• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bakuon!! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:04 pm Reply with quote
I see what you mean now. At first I wrote that off as the shadows from visors, but you're right, except for Pinocchio-face, Hayakawa, and the older shop guy in the OP, none of the males have eyes, whether they're shadowed or not. That is weird. Smile
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3:

I think Hanae has an interesting taste of bikes tbh. I mean, the pink color? Lol. And anyways, glad to see everyone on the road now with their own bikes. Fun.

Onsa and Rin's relationship still remains one of the most amusing I've seen so far in this show. And Onsa's hair is hard to ignore LOL
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3

I liked that we actually had an explanation 0f how these girls could talk to each other while riding, putting headsets in their helmets. I noticed it when it was included and thought it was pretty cool. And it genuinely created a funny moment when she did not realise they could hear her.

Also the dealership. I laughed when we got the father talking about how he tricked his daughter into thinking she had a new bike.

Raimu-senpai is a mystery though, she was apparently the principal's senpai 20 years ago. Is she a ghost? Is she actually a teacher? Or are we just not supposed to not think about it so hard, and that is the joke? The OVA had her spoiler[filling out documents which had me thinking she was the student president], but I don't know now.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:18 pm Reply with quote
There is something very strangely impressive and appealing when one of the little girls mounts her bike and buzzes off with authority. Like when Hana first got her bike on the street and took off.

So Raimu spoiler[is in her 30s now] and pretending to be spoiler[a high school girl]? What for?

Burn of the week: being told that your beloved Suzuki is in the same category as spoiler[murder]. Lol.

Too bad the ANN staff didn't pick this one for streaming reviews. The female previewers didn't like it. I think they would have had some fun with it.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:17 am Reply with quote
When it comes to her bike, I'm enjoying Rin's attitude, but otherwise I hope she turns down the volume on the tsundere sooner than later.

I'm not so sure about Onsa's interpretation of the hand greetings, but nobody waves with their right hand like she did (note that the guy she waved to used his left hand), because the throttle is on the right, so it'd be like taking your foot off the gas to wave at someone. Not to mention she'd have her arm whipped back by the wind at cruising speed, so if she'd ever done it once, she'd never do it again. Smile

Yeah, I'm wondering what's up with Raimu now too. Also, lol at how Hane holds her by the boobs when riding in tandem.
Banken

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:07 pm Reply with quote
BTW, "Nikoichi" means "cut and shut" which is when you cut two crashed cars in half and weld them together.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:08 pm Reply with quote
@HaruhiToy

My assumption was that Raimu is a ghost. Still a school girl because she hasn't aged beyond that point. Possibly her bike is a ghost as well. That was an awful lot of fire from a motorcycle. They don't carry that much gas to begin with and would have very little by the end of the race.
Kendra Kirai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Man, I wish they'd decided to review it. Also PSO2 last season. This show is fun! And man, Rin's dad is the worst parent who's actually around since Gendou Ikari. Very Happy
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4:

I think this show really likes Rin lol with more of her flashbacks. Yeah I feel bad for what happened to her father but I think she's grown into a much stronger person compared to back then.

Had a weird feeling about the guy Hane met but he does have a rather interesting insight about bikes. The onsen fan service reminded me of the OVA episode lol. Fun fun.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Rin's dad is my favourite character in this show. What a great father.

Weird Biker Jesus -scene seemed kinda out of place to me, but I laughed at the painting of the christians' god on a motorcycle! Utterly ridiculous and so funny!

I enjoyed the fanservice. It's not often that a girl's butt isn't covered by Mysterious Rays of Light or convenient fog.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:02 pm Reply with quote
"Brum Brum, Engine Starto!!"

I'm totally biased when I say that Rin is best girl, since Nao Tōyama is best seiyuu, but her character just makes me laugh so much... Literally the main thing for me watching. However, if I can enjoy the show along with Rin-chan antics then it's obviously doing something right.

I do have to say that whilst it was very kind of Hane to stop for Biker Jesus, I would rather she had put her foot down. Least to say I was quite worried for her safety.
12skippy21

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:10 pm Reply with quote
As someone who grew up with bikes and went to a number of bike rallies the progression towards sillier and more random humour (outside of the standard moe tropes anyway) reminds me a lot of those days. As kids around 10 years old we would also "act the delinquent", racing around the middle of nowhere in the dead of night on small dirt bikes we commandeered.

Rather than hot springs though we had oil drums over a fire, far less exotic. Sad
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:31 pm Reply with quote
"The moment my Ducati breaks down is the moment my life ends." Too funny. I'm starting to think Ducati did not pay for product placement in this. In fact, they'd probably like to sue them for libel but they can't, since everything they're saying is true. Very Happy

"Man, kids sure do fly far." Laughing Echinococcosis is one nasty disease, but I don't think they could diagnose it that quickly, and having her sign the authorization for surgery?? Methinks Rin's memory isn't quite accurate. But she was lucky the idiot made the symbol backwards.

Speaking of which, this week all the guys are in fox masks. This face-hiding thing is such a weird affectation.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
This face-hiding thing is such a weird affectation.

As long as they continue to be willing to show the girls in a mixed open air bath I am willing to overlook a lot.

I had never ever seen that before in a mainstream anime. Not only are the girls willing to strip down on an exposed hillside they make nothing of it that the old gent joins them. It isn't that I need the fan service that much, it is just that I get sooooo fricking tired of the hot-springs male/female separated by a bamboo fence thing, the girls screaming at peepers, guys getting clocked and the whole bit. I would actually rather not have a hot springs episode than watch it again. But this was different.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:46 am Reply with quote
I think Rin's parts are some of the funnier. Especially how she gets paired with her father where she thinks of something as sentimental before everything else. Memories of going to the part of the country having ended prematurely by foxes, the cute foxes licking the face causing parasite infection stopping it entirely, and even the memory of a long tunnel actually being from pretty much trauma. Also the Suzuki symbol on her butt, which we saw in the OVA, un-ceremonially caused by a bad parental decision and the hot bonnet of a car with a conveniently backwards ornament.

Teenage girls should be more careful from being left alone in the middle of nowhere. Even if they look like biker Jesus.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7