• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Valkyria: Azure Revolution Game Announced for PS4

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Hot damn, it is NOT a mobile game after all. Even that alone is impressive.
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Another Sega Game that will possibly never come into the west. Why?

ITS SEGUH!
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:19 pm Reply with quote
I'm very happy to be wrong about this being a Vita or mobile game.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:27 pm Reply with quote
FalconPunch wrote:
Another Sega Game that will possibly never come into the west. Why?

ITS SEGUH!

No it's just common sense if you're already spending large sums of money to create a game for a particular market then spend even more money localizing it for other markets that don't buy them of course you're not going to keep wasting money doing that or hell you may even take some short cuts like digital releases or shifting platform(s).
Hunter Sopko

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Feels like it'll be more in a Colonial setting than WWII. Anyone else get that vibe?
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited...but also very skeptical. They said that it's a reboot and will have no relation with the other titles aka a revolution. And on top of that, this won't be an SRPG shooter but a standard RPG of a 5-party team. So this is already a brand new game and using the word, Valkyria, as the only connection. So we'll see before we praise the crap out of it.

And I, too, am bummed that it's not Raita doing the character designs.
LightningZangetsu27

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:46 pm Reply with quote
shut up and take my money
Bloodgod

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Tenebrae wrote:
Hot damn, it is NOT a mobile game after all. Even that alone is impressive.

No joke. Shocked

I thought for sure we would be in for instant disappointment. A full fledged game for PS4 sounds promising...

But then again...

Freakmasta wrote:
I'm excited...but also very skeptical. They said that it's a reboot and will have no relation with the other titles aka a revolution. And on top of that, this won't be an SRPG shooter but a standard RPG of a 5-party team. So this is already a brand new game and using the word, Valkyria, as the only connection. So we'll see before we praise the crap out of it.

This. If they take what was a very unique series and mutate it into just another generic fantasy JRPG, that kinda defeats the purpose. Who am I kidding, I'll still get it if it comes west, but seriously they shouldn't mess with the formula of the previous games game.

As much hate as the second game gets, it built pretty well, gameplay wise, on what the original started. and the third game polished that further.

A new game that could combine the epic scale of the missions in the first game with some of the smaller more tactical battles in the second and third would be superb.
brucepuppy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:33 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:

You're not missing much, everything that made VC1 interesting is gone in the portable sequel.

I disagree. 2&3 have smoother combat, especially when switching members in the basecamp during battle. 2&3 also don't randomize the order of secondary members join your party and they even have their own sidestory & mission, so they aren't disposable like 1.

Dunno why VC2 gets much hate here. I particularly like it because of its light hearted school setting and no romance, contrary to VC3's "choose your bride" branching line. VC1 at least has linear romance.
meiam

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:21 pm Reply with quote
brucepuppy wrote:
I disagree. 2&3 have smoother combat, especially when switching members in the basecamp during battle. 2&3 also don't randomize the order of secondary members join your party and they even have their own sidestory & mission, so they aren't disposable like 1.

Dunno why VC2 gets much hate here. I particularly like it because of its light hearted school setting and no romance, contrary to VC3's "choose your bride" branching line. VC1 at least has linear romance.

The combat is not smoother so much as dumbed down, with really small linear area where you just rush and kill, there's really no tactics involved (of course you could still do that in VC1, but you had other option). I don't see why you'd ever need to switch member anyway, huge waste of turn. Likewise I don't see how non randomize secondary member joining makes a big difference, especially since you're gonna use 4 character tops. Most side story were pretty much filler with no substance.

Arguably what made VC interesting in the first place was the art style (gone) the war story (replace by anime school cliche) and large tactical battle (gone). They introduce a class system which was nice, but require a stupid amount of boring grinding to level them up.
gustave154

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:26 am Reply with quote
Megaton. PS4 system seller right here
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:03 am Reply with quote
gustave154 wrote:
Megaton. PS4 system seller right here

Awfully optimistic aren't we.
Lion Magnus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:32 pm Reply with quote
tsundereikemen wrote:
I wonder if they'll add additional content to that remaster coz well...I already have it on my PS3 and it's not bad anyway so I'm content with that. But if it's only improved graphics then I don't think it's necessary for me to get it...

Of course this is a personal opinion and most people who are fans of the franchise would probably get it just to put in their collections or to help get more of the franchise released outside of Japan. For me, I'd do the latter but knowing SEGA recently...it seems quite a stretch as they don't seem to care too much whether the game was a hit or not.

Idem.
But I think I will be considering to buy it anyway xD
Well my money will have the last word.
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:20 pm Reply with quote
I'm a bit wary considering that the gameplay seems to have been changed (which was one of my favorite parts of the original), but that doesn't mean it will be a bad game, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I'm guessing the PS4 remake is pretty much just going to be the PC version, which is fine, but I just hope that means that it did well enough to warrant these two games and that that might also mean we'll get the 2nd and 3rd games (maybe in the 1st game's engine) remade as well. If so, maybe we'll finally get the 3rd game over here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2