• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Announces Hyperdimension Neptunia Dub Cast

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macattack

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Mike McFarland directing this dub is a pleasant surprise. It likely means the dub is going to sound fantastic, possibly superior to the games, in the final product. No offense to those who work at Bang Zoom but McFarland is up there with Mary Elizabeth McGlynn and Andrea Romano as one of the best voice directors in the country IMO.

As what's been mentioned, likely they flew McFarland out to LA and rented a studio to record the LA cast, and then when McFarland flew back he recorded the remainder when he was able. Quite an undertaking and FUNimation and McFarland should be commended for the extra effort to please fans of the game series by bringing back as much of the dub cast as possible.

Also, frankly, it's nice that when McFarland cast the TX side he went for VAs who aren't quite as seasoned (besides Tia Ballard). Being in Neptunia will be quite the career boost for them!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:59 pm Reply with quote
macattack wrote:
Mike McFarland directing this dub is a pleasant surprise. It likely means the dub is going to sound fantastic, possibly superior to the games, in the final product. No offense to those who work at Bang Zoom but McFarland is up there with Mary Elizabeth McGlynn and Andrea Romano as one of the best voice directors in the country IMO.

As what's been mentioned, likely they flew McFarland out to LA and rented a studio to record the LA cast, and then when McFarland flew back he recorded the remainder when he was able. Quite an undertaking and FUNimation and McFarland should be commended for the extra effort to please fans of the game series by bringing back as much of the dub cast as possible.

Also, frankly, it's nice that when McFarland cast the TX side he went for VAs who aren't quite as seasoned (besides Tia Ballard). Being in Neptunia will be quite the career boost for them!

Being in any anime could be a career boost for them or might not be.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:35 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad they got back most of the cast from the games. I wouldn't want Nep to sound different in English since her dub voice is perfect.

Though I'm a little sad about Iffy having a new voice.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2