• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Tokyo Ghoul GN 3 & 4

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dayblack

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:00 am Reply with quote
drakenfyre75 wrote:
Dayblack wrote:
drakenfyre75 wrote:
I'm still wondering what manga you want then to review

Any manga that have not done a review before.

You were asked for specific titles, "any that they haven't reviewed" doesn't help... if you want certain mangas known why not mention a few by name.

In his review I want to find new mangas, little known.
Tokyo Ghoul everybody knows.
Vongola Prim0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Great Review. I hope you keep reviewing each Tokyo Ghoul Volumes as they're released over here. I am liking how he keep both sides morally gray, makes it feel more real. Story aside, Ishida's abstract art has really drawn me to this series.

Dayblack wrote:

I see your point but I don't understand why someone would click on a review for recommendations,maybe it it was a spoiler-free then yeah but it's not a spoiler free review so...yeah.
otagirl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Dayblack wrote:
drakenfyre75 wrote:
Dayblack wrote:
drakenfyre75 wrote:
I'm still wondering what manga you want then to review

Any manga that have not done a review before.

You were asked for specific titles, "any that they haven't reviewed" doesn't help... if you want certain mangas known why not mention a few by name.

Don't worry Dayblack, it's not just your imagination. People on this board are being overly defensive. Possibly because you are being a little too direct.

You asked for little known titles to be reviewed. Apparently, this cannot be done unless you provide specific examples. Bear in mind that very public sites like ANN tend to review borderline/ popular mainstream material.

For more obscure things, you may want to visit other forums instead. I find that the best and most relatable opinions are from fans, not formal reviewers who most likely have different a cultural perspective.
Lusbox

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Enjoying this series so far, was interesting to find out Yomo and Uta were big names even in the 4th ward. Also really like seeing Touka trying her best to act like a human, and her living with Hinami is an awesome pair.

The art is bit off sometimes, can go from looking amazing one moment and fairly average the next, but overall it still looks great.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:36 pm Reply with quote
otagirl wrote:
You asked for little known titles to be reviewed. Apparently, this cannot be done unless you provide specific examples. Bear in mind that very public sites like ANN tend to review borderline/ popular mainstream material.

Between December 13th and December 19th, installments from 34 different manga franchises released at least one English-language volume in the US. I took two minutes, opened up the entries for all 34 franchises in the ANN encyclopedia, and discovered that ANN has covered at least one installment of 27 of them (either in a formal review, a House of 1000 Manga feature, or - in the case of manga associated with or adapted from an anime - a review of the associated anime). I might be off by 1 or 2, but like I said, I spent two minutes gathering this data.

That's 27 out of 34 titles released in the past week - titles like Demon From Afar, Rose Guns Days, Pandora Hearts, LDK, Kiss Him Not Me, and Afterschool Charisma.

What exactly do they have to do in your eyes to constitute reviewing "little known titles" - start reviewing scanlations?
Calsolum

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:20 am Reply with quote
personally the best of TG comes from the foreshadowing which a shame since the many clues, habits, (seemingly)random numbers and off hand remarks won't make sense till much later down the line. i for one was pleasantly surprised by the drawing way back in chapter 1 that looks alot like spoiler[eto's kakuja ]

also ishida's art style 'evolves' over the course of the series and while its nice from artistic POV its pain when all you want to do is find out whats happening lol

not kidding chapter 31 of TG:re at one point felt like i was trying to make sense of a Rorschach Inkblot
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2