• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Stella Women's Academy, High School Division Class C3 Episodes 7-13 Streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Wait? This show has supernatural aspects to it? Hmm might have to check it out then.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:30 pm Reply with quote
I overall liked the series, I was not pushed away by the character transformation or find it hard to believe. It was not the best show, but it was not terrible either.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:52 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
Wait? This show has supernatural aspects to it? Hmm might have to check it out then.

Yes, but they're only relevant for about two episodes.
Key

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:31 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
What weakness? Excepting the idea of nonlethal nature of the sport in question {yet the two masters still had training by American ex-military . For using bb guns, sure, you buy that but the believable part?}, Yura was a clear victim of "too good, too fast" combined with severe master mentor mentality aka "Praise me, praise me!" syndrome.

Some of it was that, maybe, but she swiftly progressed beyond that.

Quote:
Come on, you all really just wanted a group of girls shooting each other? Just for fun? If it wasn't for the "drama", we wouldn't have gotten that stare between Yura and Rento. Come on, that was amazing.

You seem to be entirely unclear on what I (and some others) actually have objections to. I have no problem with it turning serious, and to a degree the transformation that Yura undergoes is believable. The combination of severity and abruptness of the transformation is what's in question here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:39 pm Reply with quote
The series went downhill in the 2nd half... it was tons of forced drama and went away from the fun club based stuff from the first half. The final episode went back to what made the show enjoyable in the first half but at that point it was too late.

rederoin wrote:
I really would have preferred it if the anime had followed the source material.

It would have made the series a lot more enjoyable.

This. I've only read a summary of what actually happened but it sounded far better than all the filler in the 2nd half. It just derailed the series.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:40 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:

Yes, but they're only relevant for about two episodes.

Indeed and those actually took me by surprise since one of them occurred out of nowhere so I wasn't expecting it.

As for the series itself, I found it to be only slightly above average. The first half caught my attention quite a bit but I didn't like the way Yura's character progressed. The way the finale ended also seemed a bit dull. (should of been an OVA imo as I felt episode 12 would of been a better conclusion).

I haven't read the original source material btw; kinda interested though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2