• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy Tail's English Cast Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:43 pm Reply with quote
From my understanding of FUNimation's blog post of this. The first 2 episodes of the dub are going to be released sometime before the actual product release and the 3rd dub will make it's world premiere in the New York event.

I believe Todd will pull of a great Natsu, I loved him as Death the Kid so I will be looking forward to his voicing as well as everyone else's.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Otaking09 wrote:
Quote:
Some hits and misses. Not really sold on Todd Haberkorn as Natsu, all of the voices I've heard him do (from FMA:B, DBZ:K, Soul Eater, Kenichi) are mostly dry and emotionless. I have a hard time believing he can keep up with Natsu's energy.

Aside from Death (...thought he played an OCD fairly well...), this is why I'm thankful for watching Druaga and Kero-Kero; completely sold for him playing a Luffy clone.
Take into account that Natsu's seiyu does have some roles playing moody, somewhat angst-y characters and all doubt should absolve.

Quote:
Best anime news I've heard all year....Cherami Leigh is a goddess!
She will kill Lucy, now I'm even more excited for Fairy Tail!

I second this.

I also look forward to Pittman; remember Eden of the East's dub? Perfect choice for Nakamura. Heck, better choice than Hiyama's take on Panty...

Oh yeah, nice, his Druaga role as Jil (otherwise Death was the first semi-similar role I've heard from him I think) does actually give some nice possibilities.

Off-topic, different Panty, but speaking of that, man I can't wait to see Panty and Stocking dubbed...that should be ridiculously fun.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:01 pm Reply with quote
1945113 wrote:
From my understanding of FUNimation's blog post of this. The first 2 episodes of the dub are going to be released sometime before the actual product release and the 3rd dub will make it's world premiere in the New York event.

I believe Todd will pull of a great Natsu, I loved him as Death the Kid so I will be looking forward to his voicing as well as everyone else's.

yeah we'll prolly see the first 2 dub episodes either in august or september. as for todd as natsu someone said that he posted on twitter that the voice he is using is not his normal voice and is pretty rough on his throat but that he is having a blast with recording. so should be interesting to hear this voice.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:34 am Reply with quote
Oh dear.
Some very poor, typical FUNi choices for this cast.
I wish they would not use the same bloody VA's over and over, especially for main leads.
Todd pretty much fell flat on his face doing Allen in D.Gray-man, a rather reserved, timid character. He should have nailed that, but he gives the same performance every time. He has no range.
How on earth he's going to play a hyper-active, energy driven character like Natsu is beyond me.

I'm sorry to say it but this seems like another rushed FUNi dub.
They must be expecting this to do well for them, but instead they should have taken their time.
Same thing happened with D.Gray-man.
Expected it to do well, but rushed it out the door.
Dub was very poor. Poor performances and very poorly cast.
The signs are showing the same for this, but I'm going to try and stop being negative and leave my final verdict until we see a couple of dubbed eps.
TopGunman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:49 am Reply with quote
I trust FUNimation 1000%

It will definitely be a good dub...unless obsessed anime fanboy weaboos throw a fit like they always do.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:29 am Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
As for todd as natsu someone said that he posted on twitter that the voice he is using is not his normal voice and is pretty rough on his throat but that he is having a blast with recording. So should be interesting to hear this voice.

So his throat's all "fired up?" I imagine he had gone as deep with his voice as say Joseph from Blassreitter and as aggressive as what's his name, Haruo Niijima from Kenichi: Worlds Mightiest Disciple.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:34 am Reply with quote
vulcanraven01 wrote:
Oh dear.
I wish they would not use the same bloody VA's over and over, especially for main leads.
Todd pretty much fell flat on his face doing Allen in D.Gray-man, a rather reserved, timid character. He should have nailed that, but he gives the same performance every time. He has no range.
How on earth he's going to play a hyper-active, energy driven character like Natsu is beyond me.

They must be expecting this to do well for them, but instead they should have taken their time.
The signs are showing the same for this, but I'm going to try and stop being negative and leave my final verdict until we see a couple of dubbed eps.

yea, I think people should wait for a trailer or dubbed eps to get their judgment. And I think it's a typical cast because of what I keep hearing from people "If you have talent, then use it"
Todd did bad as Allen (and Kero) but those are only 2 anime...look at his Baccano! and his BLASSREITER (not sure if spell that right) he was good in those right =)?
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:26 am Reply with quote
Hypeathon wrote:
everydaygamer wrote:
As for todd as natsu someone said that he posted on twitter that the voice he is using is not his normal voice and is pretty rough on his throat but that he is having a blast with recording. So should be interesting to hear this voice.

So his throat's all "fired up?" I imagine he had gone as deep with his voice as say Joseph from Blassreitter and as aggressive as what's his name, Haruo Niijima from Kenichi: Worlds Mightiest Disciple.

well i gotta think its the fact that natsu yells alot is the reason its rough on his throat lol.
daichi383

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:59 pm Reply with quote
vulcanraven01 wrote:
Oh dear.

Although i agree that the d.gray man dub wasnt as good as it could've been i still think todd is gonna do well. check out 00:58 of this clip for verification http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nov-8hNPIUE
IxvSakuravXI

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:35 am Reply with quote
daichi383 wrote:
vulcanraven01 wrote:
Oh dear.

Although i agree that the d.gray man dub wasnt as good as it could've been i still think todd is gonna do well. check out 00:58 of this clip for verification http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nov-8hNPIUE

haha i was just about to put that link up! Very Happy i thought his voice sounded pretty good there as well. im honestly really looking forward to the dub. nicely casted.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:23 pm Reply with quote
daichi383 wrote:
vulcanraven01 wrote:
Oh dear.

Are you kidding me? Todd Haberkorn's Ling voice would be horrible for Natsu. As I recall it is pretty bad for Ling too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2