• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NisiOisin's Zaregoto Novels Launch Anime Project

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cetais

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 12:07 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:

@killjoy_the I believe Zaregoto is the one getting the adaptation, as per the article title.
He's talking about the studio Gainax, who did an adaptation of Medaka Box (another story written by Nisio Isin)

The anime is... heh... It would have been better if it didn't existed, I guess.
LetsEatRamen

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 3:24 am Reply with quote
YES MORE NISIO!
As everyone else has pointed out, this will probably be a Shaft show.

I'm really just hoping a Zoku Owari anime is going to be confirmed...
Dian Z

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 6:43 am Reply with quote
As much as I love SHAFT and how they adapted the monogatari series, I'm afraid I'm getting tired of their style and NisioxSinbo dynamic.
I really would love to see Nisio's materials to be handled by another well-received-artistically-distinct studio. Say, KyoAni or Trigger Surprised

It's already implied by the website that it's gonna be SHAFT though, eh.
Just need a fresh breath of air here.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 8:50 am Reply with quote
This is a series I only know by reputation. And, from what I remember, people talk it up a bit.

I am wondering what the cast of characters in this series are like...

LetsEatRamen wrote:
I'm really just hoping a Zoku Owari anime is going to be confirmed...

With the Monogatari stuff, it still seems like it's a matter of when and not if.
Kreion

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Dian Z wrote:
As much as I love SHAFT and how they adapted the monogatari series, I'm afraid I'm getting tired of their style and NisioxSinbo dynamic.
I really would love to see Nisio's materials to be handled by another well-received-artistically-distinct studio. Say, KyoAni or Trigger Surprised

It's already implied by the website that it's gonna be SHAFT though, eh.
Just need a fresh breath of air here.

KyoAni is not artistically distinct, all their shows are pretty but usually directed in a very straightforward manner which is the antihtesis of how NisiO tend to write. Also they use pretty much the same art style for every show with more or less detail, Shaft tend to direct the same but Nisekoi doesn't look much like Monogatari tbh, nor does Denpa Onna to or Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, at least in terms of art alone rather than direction.

Trigger might be okay...but they are kinda busy at the moment and personally I'm not much of a fan but -shrug-

If Shaft put as much effort into this as they put into the earlier seasons of Monogatari and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei or Madoka, and don't get lazy like MCA or Owarimonogatari then I will be happy with it. It's up to them how well this series does at the end of the day.

But fyi no one thought Monogatari could be adapted into an anime before Shaft did it, they are pretty much exactly suited to his writing style.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2