• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
R.O.D. pencil boards

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Count

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, I'm not sure how many there actually are. While digging through my drawer of anime crap I found mine, two of the six I have are of the Maggie one you are looking for, but the reverse side of both are different from one another. I don't have any real attachment to them, but I also hate to ship things out.
Vracer111

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:03 pm Reply with quote
I had 6 boards when I pieced together my set with used individual volumes off Amazon. Didn't like the show compared to the OVA so I sold it off. These were what the boards looked like:

Side 1

Side 2

I don't remember if all the numbers for the boards were sequential or if there was a gap in the numbering that would maybe indicate 7 boards, but there were 7 leaflets:

OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Bright_Spear wrote:
OldCharlieStoletheHandle wrote:
This thread got me curious so I checked my discs as I knew I did not get all 7 and I left the ones I got in the amarays. Turns out I'm missing the pencil boards from volumes 1 and 4. I also noticed that they all have "not for sale" in red letters on both sides.

Willing to part with the one I need? Very Happy

Sorry, but no. I don't know if I'm ambitious enough to try to get the ones I'm missing but I want to keep the ones I have. I intend to get some kind of binder together so I can display them but have been too lazy. I keep them in the amarays so they don't get lost.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:24 pm Reply with quote
I was curious, so I took a look at my ROD TV box. Vols 4-7 that I got came with a pencil board. 2 & 3 did not. For vol. 1, I got the book version, which I can't easily check now, so I don't know if I got a board with that one.
I ended up checking them in reverse order (7, then 6 etc) and since I know how hit or miss those could be I thought I might have lucked out and gotten all of them Sad Shouldn't have gotten my hopes up :p
Touma

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:50 am Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
I do have one that shows a tall skinny dark haired girl on one side. The number is 12171. If it is Maggie, the hair clothes and facial expression are not characteristic. I haven't watched the entire series so I don't know who else she might be. She is in a locker room has a purple top and white panties with pants or a skirt around her knees.

That is Nancy.
She is not introduced until the second half of the series, if I am remembering correctly.

The Count wrote:
two of the six I have are of the Maggie one you are looking for, but the reverse side of both are different from one another.

Has anybody else had this happen?
I am wondering if it is a printing error or if there are two versions of some of the pencil boards.
In the pictures that Vracer111 posted I have five of the six. I do not have the first one.
The five that I have are the same on both sides as those in the pictures.
The one that I have that he does not is the one with Nancy on it.

Also, has anybody else noticed that there are two different sizes?
The two that I have from volumes 5 and 6 are about 3 or 4 mm larger in both dimensions than the other four.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Touma wrote:

Also, has anybody else noticed that there are two different sizes?
The two that I have from volumes 5 and 6 are about 3 or 4 mm larger in both dimensions than the other four.

Yep. When I bought my six I thought it was strange and maybe they were bootlegs. Then I thought who in their right mind would make these then sell them for less then it probably cost to make, for an anime that's not really super popular anymore.
Akaname

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:28 pm Reply with quote
I have a set of seven you can have. I'm currently doing some spring cleaning and they're just going to get trashed if nobody wants them.
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:20 am Reply with quote
Thanks to The Count and Akaname, I don't have one, but two full sets. Very Happy I have to say that this is a great forum. If I would have posted this thread on any other forum I'd probably be told to piss off. But there is a lot of great people here. So thanks you guys.
The Count

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 4:35 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad to see it worked out for you, and it's nice to see a positive thread.
Akaname

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:03 am Reply with quote
The Count wrote:
I'm glad to see it worked out for you, and it's nice to see a positive thread.

Yep, because it's true that it's the small things in life make it worth living. I was once very glad to have those pencilboards, then they sat in my closet, alone and in the dark, for over three years. I'm happy to see that someone else is able to enjoy them now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2