• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cardcaptor Sakura Gets 'New Project' to Celebrate Manga's 20th Anniversary

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:37 pm Reply with quote
So another classic is getting either more material or a remake... not suprised we have been getting a lot of these lately.

Still i actually wish Tsubasa got a remake or at least adapt the last part of the manga into anime form..for a conclusion.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Sailor Moon Crystal-Esqe remake? Very Happy
stowrag

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:02 pm Reply with quote
I agree that there's nothing wrong with the original anime. It's still a great series. I'd love a remake though because the original series is so long, which is great, (more of it to love) but if you get distracted or lose your place... (has happened to me more than once).

Also I just preferred the original manga ending in some ways.
FlareKnight

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:24 pm Reply with quote
In the end my feelings depend on what it is. If it's a Sailor Moon Crystal level trainwreck....no thank you. If it's something actually good, well then sure.

The original series is great and stands up fine on its own. But a reboot of some sort (if they go there) wouldn't be a problem. Just something new to enjoy.

But for all we know it is something else entirely, like a play or a slot machine. Will wait and see what this ends up being.
SnowWarren

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Yay, more Kero!

I don't think the original needs to be remade, but if that's what it takes for us to get a decent dub then so be it.

Maybe a stage show or a new manga? Or just a retouched version of the existing manga.

Or just a one off movie.

Maybe it'll be a next generation thing with a new character discovering the Sakura/Star cards.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Well this is an interesting development. I'm curious to know what it's going to entail.
manapear

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:39 pm Reply with quote
I would love a remake of the anime. It's wonderful and holds up, but something more experimental in coloring and with the quality boost that Madhouse has seen since they did the original. . . that would be great. ♥

As long as it's a new project though, I think that's great. I'm hoping it's an anime remake, but I'm just glad CCS is getting love.

MKR on the otherhand; that actually needs an anime remake! I know it isn't as popular, but I wish it were getting some real love too. ;u;
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:32 pm Reply with quote
manapear wrote:
MKR on the otherhand; that actually needs an anime remake! I know it isn't as popular, but I wish it were getting some real love too. ;u;

Wasn't most of the differences between the anime & manga during the show's second season? I never read the Rayearth II manga but I used to own Dark Horse's omnibus of the first one and don't recall there being any major difference between that and the show's first season.
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Madhouse did the CCS anime!? The studio that did One-Punch Man, Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro, Parasyte, and Hajime no Ippo!? Holy crap, that's yet another point for them!

Second, I really wish CCS would get a proper re-dub after the God-awful Nelvana dub, and the iffy Animax dub. Seriously, people! Would it kill the English VAs to at least pronounced Sakura's name right!? "SAHK-rah", NOT "Sah-KOO-rah"!
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Own Darkhorse's omnibus releases for this series, really enjoyed the manga. Have little to no memory of seeing the anime, even though what I did see...was Cardcaptors.

Now, can someone please license the 2nd more in the west? It's the only thing missing right now, and the lack of availability of that movie on disc is why I've not watched the anime, as I want to buy the NISA sets and Discotek's release of the first movie...
Triltaison

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:54 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
manapear wrote:

Wasn't most of the differences between the anime & manga during the show's second season? I never read the Rayearth II manga but I used to own Dark Horse's omnibus of the first one and don't recall there being any major difference between that and the show's first season.

The only major difference for the first season is the character Inouva, who is fairly prominent in the anime and nonexistent in the manga. The second anime and the second manga are really quite different, with even the main villains not being the same.

My hope for this news is an anniversary OVA like the one Ranma 1/2 got a few years back... Just a short little new episodic adventure with old friends. Maybe the capture of a Clow card we didn't get to see in the anime or manga yet, like The Libra or The Through.

Last edited by Triltaison on Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
manapear

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:00 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
manapear wrote:

I actually like the differences between the anime and manga in the second season. The differences weren't the problem for me.

It was the quality. The filler and pacing were so awkward in S1, and Inouva was a shallow attempt at pretty boy and mild yaoi fanservice (which I haven't seen lasting amongst the fandom, whether with JP or Western fans). I think they should remake it and add some new filler that better advances relationships, streamline the storylines that were present and have the animation be quality and consistent. I think the colors were also pretty flat and a bit off, so that could have used work.

In comparison, the CCS anime was pretty fun. Madhouse did a lot in terms of quality and consistency. I feel like CCS doesn't need a remake unless it's done by Madhouse again, actually. I doubt anyone else could bring that same level of quality on top of something potentially new.
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Now, can someone please license the 2nd more in the west? It's the only thing missing right now, and the lack of availability of that movie on disc is why I've not watched the anime, as I want to buy the NISA sets and Discotek's release of the first movie...

Well we might be in luck because Madman in Australia announced this week that they licensed that movie and that it will be released on DVD in May so hopefully this leads to Discotek licensing it over here soon.
grooven

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:07 am Reply with quote
I think I can imagine either an OVA, movie, or reboot.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:33 am Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:

Yep.
I haven't seen the second half of the anime in years but the anime's second half uses the Mashins much more than the later half of the original manga, iirc, plus Nova's a thing in the anime while she isn't in the manga.

I'd actually say that I wouldn't want Rayearth's TV anime any other other. It's a really good companion piece to the original story..
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3