• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, July 28-August 3

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patrick.enfield.9

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:46 am Reply with quote
I am praying to jesus right now that we at least get part 4 animated as well, even if its rushed like the first anime that combined pb and bt .

But the best thing that could happen to the jojo franchise, is if some rich little spoiled bastard who loves jojo gives them the budget they need to animate...to animate everything. Everything !!! Muhahahahaha Part 7 is the best anyways. Steel Ball Run for ever !
Ulinox

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:21 am Reply with quote
Stardust Crusaders has no subs. There is no appeal to the worldwide audience outside of Japan to import these sets.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:19 am Reply with quote
Ulinox wrote:
Stardust Crusaders has no subs. There is no appeal to the worldwide audience outside of Japan to import these sets.

Import copies are not counted by Oricon. Not to mention how the import copies that make up the percantage of the total sales is very low.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Angel'sArcanum wrote:
Still it is just below Frozen on the charts which happens to have a sales phenomenon in Japan, so Jojo might as well be first, and heck, this is only week 1, so I'm sure things will shape up if they aren't already doing well (not sure of how to gauge sales).

The position means nothing, it's all about the number of discs sold. You have weeks where nothing sells well and numbers 2 and 3 are only a couple thousand each and the rest are in the hundreds, it's meaningless to how well they actually did. Something could be number 1 with only 3,500 copies sold, doesn't make it any kind of raving success. But I have a feeling we'll see Frozen on the list in a high position for a long time just due to some kind of sales half-life where just keeps pushing copies for years.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2