• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Expo to Host Makoto Shinkai & His Latest Film's World Premiere

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uLTraCarL

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:52 am Reply with quote
crosswithyou wrote:
I would leave it... for another year.

what if "another year" was not possible due to time constraints, schedules, contracts, etc etc etc. then the whole thing goes down the drain for good? what an epic waste that would have been, let alone leaving a massive gap in the guest list and events for this year. Maybe even insulting the negotiating team for even suggesting such a thing and forcing a black list or whatever.

everyone just needs to chill and relax. I just came from e3, there is not enough time in the day to 'play' every demo. You need to pick and choose your poison, that is the way of the conventions. General panels will always conflict, guest panels will always conflict, this is nothing new to see.

Me personally, I am going to super live and band battle. Why? Because TM [expletive] Revolution and FLOW. There are a number of guests that do piqued my interest but I would need to see the schedule first and see if I am able to work things out logically.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:32 am Reply with quote
I hereby submit my claim of jealousy unto those in attendance of this event. Know ye, in either joy or guilt, that your upcoming bounties can only be enjoyed to the green-eyed frustration of others.
And so concludes my claim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:10 am Reply with quote
uLTraCarL wrote:
Me personally, I am going to super live and band battle. Why? Because TM [expletive] Revolution and FLOW. There are a number of guests that do piqued my interest but I would need to see the schedule first and see if I am able to work things out logically.

Well lucky you then. Your main priority events are pre-ticketed and don't require lining up hours beforehand for just a possibility to get in so you have the chance to line up for other events without jeopardizing your main priority.
Idgal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:23 am Reply with quote
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!
O.........M.....................G.................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
uLTraCarL

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:06 am Reply with quote
crosswithyou wrote:
Well lucky you then. Your main priority events are pre-ticketed and don't require lining up hours beforehand for just a possibility to get in so you have the chance to line up for other events without jeopardizing your main priority.

Don't know how luck is involved in this, heh. Am I lucky that the events I want to go to are pre-ticketed? I guess if you want to look at it from that perspective. If it was a non-ticketed event, I know where I would be since that is the priority I have stated. I've done the roulette before, you just need to know how to balance time, effort, energy, and know when to divert complete or change plans.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:17 am Reply with quote
Idgal wrote:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!
O.........M.....................G.................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Much excitement, so many guests, wow...The attendance is over 100,000? That's IMPOSSIBLE!!! Twisted Evil I'm rooting for that...BTW uLTraCarL, I spy with my little eye my favorite Kotori trying on glasses....
ServantSaber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:19 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited, big fan of his works!

Also not sure what some of you are expecting. It's an expo for everyone, not your personal expo. Is it a bummer if there's some overlap? Definitely, but like others have already said, just because you like all the guests doesn't mean everyone else does. Such is the expo life Sad For non ticketed events you'll probably have to wait in line way in advance to ensure your spot anyways so even if they were spaced apart you would still have to prioritize the ones you want to go to the most.
grooven

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:39 pm Reply with quote
I've now had visions of 2007 AX. Anyone remember that o_o?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2