• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Stream Aria the Scarlet Ammo AA, Noragami Aragoto

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Blankslate wrote:
Guess I'll post my predictions for Funi's lineup here.
Obvious ones: Garo Season 2, Attack on Titan school spinoff, Utawarerumono Season 2 (then again it has been about 10 years since the first season), and of course some trashy highschool fantasy harem
Possible pickups: Concrete Revolutio (Funi licenses 90% of Bones shows and the English website says It's going to be streamed on Daisuke and "other sites"), Comet Lucifer, Heavy Object, Osomatsu-san, Young Black Jack, and that "beautiful bones" anime (I forgot its English name)

Funi doesn't get 90% of BONES shows. In the last 5 years they've gotten 10 of their 20 shows, so it's more like 50%. While I would love for Funi to get Concrete Revolutio my money is on Aniplex unfortunately.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:20 am Reply with quote
10 bucks on that atleast Noragami and Seraph will be broadcast dubs. Maybe even Aria, but that is a lil harder i suppose. Brina Palencia and Todd Haberkorn living in LA now (correct me if im wrong). Luci Christian lives more closely to Sentai i believe. I guess its a possibility though, their rolls are really small in this spinoff and Todd has a home studio to record stuff.
traveling

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:25 am Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:

Funi doesn't get 90% of BONES shows. In the last 5 years they've gotten 10 of their 20 shows, so it's more like 50%. While I would love for Funi to get Concrete Revolutio my money is on Aniplex unfortunately.

You'd probably lose money if you bet on Aniplex. People always peg them for licensing anime that AoJ has nothing to do with. A good bet is their lineup for the fall is this:

Owarimonogatari
The Asterisk War
Subete ga F ni Naru
???
kevinx59

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:17 am Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:
^ This reminds me. What's new on J.C. Staff's plate?

Heavy Object I believe. Not sure about anything else (unless Shimoseka or Prison School are 2 cours)
NormanicGrav

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:43 am Reply with quote
Here's my prediction on Funi's pickups:
A Chivalry of the Failed Knight/A Tale of Worst One (Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry)
A Corpse is Buried Under Sakurako's Feet. (Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru)
AntiMagic Academy "The 35th Test Platoon" (Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai)
Aria the Scarlet Ammo AA (Hidan no Aria AA)
Attack on Titan: Junior High (Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou)
Garo the Animation: Guren no Tsuki
Heavy Object
High School Star Musical
Noragami Aragoto
Seraph of the End (Owari no Seraph)
Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen
Valkyrie Drive -Mermaid-

I'm surprised they got Aria AA, I would have assumed they'll skip it considering the LE is still around after a couple of years (and possible S.A.V.E. release). I guess it sold okay for them to get the spin-off.

As for Aniplex I can see them getting Concrete Revolutio and The Perfect Insider. I usually check Aniplex JP website to see what else Aniplex is involved with and The Perfect Insider was listed.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:42 am Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
10 bucks on that atleast Noragami and Seraph will be broadcast dubs. Maybe even Aria, but that is a lil harder i suppose. Brina Palencia and Todd Haberkorn living in LA now (correct me if im wrong). Luci Christian lives more closely to Sentai i believe. I guess its a possibility though, their rolls are really small in this spinoff and Todd has a home studio to record stuff.

Just Todd is in LA, I think. Luci is still in Houston balancing her 2 <5 kids and voice acting.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:40 am Reply with quote
I was hoping they would have picked up One Punch Man, but it looks like Viz beat them to it.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:11 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
I was hoping they would have picked up One Punch Man, but it looks like Viz beat them to it.

Considering that Viz is both a manga and anime licensor, wouldn't that make sense?
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:33 am Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
Brina Palencia and Todd Haberkorn living in LA now (correct me if im wrong).

Actually, Brina still lives in Dallas, but she frequently travels back and forth to LA for some of her live-action roles, which is why she hasn't been in many of the broadcast dubs.

I know this because I sat next to her and Vic Mignogna at a VIP meet & greet during a local con and asked her about it.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:34 am Reply with quote
Fantastic news! Absolutely loved Aria as well as the dub hopefully this gets the same treatment and I'll enjoy one day owning this anime and watching it Anime smile
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:27 am Reply with quote
Am I the only one who still doesn't get why they didn't just make a season 2, instead of this spin off? I mean it didn't do well because people claimed it was a Shakugan No Shana rip off. I have seen both series, and aside from the main Females being petite Tsundere voiced by Rie Kugimiya, I don't get how they are similar.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:28 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

Considering that Viz is both a manga and anime licensor, wouldn't that make sense?

Viz doesnt license the anime adaptation of all their manga acquisitions.
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:35 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Brina Palencia and Todd Haberkorn living in LA now

Brina Palencia? What about Leah Clark? She is the voice of Aria. Why no love for Leah <3
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc, I know that. Funi regular Alexis Tipton has also been to Cali to work on video games, such as Beatrix and Sarina in Lord of Magna.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:05 pm Reply with quote
AnimeFlyz wrote:
Am I the only one who still doesn't get why they didn't just make a season 2, instead of this spin off? I mean it didn't do well because people claimed it was a Shakugan No Shana rip off. I have seen both series, and aside from the main Females being petite Tsundere voiced by Rie Kugimiya, I don't get how they are similar.

Same here, I would have liked a season 2.
It's cool they're atleast doing this though.

Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Viz doesnt license the anime adaptation of all their manga acquisitions.

Yeah. It makes it hard to predict.

I think Funi's the other likely one to get it given the hype for the show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2