• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toei Reveals Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Series Premiering in October

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
megazero

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:31 pm Reply with quote
The Heisei Kamen Riders looks heavy on armor, compared to the Showa Kamen Riders that have a natural-looking appearance.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Levitz9

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:30 am Reply with quote
megazero wrote:
The Heisei Kamen Riders looks heavy on armor, compared to the Showa Kamen Riders that have a natural-looking appearance.

Makes perfect sense when you think about it: Showa-era Riders are pure Cyborgs. The recent Kamen Rider Wars movie reveals that Kamen Rider 1's armor just grows over his own skin; it could easily be buried right underneath it.

Most Heisei-era Riders are just wearing powered armor (Kabuto, Gaim, Fourze, Drive, Ex-Aid, 555). The ones that aren't are just going through a seriously advanced mutation of sorts (Kuuga, Hibiki, Kiva, OOO) and aren't quite as bulky-looking.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2