• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Full Metal Panic! Teases "Important Announcement" With Voice Cast

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
traffiktiger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
FMP had one of the few passable dubs IMO. Good times with that. All I can say about this specific announcement besides obvious excitement, is that KyoAni's schedule for 2017 is looking pretty empty right now..... >.>

I agree, I liked the dub & I loved the anime. It is the show I'm looking forward to the most. It is just a really fun show that you can really escape in. I see you do not like many dubs, but I hope it is one of Funimation's simulcast dub releases. I just have so much nostalgia for this show's English dub & it was one of the best of its time.

Last edited by traffiktiger on Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:03 pm Reply with quote
One of the best dubs ever. I love Fumoffu and some of the more light-hearted parts of the series. I would love to see more of this franchise.
Actar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:50 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
For an unfinished anime that started in 2002 and a book series that finished in 2010? "Does not add up" doesn't begin to explain whose idea this was or who it's for.

Huh? I don't understand where you're coming from at all. Just because a series is old doesn't mean that the fans still aren't around or that there isn't a demand for more.
marek1712

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:55 am Reply with quote
[quote="Actar"]
Animegomaniac wrote:
Just because a series is old doesn't mean that the fans still aren't around or that there isn't a demand for more.

Correct. But I hope they'll hurry a bit because we're dying of old age Wink
Actar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:41 pm Reply with quote
marek1712 wrote:
Actar wrote:
Animegomaniac wrote:
Just because a series is old doesn't mean that the fans still aren't around or that there isn't a demand for more.

Correct. But I hope they'll hurry a bit because we're dying of old age ;)

Haha, true that. (^.^;)

Still can't forget how Lucky Star referenced this all those years back. They knew fans were waiting!
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:23 pm Reply with quote
More likely reveal more info about FMP anime they announced last year. We still dont know whether it will be reboot or sequel to existing anime.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:42 am Reply with quote
traffiktiger wrote:
Kougeru wrote:
FMP had one of the few passable dubs IMO. Good times with that. All I can say about this specific announcement besides obvious excitement, is that KyoAni's schedule for 2017 is looking pretty empty right now..... >.>

I agree, I liked the dub & I loved the anime. It is the show I'm looking forward to the most. It is just a really fun show that you can really escape in. I see you do not like many dubs, but I hope it is one of Funimation's simulcast dub releases. I just have so much nostalgia for this show's English dub & it was one of the best of its time.

If it is, there is a good chance that there will be some recasts. Several of the major voice actors don't work for Funimation very often, and at least two haven't been in a Funi dub in several years. Hilary Haag only did a smaller role in one Funi dub many years ago, and Chris Patton hasn't worked there in quite a while either.

I would prefer the keep the dub in Houston, like the last three series. It would be nice to keep it consistent, not just from a VA standpoint, but also a production standpoint.
traffiktiger

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:14 am Reply with quote
I don’t think they will recast because Funimation is good about casting the original VAs. VAs can work anywhere now & don't have to live near the company's studio. Also Chris Patton worked for Funi on Dimension W & Prince of Stride Alternative this year. If they recast, it will be people that are too busy or don't work anymore.
The thing I'm uncertain about is who will actually have the rights to the show because of the Crunchyroll & Kadokawa deal?
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:14 am Reply with quote
If Kadokowa ends up with international rights for this, which is likely given they had the past shows, then it could end up with Crunchyroll. We don't know a whole lot about their deal, and whether it includes home video rights or just streaming at this point. If CR got it, I would hope they would contract out the dub to Sentai, like Kadokowa did with ADV for TSR. They have the best shot at getting the entire main cast back, and would be able to keep it consistent with the previous series.

Also, Kadokowa's deal with CR was only for one year. It may expire before the new FMP airs. I guess we have to wait and see. In that case, the show could end up going to just about anyone.
Hektor6766

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Actar wrote:
marek1712 wrote:
Actar wrote:
Animegomaniac wrote:

Correct. But I hope they'll hurry a bit because we're dying of old age Wink

Haha, true that. (Anime smallmouthWink

Still can't forget how Lucky Star referenced this all those years back. They knew fans were waiting!

Jeez...

I'll hope for Gonzo over KyoAni & watch the subs. These heavyweight seiyuu are not to be passed over.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:
We still dont know whether it will be reboot or sequel to existing anime.

We actually do. The art they announced the series with is using the ARX-8 Laevatein, not Sosuke's M9 or the Arbalest. If it was a reboot, I don't think they'd use the ARX-8.

The novel plot also got covered in the last SRW Z game too (the first time the ARX-8 has technically been animated), so it being a continuation of TSR wouldn't be too far fetched.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:50 am Reply with quote
Having been nearly a year since it was announced, I think they should give more info on the release date. As far as I know, if given the chance, Chris Patton is willing to return as Sousuke.
zensunni

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Fingers crossed that this isn't just a tease, but a true sign of good things to come!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2