• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Delays Multiple DVD, Blu-ray Releases

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:35 am Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:
still nothing on rosario and vampire?

Both sets are supposed to come out later this year. But with these delays, I can see them getting pushed back to 2012.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:21 am Reply with quote
BorgmanJayce wrote:
I don't get why people are complaining about delayed releases of their favorite anime?

People should be doing more things with their lives such as enjoying being alive or doing something decent with it rather than moaning about the likes of Sgt Frog or Spice and Wolf being delayed.

Wow, judgmental much? We could turn that ridiculous argument around and say you should be doing more with your life than criticizing people for making logical complaints. Just saying.
CG-LOVER

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:20 am Reply with quote
Grrrrr....Soul Eater, FMA, and Eden all delayed? Not cool!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:43 am Reply with quote
Darn, Spice and Wolf Season 2 delayed a bit, but I'll still pre-order it anyway (because of the coins). About 25 days delay is not going to make any difference to me anyway.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:34 am Reply with quote
Remember when those other companies started delaying a bunch of their stuff? Laughing
Scormio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:54 am Reply with quote
Oh no, stuff getting delayed a week or two...just means you'll get it around the original release date anyway instead of before. The only thing that affects me is the S&W II LE, but I can live for a few weeks without it. It'll give me time to rewatch season I beforehand.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:01 am Reply with quote
Better. Late. Than. Never.

Some of us are still waiting for Shana II, which hasn't seen any news since FUNimation announced the license.

Thus, these delays are nothing compared to that.
Twisted Evil

*whistles and kicks can leaving the discussion...
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:23 am Reply with quote
BorgmanJayce wrote:
I don't get why people are complaining about delayed releases of their favorite anime?

Maybe because we wait patiently for them to come out, and when there is a firm date.....it's changed even more back.

Also, this isn't really goodwill when you still have the piracy specter overhead. If the companies really want to nip the piracy in the butt, releases that span weeks or days, not months or YEARS, is a key factor.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:29 am Reply with quote
BorgmanJayce wrote:

Because anime fans want their product right away. While I don't like so much being pushed back since that screws up some payments I need to make towards my debt, it also means I can plan on saving some extra money towards my orders in case the orders get shipped early (which they usually do).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
redranger

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:38 am Reply with quote
Meh. Besides Yu Yu Hakusho, its all garbage anyway.
sanosuke32

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:04 am Reply with quote
Phew, Shin Chan dodged a bullet this time, don't want that getting delayed, it's hard to enough to wait as it is without caving in and watching the Hulu rips.

Brotherhood Part 5 is annoying, but as mentioned it's only one week. Still, it's been a while and I'm running out of the episodes I slowly built up and haven't watched yet waiting for this release to come out.
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:30 am Reply with quote
I haven't confirmed with Funi directly, but pretty sure they're spreading out their schedule of mostly-done stuff because it's really tough getting masters out of Japan right now, due to the worldwide HD-CAM tape shortage. Some studios now only have ONE SINGLE COPY of some shows, and are so freaked out about something happening to them that they won't even let them leave their offices, let alone the country.

This is affecting everyone outside Japan right now. Expect more delays for already-announced stuff, and an even longer wait for announced shows to show up on the schedule.
ValkyrieZeroZeroOne

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:37 am Reply with quote
BorgmanJayce wrote:

Were you born unable to comprehend things or did you take lessons? It's quite simple - people have preordered expecting a certain date for the item to be released, having waited a significant amount of time, and in some cases having already paid for the goods in question. People have a right to be annoyed at the bad customer service and failure to deliver that Funimation are showing.

BorgmanJayce wrote:
People should be doing more things with their lives such as enjoying being alive or doing something decent with it rather than moaning about the likes of Sgt Frog or Spice and Wolf being delayed.

Then why aren't you out doing those things instead of trolling around internet forums trying to anger people who are justifiabily angry even more?

[quote="BorgmanJayce"]Personally, I'm not bothered as I have plenty of anime to watch for the moment including fansubs (and I don't even want to get into an argument about the subject!)

Then why even mention them? You sir, with every statement, appear more and more to be a troll.

BorgmanJayce wrote:
At the end of the day, I'm just trying to be the "Voice of Reason" here and I hope that there are people here who agree with me...

You're failing miserably. People are justifiably annoyed at a lot of titles being delayed, in some cases not for the first time.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:47 am Reply with quote
[quote="ValkyrieZeroZeroOne"]
BorgmanJayce wrote:

Were you born unable to comprehend things or did you take lessons? It's quite simple - people have preordered expecting a certain date for the item to be released, having waited a significant amount of time, and in some cases having already paid for the goods in question. People have a right to be annoyed at the bad customer service and failure to deliver that Funimation are showing.

BorgmanJayce wrote:

Then why aren't you out doing those things instead of trolling around internet forums trying to anger people who are justifiabily angry even more?

BorgmanJayce wrote:
Personally, I'm not bothered as I have plenty of anime to watch for the moment including fansubs (and I don't even want to get into an argument about the subject!)

Then why even mention them? You sir, with every statement, appear more and more to be a troll.

BorgmanJayce wrote:
At the end of the day, I'm just trying to be the "Voice of Reason" here and I hope that there are people here who agree with me...

You're failing miserably. People are justifiably annoyed at a lot of titles being delayed, in some cases not for the first time.

VZZO:

Considering that there is a shortened of HD-CAM tapes and the licensing companies are having a hard type getting them, people should be more accepting of the delays.

EDIT:

Assuming that Funimation is having a hard time getting from the Japanese companies.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bravetailor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:30 am Reply with quote
BorgmanJayce wrote:

But what if they die before getting Spice and Wolf 2? They'll go to heaven (or hell--whatever floats your boat!) with the eternal regret of not purchasing Spice and Wolf 2!!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3