• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul Anime's 1st Video Previews New Main Character

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RacistPenguin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:51 am Reply with quote
That trailer got me even more hyped than I already was. Can't wait for more Bahamut!
Drunk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:59 am Reply with quote
Manaria Friends wasn't cancelled...yet. Just delayed indefinitely with new information coming "in the future".
SpookyPie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:31 am Reply with quote
Lord Dcast wrote:
I do wonder why it was cancelled. Oh well, at least this one isn't. In fact, I'm glad we don't have that piece of crap to sully the name of the good series. It seemed to be the generic high-school anime that A1 is usually known for. I don't want Asterisk Bahamut thank you very much.

I don't understand this mentality. For example Teen Titans is one of my favorite shows of all time, I don't care for Teen Titans Go, but it in no way damages any of my enjoyment of the original show. Plus honestly I'm happy for the people that enjoy Teen Titans Go.
Shingeki no Bahamut: Manaria Friends might have been good, it might not have been. A short series focusing on completely different characters in a different genre but in the same universe could be fun. Even if I didn't enjoy it someone else probably would. So I hope one day the series comes out personally. Also I mean a lot of people didn't have any expectations for Rage of Bahamut: Genesis because it was based on a mobile card game, and there are most likely people out there who still would refuse to give this series a chance just because it's related to a mobile game, I think those people are missing out on a very fun experience in my opinion tho.

Anyhow tho I loved Rage of Bahamut: Genesis and the new season preview looked great, here's to another great season!
pandoraking

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:14 am Reply with quote
The pv been out for a while, but everytime i watch it i love it even more!! fall premier pls!!!
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:27 am Reply with quote
Oh yay the sequel I was actually waiting for! The show kinda shat the bed in the second half for me (or at the very least became a bit more boring than the first 5 episodes which I really loved) but I'm still up for giving this a s shot since you never know, this might be better than the first season. Maybe, maybe not we'll see... plus I just like the look of this show so even without that I'd still at least try episode 1.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:02 pm Reply with quote
The school life spin-off is currently "only" officially shelved so who knows there.
This trailers looks great and having a new protagonist and time jump is a good way to distinguish season 2 from the previous surprise hit. Not that it managed to make money but it certainty fulfilled it´s main goal. To advertised the card game and I even looked @ the game´s wikia. Lol.
The writers proved that they can write women which is always giant concern with anime, so i see no knows negatives. The hype train is a go! But i will had it to Japan for always being on the ball in regards to coming up with cringe worthy titles. No non-anime fan would ever click on that Imdb page.

Last edited by residentgrigo on Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Last time I read Rage of Bahamut news, it was incredibly disappointing. THIS brightened my day!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:32 pm Reply with quote
RacistPenguin wrote:
That trailer got me even more hyped than I already was. Can't wait for more Bahamut!

Been waiting for this after the fantastic first season.

That was a gorgeous and badass trailer, and hearing that music again... HYPE!

So glad it looks like most of the staff is back and Keiichi Satou's leading it again, love his style and those camera moves in that quick badass sword fight clip with Kaisar in the trailer. So dynamic!

Lord Dcast wrote:
AW HELL YEAH! THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME!

Rage of Bahamut Genesis was such an underrated anime from 2014, and I am SO glad to see that finally we have a second season (not that stupid spinoff).

Also, zombie girl's back! She was the best character!

Yeah, I absolutely loved the first season. And it was awesome already seeing zombie girl Rita is back, gotta love her Smile
Good to already see Kaisar back for the fun too, wonder how long before Favaro gets pulled into this since he got his face in there too. That looks like Azazel hidden behind Kaisar in the poster as well LOL.

Quick shot of Jeanne in there too.

The new girl has a nice design, hopefully she's good.
I like the energetic freeze frame with her and Hansa.
Dylan21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:19 am Reply with quote
The trailer gets me so damn excited for this. To makes things even better it's going to be 24 episodes x 30 minutes! One of the most epic series there is, so much needed. http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/81761
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Dylan21 wrote:
The trailer gets me so damn excited for this. To makes things even better it's going to be 24 episodes x 30 minutes! One of the most epic series there is, so much needed. http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/81761

24 eps? Oh hell yes! Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2