• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Streams Natsume 3, Yuruyuri, Kamisama Dolls

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xagor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:46 pm Reply with quote
So is Natsume going to be US only like the first 2 seasons, or will we be able to see it in the UK too?
agila61

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Xagor wrote:
So is Natsume going to be US only like the first 2 seasons, or will we be able to see it in the UK too?
So far its "tune in Monday and find out" ~ no site news announcement yet, so no region listing.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Xagor wrote:

I was able to watch the entire first two seasons even though I live in Canada so it's not just US only though I'm uncertain if it is available in other countries beyond USA and Canada.
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:03 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
I hope they get that titty fighter anime, uncensored.

Wasn't it that one anime where the trailer was removed by youtube for being too graphic and where the TV station refused the first episode because of that too until they made changes to it?

If so I'll still watch it I don't care if its uncensored or not as long as the story isn't affected.

As for me woot for Natsume Yuujinchou. I knew they would get it and I was hoping Crunchyroll would get that Prince-sama one cause after a week you have to pay to watch it on NicoNico. I should be glad its even available for free even if it is for a short time and legal, but meh....
configspace

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:07 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

They might get it. but it will probably be a censored version. I think all of CR titles like this are censored in some way, no?

The CR ones that are not simulcasts are uncensored like Kanokon, Queen's Blade, Kemeko DX, etc Manyuu Hiken chou may air uncensored on ATX since they are also showing it a week later after other stations
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Natsume Yuujinchou San!!! ONE MORE DAYYYYYYYYY!!! Gonna stay up and watch it real-time.

Would be nice if the series got not only a North American DVD release, but also a BD one too since the BD box just came out a couple weeks ago. Totally bought it, but I love this series so much that I wouldn't hesitate to re-buy.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:55 am Reply with quote
I wish ANN had listed the dates and times announced by Crunchyroll, so that I could confirm if the live blog on CR transcribed something wrong, or it was stated incorrectly in the announcement.

Here is the problem (text from the live blog):

11:00:34 <bay> and we'll announce 3 today
11:00:38 <bay> and the rest will be next week
11:01:12 <bay> kamisama dolls
11:00:48 <bay> sundays 5:30pm starts 7/3

The problem is that the premiere date in Japan is Wednesday, July 6 at 1:30 AM (9:30 AM PDT Tuesday, July 05, 2011).
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:57 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

Manyuu Hikenchou appears to be handled by Kadokawa, which means odds are very high Crunchyroll will be getting it.

Odds are very low that Crunchyroll will be getting the uncensored version, however, as for simulcasts they always get the broadcast version.

Of course! They can't pre-empt the uncensored home video release. Next thing ya know, N. Americans will be asking for more than a simulcast - a pre-empt-cast! Laughing
mckg1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:46 am Reply with quote
Natsume!! season 3. I am so exited for the 3rd season Smile.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:30 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
The problem is that the premiere date in Japan is Wednesday, July 6 at 1:30 AM (9:30 AM PDT Tuesday, July 05, 2011).

They've yet to put any info about this on the site and it's not in today's coming episodes which is strange because it would be streaming in about 3 hours if true. I wonder if the three announcements were supposed to be for Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday, not Sunday/Monday/Tuesday. Guess we'll know at 8:30pm (ET).

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
TheAncientOne wrote:

They've yet to put any info about this on the site and it's not in today's coming episodes which is strange because it would be streaming in about 3 hours if true. I wonder if the three announcements were supposed to be for Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday, not Sunday/Monday/Tuesday. Guess we'll know at 8:30pm (ET).

Emerje

It is as if everyone that could post any update to the site is at AX and is too busy even after hours to do anything.

How long would it take to have a prepared message to post to a new topic in the Site News section of the forum and/or upload previously prepared updated files for the lineup page?
Scr1be

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:53 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
Emerje wrote:
TheAncientOne wrote:

Emerje

It is as if everyone that could post any update to the site is at AX and is too busy even after hours to do anything.

How long would it take to have a prepared message to post to a new topic in the Site News section of the forum and/or upload previously prepared updated files for the lineup page?

Well they fixed the Kamisama start date on the news post...or rather they erased the start date. Natsume is supposed to be streamed in an hour and still no update Rolling Eyes
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:29 pm Reply with quote
And 10am PT/1pm ET goes by without Natsume. Keep up the good work, Crunchyroll. Rolling Eyes

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
And 10am PT/1pm ET goes by without Natsume. Keep up the good work, Crunchyroll. Rolling Eyes

At this point, I expecting there will be nothing until Tuesday morning.

It appears this isn't the case of someone being asleep at the wheel so much as no one being there at all.
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:35 am Reply with quote
Looks like they finally added the 3 they announced at AX to the lineup page.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/lineup
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3