• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Kamisama Kiss 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:21 am Reply with quote
Ep 8 Review wrote:
Rating: A

And to top it off, Nanami is pretty cute disguised as a guy.

I had thought we had graduated from the stage where Nanami gets to pretend that Tomoe is a pervy molester. Of course he teases her a lot first so I suppose he deserves it.

Then again, using her power to force Tomoe to be Kuruma's familiar is, to my mind, a bit more abusive than is called for.

They could have made more of the wrong-futon scene by letting Nanami fall asleep after she discovered the mistake but whatever.

Great stuff any way you look at it.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:37 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Then again, using her power to force Tomoe to be Kuruma's familiar is, to my mind, a bit more abusive than is called for.

I thought that was just a consequence of giving him her god-powers. But either way, I think it was kind of necessary if the ruse was to pass muster. And I think Kuruma was surprised that it actually worked, and hadn't really intended to go that far, although I also doubt he felt any remorse for it. Smile
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:21 am Reply with quote
Tomoe's crack about Nanami's small bust size threw a wrench into an otherwise entertaining episode. Small chest jokes are right up there with jokes that revolve around characters bumping into one another, falling down and winding up in *hilariously* suggestive positions.
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Is it safe to assume that this arc's climax will involve Botanmaru taking flight?
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:54 pm Reply with quote
JaggedAuthor wrote:
Is it safe to assume that this arc's climax will involve Botanmaru taking flight?

They might show that post-arc sometime. He is still pretty small and his wings are small, and the point to the arc anyway is to refute Jiro's "nothing matters but strength" doctrine anyway.

But it has always been pretty obvious that he would develop. It was just a matter of how much assholery he would experience before that and what part Nanami would play in overcoming it. He's actually a pretty spunky kid with his heart in the right place and Jiro is dead wrong to denigrate him the way he does.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:06 pm Reply with quote
I would have lots to say to the reviewer!

enough said
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Then why don't you say it? "Enough said" isn't.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Ep 10 review wrote:
Episode 10 is a rushed, if adequate, end to the Mount Kurama arc.

Personally I was getting bored with this arc. The only thing that really saved it for me is that Nanami was actually successful at resolving something her ownself rather than waiting for Tomoe to rescue her. Amy is right at seeing Jiro as a rather uninspired/uninspiring character.

That said I didn't mind Tomoe diving in to save her this time. He's a good guy to have on her side and she really ought to express more appreciation. And if you have such great gun you ought to fire it off once in a while.

I also thought that he held his own jealousy pretty well in check. Yeah, Mizuki was right to tell him not to sit on his feelings too long because she is a short lived human, but Tomoe is possibly right to be reticent about this. Nanami's god-power over him aside, I could well understand why he wouldn't want to get too much involved with her even though he already is.

Which brings up a question I had -- if Nanami really has become a land god why is everyone assuming she will still age as a human? I don't recall anyone with authority declaring that one way or another. Did I miss that?

Next week: Nanami as a tot? Jeez wasn't she cute enough already? I don't think that arc is in the manga so let's see what they do with it.
Plamenka Isaeva

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:11 am Reply with quote
[quote="HaruhiToy"]
Ep 10 review wrote:

Next week: Nanami as a tot? Jeez wasn't she cute enough already? I don't think that arc is in the manga so let's see what they do with it.

This is in the manga it is in 61-63 chapters
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I'm not crazy about how the vast majority of shows are now one-cour. While this has led to a much greater volume of series, it's also ensured that many of them lack proper conclusions.
KidaYuki

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:48 pm Reply with quote
I personally really hated the conclusion of season 1. The anime only ending was put there to be the ending of the anime and as a fan of the manga I was so mad and so convinced that it would never get another season. I am personally glad that they will probably leave much more of an open ending this time. While there's no guarantee that it will ever be picked back up once again that last anime ending made me really mad and I didn't want the content twisted in that way >.....>

so here's one fan not upset by the open ending
WashuTakahashi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:40 am Reply with quote
KidaYuki wrote:
I personally really hated the conclusion of season 1. The anime only ending was put there to be the ending of the anime and as a fan of the manga I was so mad and so convinced that it would never get another season. I am personally glad that they will probably leave much more of an open ending this time. While there's no guarantee that it will ever be picked back up once again that last anime ending made me really mad and I didn't want the content twisted in that way >.....>

so here's one fan not upset by the open ending

Seconding this opinion! I had been praying for a season 2, and I'm so happy we got it. A lot of the events in season 1 lead to the climax that hasn't even occurred yet, so it'd be a shame if it ended after one season. And on the same note, I'm really glad to see the open ending for season 2, since that's a greater chance for season 3. If they skip some of the less important arcs coming up (Like the Himemiko arc, which was good, but can be left out or sped up) and get straight to the time traveling, season 3 will be EXCELLENT. That arc completely surpasses the rest of the manga by a long shot.
amcnulty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:23 am Reply with quote
Thanks for watching and reading along, everyone! I think we can all at least agree a third season would be great! Very Happy
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:49 am Reply with quote
Ep 12 Review wrote:
This week's episode bears no resemblance to the finale the series seemed to be building up to with the Akura-oh storyline
Having been prompted to look, the anime episodes are following the manga so closely you could mistake some of the manga panels for key animation. It seems pretty clear that the anime production team made that decision -- to follow the manga storyline and end-of-season-bang be damned. Personally I think that was the right thing to do because if they do another season I will watch it and it won't make any difference where the season ended.
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:09 pm Reply with quote
The chances for season 3 are pretty low with it only selling 1,241 units at first volume
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3