• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Angels and Demons

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:43 pm Reply with quote
daichi383 wrote:
There are some amazing action sequences but besides that Bloody Fate is a bit of a bore imho. Having played the game, the few truly awesome action beats don't make up for the thoroughly pedestrian way they go about adapting the games story. Its really not as fun an experience when you're not doing crazy fast and complex combos all the time and just have to watch some not as crazy or complex but mostly good action scenes sprinkled in between boring dialogue scenes with weird CG backgrounds. Its doesnt really live up to the Bayonetta name for me. Needed more comedy and over the top style. Honestly i had the same issues with Kizaki's X-Men show. Was a tad overly dramatic with a less than engaging plot with less of a sense of fun than he managed with Afro Samurai.

Yeah, that's usually the case when they do a game adaptation. I've seen the game and action and really enjoyed the whole package. But of the reviews I found some were positive but others were complaining about animation bits that were a bit lazy. So it's a bit hit or miss. If there is at least one anime adaptation of a franchise that worked that deserves a list of it's own. But I'm hoping to get a rental at some point. If it tuns out worth a purchase I'll pick it up. Surprised
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:09 am Reply with quote
fuuma_monou wrote:
Still haven't played any of the Bayonetta games, but I'm willing to blind-buy Bloody Fate just because Hellena Taylor is doing her voice.

Of course that's a given. they didn't make the mistake that ADV did when they licensed the TV series for Devil May Cry by using their VA instead of using the VA from the video games.

Though i am more surprised that Hellsing 9 & 10 got the rental. i could get battle of the gods, since the DBZ line have been stretched very thin,but there is no question that the OVAs should have been shelf worthy easily. sure they had to be extremely faithful to the manga version an all , but its the reason why the OVAs are popular. and more importantly the New Generation Pictures characters remained for the last two volumes. most times their would have been a cast change considering how long of a hiatus was between vol 8 and the last two.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2