• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Danganronpa 3 Anime Concludes With Hope Arc Finale on September 29

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doubleO7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
Given that originally the series was supposed to be split cour but they pushed it up so that it air next to each other is a clear indication that they are supposed to be viewed inter-wived

I'm curious where you heard that. As far as I know, they were always intended to be aired simultaneously, otherwise I don't think he would've written them in the way he did in the first place.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:44 am Reply with quote
My numbers aren't adding up, but perhaps I'm missing something? I've been following D3 on Funi and by my count we've been shown 11 Future Arc and 10 Despair Arc episodes. If I understand this news item correctly there is one episode left, called the Hope Arc. So this is actually a 22-episode show instead of 24 as I had originally thought?
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:29 am Reply with quote
^Not quite. Despair 11 aired yesterday, but due to delays in getting materials it hasn't launched on Funi's website yet. After that, the next episode will be Future 12, and instead of a 12th episode of despair, next Thursday will have the "Hope Arc" episode to finish everything up.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:56 am Reply with quote
Ah, thank you for clearing up the confusion for me. I was ready to go all Junko Enoshima on somebody's butt.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2