• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Alderamin on the Sky Anime's 1st Promo Video, Key Visual Revealed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:12 pm Reply with quote
JC_Denton wrote:
whiskeyii wrote:
Man, it's not as bad on the guys, but the gals seem to have disproportionately long faces. It's really throwing me off. Which is weird, because this is Madhouse. I mean, these guys did Death Parade!

Wasn't Death Parade also had long faces(or that's what you mean?).

Eh, I meant long faces that didn't look weird. The characters in Death Parade were all pretty lanky in comparison, so it didn't look off (and even the shorter characters had correct proportions). But this just looks bad. XP Their noses and cheeks are too elongated, giving them a very strange look.
CaRoss

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:12 pm Reply with quote
The concept of the series sounds pretty interesting. It's got a very traditional western fantasy feel to the basis; something that's not very common among light novel fantasy series.

However, I'm really confused as to why they decided to completely alter the character designs from the novels. While I was not expecting a 1:1 translation of the designs, this aesthetics of this anime currently do not look anything like what was originally designed.

Is it an attempt to stand out from the rest of the LN adaptation crowd? If so, they're definitely risking alienating some fans of the original work (for good reason).

That said, despite some eye spacing issues, I don't mind these designs. They're interesting, and I do have faith in Madhouse to make it work.

*Goes off to a corner to pray that they don't repeat the same mistakes that they had with Magical Warfare*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2