace any time soon. The current generation of Jump/shonen anime fans probably doesn't have the attention span to sit through DBZ-style powering up, or filler, as it would have in the past. Naruto was probably the straw that broke that camel's back. And maybe Inu Yasha.

If your talking about hunter x hunter then it has no filler or DBZ powering up
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:14 pm Reply with quote
bleach: It has filler in the sense of training and unnecessary side stories.
gsilver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:28 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
dan9999 wrote:
HxH has the laziest mangaka ever.

Nobody's worse than Miura.

Miura may be the king of hiatuses, but when he does put out art, it's fantastic. Togashi, on the other hand...

I like Togashi's writing, but seriously, he needs to get someone else to draw it.
Jave

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:55 pm Reply with quote
I give the anime 40 eps max before it reaches the end. They'll end it with the Chimera Ant arc ending or maybe the little arc after it.. I don't think they'd start the Dark Continent arc yet since it just started in the manga unless they do some anime-original stuffs.
Ginsan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Heh cool, Madhouse know what they're doing. Smile Bring on the gore!
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:08 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
bleach: It has filler in the sense of training and unnecessary side stories.

No it doesn't. Training episodes in this show last like 2-3 episodes. And what unnecessary side stories?
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:11 am Reply with quote
bleach: Anything dealing with the Phantom Troupe, for one.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:44 am Reply with quote
I am surprised that this didn´t happen during the Yorknew City Arc.
I am 100% sure that the content won´t change near the end of a run of an anime. They have to get the dvds rated the same after all and the last episodes would have to be storyboarded and written months ago to be ready in a few months. This isn´t South Park. So Chimera Ant arc and then the head comes off. Maybe we can get ovas in the future just like last time. Also this means the next movie is the last and maybe that is better. Maybe the manga will go on soon. We are still relatively early in in arc after all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:38 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
bleach: Anything dealing with the Phantom Troupe, for one.

How is that unnecessary? It dealt with all the Ants that hung around at the beginning of the arc and set up another plot point with Killua's brother and why he joined.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:20 pm Reply with quote
bleach: It's not Killua's brother's story. And any Hunter group could probably take out those Ants.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:44 am Reply with quote
This sucks. I'm not as optimistic as others that they're doing this because the content is too much for the kiddies to handle. My capitalistic and cynical mind leans heavier to the series not making enough bank (ratings) to justify it taking up a lucrative time slot so they kicked it down to the we know nobody is watching this stuff so why waste a decent time slot on it gutter with everything else that they don't think can cut the mustard.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2