• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crazy Character Tournament: Final Battle

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoenheim

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:54 pm Reply with quote
A-1: Excel. I havn't seen much of Excel Saga, but I still got a feeling of Excel's crazy actingness. Which was pretty crazy.

A-2: Keroro. Fun character overall, he gets crazy inventions which get him into crazy situations, as well as being a frog alien thing. His alienness gives him some crazyness as well.

A-3: Dokuro-Chan. Havn't seen either, but the conan guy doesn't seem to crazy, and from what I've seen of Dokuro-Chan gifs/pictures etc., she seems pretty crazy. Hitting people with the club and such.

A-4: Bacchi-Gu. I havn't seen either series, but the other posts are convincing me this is the better choice.

A-5: God. Vash is crazy, but smart. God was just overall crazy, as well as a pretty fun, and funny character. His fight scenes were pretty crazy.

A-6: Nabeshin. For being from Excel Saga, Excel Saga being crazy.

A-7: Onizuka. Again, Onizuka is crazy in a fun way. But crazy none-the-less. He does over the top things that make you like him.

A-8: Tomo. I'm not a big Azumanga fan, but Tomo was the main person who made me laugh. Funniest, for being what got her into the contest- crazy.

A-9: Kanoji. I'm not too into Bleach anymore, but I loved Kanoji. His engrish in that voice was hilarious.

A-10: Mariya Mikado. Again, havnt seen either series, but people seem to be voting for Rin just for liking her, so I'll vote for the apparantly more crazy one.

A-11: Renge. Renge wasnt that crazy, but I like her character, and havn't seen the other anime.

A-12: Yukari. One of the other funnier Azumanga characters in my opinion.

A-13: Shinnosuke Nohara. The kid who knows way more than he should.

A-14: Hikaru Amano. For having those cool glasses.

A-15: Mr. Aki. Agan, judging by the picture. The picture says it all.

A-16: Freddie. Only seen the teeniest bit of Cromartie High School, but I liked it. Pretty crazy characters overall.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I was the first to see this thread get put up (besides PantsGoblin of course), but I guess I'm pretty late in replying.

A-1: I really like Hachi, and his Valentines blues are a bit crazy and out of it, but he ended up having to face the queen of insanity, Excel, in the first bracket of the very first round, and his craziness doesn't even come close, unfortunately.

A-2: I really don't know much about Ryuichi, but I'd go with a crazy talking frog like Keroro that runs around plotting world domination.

A-3: Mouri Kogoro is really paranoid, jumpy, and out of it at times, but you can't go wrong with a crazy bat swinging angel from the future, Dokuro-chan.

A-4: Haven't seen either series, but based on the picture, Hanagata. He just seems like the type to randomly waltz and and then do a bunch of other crazy and random things.

A-5: I haven't seen Mind Game, but I can already tell that God from Mind Game is pretty nuts. Vash isn't crazy, he's just pacifist to the extreme.

A-6: Nabeshin from Excel Saga, simply because, you know, it's Excel Saga. Also, I haven't seen Ichigo Mashimaro, Miu looks like the type that will get angry easily, but not really crazy.

A-7: Onizuka Eikichi. He'll do anything from hanging his students off of bridges to going to school in animal costumes. Plus, judging from the picture alone, his opponent Kanaria doesn't seem crazy at all.

A-8: The hardest one by far, but I'll have to go with Kuhonbutsu Taishi. Tomo-chan is kind of crazy, but more in a hyperactive "loose cannon" type of way. Taishi does really odd things, exaggerates everything, and always appears randomly and without warning.

A-9: Don Kanonji. I like Genzo, and he does do stupid and borderline crazy things sometimes, but Don Kanonji is just really weird...and cray too.

A-10: Sawamura Rin does somewhat crazy things sometimes, but other times is a very rational person. Mariya Mikado does crazy things too, but is also other times a very rational person. But I thought Mariya's spoiler[dressing someone up as a girl] was slightly crazier, so I'll go with her. A pretty hard one.

A-11: Renge. Saki went off her rocker like...twice, but other times, is just your average person (voiced by Satsuki Yukino Smile ). Renge is crazy...most of the time, and comes up with all these loony ideas for the host club. Not to mention, she's one of those characters who just appear randomly out of nowhere.

A-12: Icchan. Yukari is pretty crazy, but eh, ~wiggly wiggly Icchan~. Plus, he appears out of nowhere randomly, and Yukari doesn't.

A-13: Karasuma is crazy in a not-so-crazy way, but judging from the picture, it's definitely Shinnosuke.

A-14: Haven't watched either series, but judging by the pictures, Hikaru Amano.

A-15: Aki-nee. Pretty self-explanatory, as (s)he is not only an okama which by itself is portrayed funnily (is that even a word?) in anime, but does some really, really random things throughout Abenobashi.

A-16: Chichiri. I haven't seen either series, but Chichiri actually looks somewhat crazy, and Freddie only seems to be crazy because of the costume he's wearing.
akitainu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:21 pm Reply with quote
OK:

A1: Excel-For all the craziness, the tip was the Sailor Moon parody (of course by Mitsuishi Kotono)
A2-Keroro-Gundam lovin' alien frog? Yes, oh yes.
A3-Dokuro-chan-spiked bats ARE love.
A4-Hanagata-I love lord fancy pants.
A5-Vash-by default.
A6-Miu-oddly enough...my wife's idol.
A7-Onizuka-I related with him a little too much.
A8-Tomo Takino-bold...bold and spicy.
A9-Don Kanonji-default, havn't see either.
A10-Rin Sawamura-evil older sisters rule!
A11-Saki Kasukabe -Her loathing of otaku actually makes sound, sound sense.
A12-Yukari-sensei-adult Tomo, but with pepper flakes.
A13-Ooji Karasuma-Kappa suit...nothing else needed.
A14-Hikaru Amano-coin flip. I like otaku-megane-mecha pilots as much as violent magic girls.
A15-Misako Kurata-mini-cars, missed deadlines and outlandish rodent-based hair styles will always win.
A16-Chichiri-default. I've never seen Cromartie. Although Freddie Mercury ruled!
Noggy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:53 pm Reply with quote
A-1: Excel from Excel Saga - She's pretty much the walking definition of crazy. I don't think it's much of a stretch to say she'll be tough to take down in this tourney. I haven't seen Happiness, so no comment on him.

A-2: Ryuichi Sakuma from Gravitation - From the little I watched of the series, he was easily my favorite part. Looking at that photo, he gets even more odd as the series goes on. I haven't seen Keroro Gunso.

A-3: Dokuro-chan from Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan - Ah, finally two characters from shows I've seen. While I really did like the father from Cased Closed, Dokuro-chan is a short-tempered, homicidal angel and that's tough to beat.

A-4: Bacchi-Gu from Green Green - ...and now two characters from shows I haven't see. I give Bacchi-Gu the nod because if it's a fat guy in an anime, he has to be wacky, right?

A-5 Vash the Stampede from Trigun - He's on of my favorite characters in general, but I don't love Vash just because he'd a nut job, but let's face it he IS more than a bit off. I haven't seen Mind Game, but I doubt somebody named God with THOSE looks is all there either.

A-6 Nabeshin from Excel Saga - Nabeshin and Pedro were easily my favorite parts of Excel Saga. A visual cross between Lupin and Spike randomly showing up throughout the series. And he's the director of the series? Pure WTFness. I haven't seen Strawberry Marshmallow.

A-7 Eikichi Onizuka from Great Teacher Onizuka - Onizuka, simply put, oozes with awesome, but there is more than enough crazyness somewhere in his blood. I haven't seen Rozen Maiden Träumend, but I HIGHLY doubt Kanaria would get the vote over my favorite character from my favorite series.

A-8 Taishi Kuhonbutsu from Comic Party - This is the first one that really made me think. Tomo's a nutjob, but she's not even the biggest nutjob in her own series. On the other hand, Taishi was the highlight of his series for me because of his craziness, although it's not like the other characters were exactly sane.

A-9 Genzou Soga from Tenshi na Konamaiki - I haven't gotten far enough in Bleach to see what Don is really all about, but Tenshi na Konamaiki is a personal favorite and Genzou was the biggest reason why. Sure, the delinquent who's a soft hearted moron may be a bit of a stereotype, but Genzou's good stuff.

A-10 Rin Sawamura from Midori Days - Two more characters from shows I haven't seen (I've been saying that too much, I guess I need to watch more), but she looks like she's the psycho teacher character, and that's always good for a laugh. Mariya looks like she's actually sane.

A-11 Renge-kun from Ouran High School Host Club - A french otaku at a Japanese school who randomly shows up and disappears just as quickly? Sign me up. As soon as I saw/heard the high power motor I started cracking up before she even did anything. Genshiken is one of the next series I plan on watching, which does me absolutely no good for this tournament.

A-12 Yukari Tanizaki from Azumanga Daioh - I haven't seen Angelic Layer and I don't think it matters. Yukari-mobile for the win.

A-13 Shinnosuke Nohara from Crayon Shin-chan - I would have had to thought harder if this was somebody else from School Rumble, but I never particularly cared for Karasuma after watching both seasons. From what I saw of Crayon Shin-chan on [as], that show just.... isn't right.

A-14 Tanaka Punie from Dai Mahou Touge - I haven't seen either series, but if this Punie girl wants to take over the world like the plot summary says, then she's all right in my book.

A-15 Misako Kurata from Kodocha - I've only read the manga, which to my understand is MUCH more serious than the anime, but Sana's mother is just strange. A successful writer who's had a squirell living on her head for YEARS. It's no wonder Sana isn't normal. Mr. Aki more so scared me.

A-16 Freddie from Cromartie High School - Knowing Onizuka has appeared already, I'm voting for Freddie without even looking at his opponent. He's one of the best characters around and he doesn't even have a single line in the entire series. A man amongst man, he rides a wild horse to school, and c'mon, Freddie f'n Mercury in anime form!
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:42 am Reply with quote
At this point, I'm not going to read everybody's post, just too many words!

Here I go:
A-1: Excel, she's crazy enough that she keeps going back to Lord Ilpallazzo everytime he kills her or something along those lines
A-2: Keroro, this one was kind of picture based, but I've been wanting to see this one, and like someone said, he's a frog
A-3: Dokuro-chan, I was going to go for Kogoro, but then I saw this picture and it garnered my vote Shocked I'd like to see her in action Twisted Evil
A-4: Hanagata, based on his performance from SMJ, glad I saw it. He's crazy enough to think he can get some one on one time with what's his name.
A-5: Vash, hate to say that I picked this character based on my hearing of him but not seeing the anime, but the soundtrack makes it crazy enough, he's got my vote
A-6: Nabeshin, hehehehe, I think that had he not had the afro, I wouldn't have liked him so much
A-7: GTO, this guy is sometimes a real perv, but a good guy at heart, still crazy to try and think he can teach at all, but
A-8: Tomo Takino, hard decision, had to go with the picture on this one, sorry
A-9: Don Kanonji, picture based, but the sunglasses and the hat convinced me to go with this guy
A-10: Mariya Mikado, I've really got to watch more anime series or else I'm going to have a difficult time voting
A-11: Saki Kasukabe, crazy enough to date a guy that plays hentai games all the time and works for a company that makes them
A-12: Icchan, always popping up from somewhere, and then disappearing, but always a big help to the heroin
A-13: Shinnosuke, nobody stands up to this kid, ASS DANCE!! Other than he can really bad mouth Misae and get away with it 75% of the time
A-14: Tanaka Punie, another picture based character, but have to live with it
A-15: Mr. Aki, okay, this one with the makeup just killed the competition, Okama0-san gets my vote!
A-16: Freddie, WEEEEEE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, MY FRIEEEEENNNNNDS!!
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:42 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the sticky... hopefully people will notice it though... I never seem to look at stickies since they're usually the same. It took me a few seconds to figure out it was stickied.

Wolverine Princess wrote:
But what's up with that picture you chose for him? It does not capture his craziness in the slightest! I asked him about it personally, and he would rather be represented by this image:

[img]

I tried to refrain from posting any offensive or obscene pictures (although, I guess the dokuro-chan GIF is possibly a little too violent, but it didn't show anything...).

Animefreak6969 wrote:
A-4: Bacchi-Gu- I only chose her because i don't remember musch from Saber Marionette J

Please tell me you meant to say "him". I mean, I already knew Green Green was a f*cked up show, but that looks like a guy. If that's a girl, well, the show is even worse than I thought it was...

Cloe wrote:
Plus it's the only anime character I know who's voiced by over 20 people.

20 people voicing one character? What the... Are not all of the people known though? It's not in the Encyclopedia...
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:02 am Reply with quote
Group A-1: Excel - As much as I hate her, it's hard to beat someone who dedicates her life to a guy that spends the entire show trying to kill her without any redeeming qualities other than the fact that he isn't as crazy as her.

Group A-2: Keroro - The animal? Or the anime wannabe? Obviously the animal wins.

Group A-3: Dokuro-chan - It's hard to beat an angel who is so 'dependant' on her halo. (and I've never seen the other one...)

Group A-4: Hanagata - I've seen him in a number of AMVs, wow... what a fruit. Does he ever not wear spandex?

Group A-5: God - I haven't seen it, but I don't think Vash is crazy.

Group A-6: Nabeshin - NABE... NABE... HA~...

Group A-7: Onizuka - I refuse to give an example here the choice is so obvious.

Group A-8: Tomo - I don't even need to see the other show, it's Tomo we're talking about.

Group A-9: Don - What kind of bizarre person seriously tries to fight spirits with powers as weak as his

Group A-10: Mariya - never seen it, but she looks more fun than Rin, who I thought was a terrible character.

Group A-11: Renge - for having all the money and power one can imagine, and still choosing to be an otaku (and not just barely one at that!)

Group A-12: Yukari - No brainer, if not for her own antics, but for their reactions on others (think 'beachhouse')

Group A-13: Shinnosuke - for no reason other than I've heard so much about the show

Group A-14: Hikaru - I was going to vote for Tanaka because I've seen some of that show, and she deserves to make it past the first round... and then I clicked on Hikaru's pic.

Group A-15: Misako - An okama will not get my vote, and besides, everyone likes wearing animals as hats!

Group A-16: Freddie - ... He's wearing a furry suit, and he's not a kid, nor does he appear insane, case closed.

Thanks for getting this up and going! Cool Been wanting to see how this goes for a while since I came in late into the Moe contest.

EDIT: changed my vote from Saki to Renge in A-11

Last edited by selenta on Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cloe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:02 am Reply with quote
mjgeo wrote:
But he beats God since I have no freaken idea what God is... an ant? Mind you, if I saw a person in real life with a propellor hat I'd think they were crazy.

God is many things.

(Sorry about the low image quality; they were images scanned from my Mind Game OST CD booklet, and were originally smaller than a square cm. If my computer played R2 DVDs, I could get some nice screenshots.)

PantsGoblin wrote:
20 people voicing one character? What the... Are not all of the people known though? It's not in the Encyclopedia...

Weird, now that you mention it, there's no voice listed for God in the Encyclopedia cast at all! Well, each incarnation of God had a different voice; the person who said "It's too late for counseling, though" was definitely different from the person who said "Wanna see my boobs?"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:33 am Reply with quote
Ah, tournament time on ANN once again Anime smile Thanks go out to PantsGoblin, frentymon, and whoever else does any organizing or pic-finding

Group A-1:

Excel from Excel Saga
Hachisuke (Hachi) Takamizo (on the right) from Happiness!
I don't know who Hachi is, but it'd be hard for her to beat someone with no sense of decency, restraint, or reality. But that's exactly why I like Excel so much Smile

Group A-2:

Ryuichi Sakuma from Gravitation
Keroro from Keroro Gunso

Anyone who maintains contact with that Shuuichi character has to have some insanity by default.

Group A-3:

Kogoro Mouri from Case Closed (aka. Detective Conan)
Dokuro-chan from Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan I haven't seen much of Case Closed, but considering that Dokuro does random things like clubbing people to death and turning them into sundry animals, I gotta vote for her.

Group A-4:

Hanagata from Saber Marionette J
Bacchi-Gu from Green Green
Haven't seen either show, but from what I understand from reviews and other posts, many of the guys in Green Green have some sort of disturbing fetish that induces a "where did they think that up?" reaction from me

Group A-5:

Vash the Stampede from Trigun
God from Mind Game
Haven't seen Mind Game, but I don't believe that Vash is truly crazy (he acts weird much of the time, but when things get touch and the BGM "Hash Hash" plays, he gets serious. Plus, considering episode 17, he has some reasons for acting the way he does.

Group A-6:

Nabeshin from Excel Saga
Miu Matsuoka from Strawberry Marshmallow
I might watch some SM (wow does that sound kinky Surprised) later and change this, but since I know Nabeshin's antics, I'll stick with him.

Group A-7:

Eikichi Onizuka from Great Teacher Onizuka
Kanaria of Rozen Maiden Träumend
I know a bit more of GTO than RM; I've seen Eikichi's antics in a couple of episodes, but most of what I know of RM is "Suiseiseki says 'desu' a lot."

Group A-8:

Tomo Takino from Azumanga Daioh
Taishi Kuhonbutsu from Comic Party
Tomo is pretty far out there, but I have to give my vote to the megalomaniac who wants to dominate the world via doujinshi, calls people by random English terms (MY BROTHER, AND MY SISTER!!), installs secret 'subliminable' machines in his friend's room, is obsessed with an idol...need I go on?

Group A-9:

Genzou Soga from Tenshi na Konamaiki
Don Kanonji from Bleach
Genzou looks competitive, but Kanonji's random Engrishisms and spiritual blunders give him the edge.

Group A-10:

Mariya Mikado from Otome wa Onee-sama ni Koi Shiteru
Rin Sawamura from Midori Days
Gotta go with the one I know here. She's certainly violent enough.

Group A-11:

Saki Kasukabe from Genshiken
Renge-kun from Ouran High School Host Club This one's an interesting matchup...Saki does have a few moments where she loses it, but that's because of external stimuli of artificial feline auditory organs. However, she tries to maintain her sanity amidst all the craziness of the otaku. Renge, otoh, is just as crazy or worse than all the boys of the Host Club, is an otaku, and can easily get carried away on delusions of how she thinks the world and the other characters should be. And who could forget the unforgettable high-powered motor? But why Renge-kun, and not Renge-chan? That's how I like to think of her...

Group A-12:

Yukari Tanizaki from Azumanga Daioh
Icchan from Angelic Layer
Both are strong competitors, but Icchan edges out Yukari-chan for his various acts of torture against Ogata, his slithery entrances and exits, and for maybe appearing like a child molester, though I don't think that's the case.

Group A-13:

Ooji Karasuma from School Rumble
Shinnosuke Nohara from Crayon Shin-chan
As much as I dislike CSc and don't want to advance it, Shin is definitely the character that I know to be crazy, as I haven't seen School Rumble.

Group A-14:

Hikaru Amano from Martian Successor Nadesico
Tanaka Punie from Dai Mahou Touge
Hikaru isn't all that crazy compared to Izumi, Yurika, and most of the Nadesico crew; plus, Past once showed me a magazine featuring DMT, and the concept of an evil magical girl looked pretty neat.

Group A-15:

Mr. Aki from Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi
Misako Kurata from Kodocha
Isn't it more of "Aki-nee"? Misako is pretty crazy (though eclipsed by her daugher), but Aki is just so wrong in so many wrong ways that I can't not vote for...him. *thinks of the car in episode 12* *shudder*

Group A-16:

Chichiri from Fushigi Yuugi
Freddie (on the right) from Cromartie High School
Chichiri has the famous "no da" speech affectation, and he acts pretty crazy much of the time, but certain episodes reveal the more serious side behind the mask. Plus, Cromartie characters are already more crazy than standard characters by default.
Duo Maxwell

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Here are my votes for this character battle:

Group A-1 Excel

If her day doesn't go her way, dinner is already planned; if you know what I mean. Heck, its been planned every night if she can't make even the littlest amount of money in a day's time.

Group A-2 Keroro

This little frog dude loves to build gundam models. I love to build gundam models. 'Nuff said.

Group A-3 Dokuro-chan

If a chick going around killing people with her club isn't crazy, I don't wanna be right.

Group A-4 Bacchi-Gu

I haven't seen either of these series, so I'll go with the fat dude who looks like an otaku.

Group A-5 Vash the Stampede

There was this gay little dance of his where he would be walking and snapping to his music while doing this funny thing with his lips. Ahh, you just gotta see it to believe it.

Group A-6 Nabeshin

Please, don't get to the chopper!!! At least, not when Nabeshin's around. He's a one-man army who gets it all from the 'fro.

Group A-7 Eikichi Onizuka

I haven't seen the series, but I can say ,at the least, that he's a great teacher. Not good, but great.

Group A-8 Taishi Kuhonbutso

People think I'm, 'crazy in the head' because I work on sifting through crowds and knowing how to do so. Well, its very much possible, and Taishi knows how to do so too. Look whos laughing know, people! HA HA, ha he, he he, hee ha ha ha....

Group A-9 Don Kanonji

This guys such a dumb buffoon. You can only laugh along with him for so long before you start laughing at him.

Group A-10 Mariya Mikado

I haven't seen any of these series, so go fig.

Group A-11 Saki Kasukabe

Again, I haven't seen either of these series, so the crazy broom swinging person gets my vote.

Group A-12 Yukari Tanazaki

She reminds me of another person named Yukari who happens to be crazy, so I'll go with my gut.

Group A-13 Sinnosuke Nohara

'ELEPHANT!! Oh, hey baby wassup?' This kid must be an adult disguised as a kid.

Group A-14 Takano Punie

That crazy head band of her's just freaks me out in a you-don't-wanna-know kinda way.

Group A-15 Misako Kurata

I have this thing for squirrels living on people's head.

Group A-16 Freddie

The only guy I know who can pull off the serious-guy-in-a-bear suit look.

On a side note, I would have to say the pictures are kinda biased if you're basing your vote on those alone. For example, Shin-chan's pic vs. Ooji's pic. I mean, c'mon.
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:20 pm Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
But what's up with that picture you chose for him? It does not capture his craziness in the slightest! I asked him about it personally, and he would rather be represented by this image:

[img]

I tried to refrain from posting any offensive or obscene pictures (although, I guess the dokuro-chan GIF is possibly a little too violent, but it didn't show anything...)

I guess I should change it to a link with a warning for people who might be offended by his hand gesture, then. On a side note, are we allowed to post Youtube links to opening theme sequences/AMVS for certain anime to give evidence of our favorite characters' craziness to people that might not have seen them? Dai Mahou Touge is relatively obscure, and I really want to post a link to the OP to support Punie's insanity. (If frolicking merrily through a field of destruction and burning houses isn't crazy, I don't know what is.)
Cloe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:37 pm Reply with quote
On a side note, are we allowed to post Youtube links to opening theme sequences/AMVS for certain anime to give evidence of our favorite characters' craziness to people that might not have seen them? Dai Mahou Touge is relatively obscure, and I really want to post a link to the OP to support Punie's insanity. (If frolicking merrily through a field of destruction and burning houses isn't crazy, I don't know what is.)

I thought about asking this as well, since there's a great clip from Mind Game on Youtube featuring God. But after thinking about it a bit I decided against it, since plenty of the other characters in the competition are decidedly obscure too. I don't want to seem like I'm shifting weights in favor of my favorites, and anyway ANN's view of Youtube is less than stellar. Also, it might get out of hand and lead to people linking to clips from licensed series, and nobody wants that. PantsGoblin encouraged people to research and watch anime to familiarize themselves with the lesser-known characters in the first post, so I'm sure they will turn to Youtube/fansubs on their own without us having to link to them in this thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Cloe wrote:

I thought about asking this as well, since there's a great clip from Mind Game on Youtube featuring God.

Just saw it. Man, that was just bizarre beyond words. God's definitely won over my loyalty for this tournament.
Samurai CDZ

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Too many posts to read and I want to go to bed, so I'll keep it short.

Group A-1:
Excel from Excel Saga
I haven't seen either.

Group A-2:
Keroro from Keroro Gunso
I have to go with the frog.

Group A-3:
Dokuro-chan from Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan
Akira Kamiya has a few other, more looney characters under his belt and Kogoro's really quite normal when you get down to it.

Group A-4:
Bacchi-Gu from Green Green
Haven't seen the other and Green Green is just all sorts of f'd up.

Group A-5:
Vash the Stampede from Trigun
Can't remember god and don't like 4C much.

Group A-6:
Miu Matsuoka from Strawberry Marshmallow
Maybe one of my favorite characters all-time. She's just so...unpredictable.

Group A-7:
Eikichi Onizuka from Great Teacher Onizuka
It's got to be the screwy sensei.

Group A-8:
Tomo Takino from Azumanga Daioh
Haven't seen the other and though I don't really like Tomo, I do love AzuDai.

Group A-9:
Don Kanonji from Bleach
Haven't seen much of Tenshi, but well, no.

Group A-10:
Rin Sawamura from Midori Days
Picking the one I've seen.

Group A-11:
Renge-kun from Ouran High School Host Club
Saki is N-O-R-M-A-L. Gotta love otaku vision.

Group A-12:
Yukari Tanizaki from Azumanga Daioh
Made in France...

Group A-13:
Shinnosuke Nohara from Crayon Shin-chan
Hand's down.

Group A-14:
Tanaka Punie from Dai Mahou Touge
Cut in the same mold as Dokuro, I wonder what would happen if...

Group A-15:
Mr. Aki from Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi
Haven't seen Kodacha.

Group A-16:
Freddie (on the right) from Cromartie High School
Can't image FY is funnier, but I haven't seen it anyway.
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Good grief. I have only seen all of 5 of the titles on the list, but I guess I’ll give it a go anyway. I’ll be relying on the pictures and the expert opinions of the others that have posted before me on many of these.

Group A-1:
Excel – I haven’t seen Happiness!, but I have a hard time, looking at the picture and the small amount of information in the encyclopedia, believing that this Hachi guy can do craziness at Excel’s level of expertise.

Group A-2:
Keroro – Alien frog guy with ambitions of world domination? Works for me.

Group A-3:
Dokuro-chan – Just the expression on her face in the picture while she is, umm, what the heck is she doing? Never mind, I don’t really want to know.

Group A-4:
Hanagata – Not much help from the peanut gallery on this one. It seems I’m not the only one who hasn’t seen these shows. I’ll go with Hanagata for his(?) sense of “style”.

Group A-5:
God – I have actually seen Trigun, but while he has his moments to be sure, Vash never struck me as really crazy. God, on the other hand, looks like something Dr. Seuss would have done if he had got up one day and decided to give LSD a spin. That picture looks like some sort of mutant caterpillar that’s been drinking lime Slushees and is wearing a beanie. Besides, won’t something bad happen to me if I go against GOD!?

Group A-6:
Nabeshin – I have to go with Nabeshin. Any guy that is packing heat as part of his hairstyle deserves serious consideration here as far as I am concerned.

Group A-7:
Eikichi Onizuka – On the strength of Wolverine Princess’ picture.

Group A-8:
Tomo Takino – A show I’ve actually seen! Tomo’s crazy antics are a big part of the fun of AzuDai.

Group A-9:
Don Kanonji – I’ve seem some of this series, but not this guy yet. Going off the pictures, though, he gets my vote.

Group A-10:
Rin Sawamura – Going off the pictures again for this one. I like the devilish look in her eye.

Group A-11:
Saki Kasukabe – Just her picture alone made me laugh.

Group A-12:
Yukari Tanizaki – Well! I have actually seen both of these shows. While Icchan has his punishments and his wiggliness, Yukari can actually inflict permanent psychological damage simply via her driving skills while remaining blissfully ignorant of the effect on others. You have to admire her complete self absorption.

Group A-13:
Shinnosuke Nohara – I’ve only seen a little of Shin-chan, but it’s enough for me to be comfortable with this vote.

Group A-14:
Hikaru Amano – I don’t see Hikaru as the totally crazy of some of the other names on the list, but she does have her moments and I’m completely unfamiliar with Tanaka Punie.

Group A-15:
Misako Kurata – Like several others, I’m sold by the squirrel.

Group A-16:
Freddie – That picture is too funny. I have to see this series!

Boy, not dl-ing anime seems to be a big handicap for something like this as I have seen none of the non licensed shows and only some of the licensed ones, but oh well, maybe I will have seen a few more of the titles in future rounds.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 64