• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/Extra Last Encore TV Anime Reveals 3rd Promo Video, Main Cast, New Visual

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
I don't follow the franchise, however, I do think they could stop making the anime series. Sure, you have plenty of fans.

Why would they stop?? Confused

I hope they animate everything in the franchise so I can experience it, personally.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:54 pm Reply with quote
but having a high school setting AND tamamo is overkill; and it does not matter how manby things can go wrong with this, having shinbo there is enough to make me want to watch it.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:

Shame they went with Male MC again as well, considering they did the same with First Order (which really makes me think it'll be Extella Zero.) Was hoping they'd go with the female MC considering the first trailer and all.

While I'm certain that the female Hakuno is more popular, the story is written where male Hakuno would fit the best. While Saber being bisexual wouldn't be far of stretch since she love beauty in general (and considering which Heroic Spirit she is, it would make sense), but Caster refers even the female Hakuno as her husband. (Well, the main Servant is Saber anyway.)
#moodie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:50 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
Hmm the fact that these PVs have almost nothing animated on top of the fact that having played Extra, it feels like they're going to need to do some serious work to adapt it into an interesting tv series doesn't inspire a whole lot of faith. Extra is basically the high school magic battle version of Fate, and that is one of the most over used and generic premises. I'm a big fan of Fate and Nero so I'll watch this regardless, but I have serious doubt whether or not it will actually be good.
The fact that we even have PVs this early shows that they are ahead of scheduel. PVs dont come out with animation till 1 month to a season before it airs. We had PVs since early 2017. This being the latest. Having this is a sign that animation will be good. Idk where ur basing ur statements from but it sure has hell isnt accurate.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:59 pm Reply with quote
#moodie wrote:

The fact that we even have PVs this early shows that they are ahead of schedule. PVs dont come out with animation till 1 month to a season before it airs. We had PVs since early 2017. This being the latest. Having this is a sign that animation will be good. Idk where ur basing ur statements from but it sure has hell isnt accurate.

This was originally intended to be a Fall 2017 show, and was pushed back thanks to SHAFT taking on far too much work for their own good. They aren't really ahead of schedule, and I wouldn't be super confident in this show based on these PVs. Don't forget they also have a second season of 3gatsu to make right now, the Zaregoto OVAs, and they just wrapped up Owari 2, and their Fireworks movie. They have a lot to juggle. And delaying this was absolutely necessary.

maximilianjenus wrote:
but having a high school setting AND tamamo is overkill; and it does not matter how manby things can go wrong with this, having shinbo there is enough to make me want to watch it.

I thought it was more widely known by now, considering how much certain circles continue to broadcast it, but Shinbo is NOT directing this. And hasn't directed LITERALLY ANYTHING in over a decade. Miyamoto is directing this. Shinbo is hardly even involved. His only job is to "okay" whatever Miyamoto wants to do. Which, at this point, means he's doing nothing. Miyamoto is more than a competent director though, and you should be reasonably excited based on his previous work, including Madoka Magica and Arakawa.

I guess this is one of those areas of misinformation that will never die thanks, I guess, to credits being the way they are.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:10 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
This was originally intended to be a Fall 2017 show, and was pushed back thanks to SHAFT taking on far too much work for their own good. They aren't really ahead of schedule, and I wouldn't be super confident in this show based on these PVs.

Yeah, pretty much this. Unless Moodie meant my comments about them needing to do some serious editing form the game's story to make a decent tv series out of it... in which case I kind of doubt he played it.

I really want this to be good for Umu. I'm just not really seeing anything to give me confidence. But hey, maybe I'm in for a pleasant surprise.
VPedge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:40 am Reply with quote
MajinAkuma wrote:
Lynx Amali wrote:

Shame they went with Male MC again as well, considering they did the same with First Order (which really makes me think it'll be Extella Zero.) Was hoping they'd go with the female MC considering the first trailer and all.

While I'm certain that the female Hakuno is more popular, the story is written where male Hakuno would fit the best. While Saber being bisexual wouldn't be far of stretch since she love beauty in general (and considering which Heroic Spirit she is, it would make sense), but Caster refers even the female Hakuno as her husband. (Well, the main Servant is Saber anyway.)

how would it fit him best? Both servants are pretty much written to where gender wouldn't matter to them just seems like they going against the fanbase there
theNightster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:22 am Reply with quote
I hear the voice of Touma Kamijou in a fate anime. this has my attention
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:37 am Reply with quote
relyat08, what I stated is what I wish would happen. It's more than likely they will just keep milking it when it already has over 20 anime/manga titles. What have they not animated not besides this?
Meongantuk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:31 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
relyat08, what I stated is what I wish would happen. It's more than likely they will just keep milking it when it already has over 20 anime/manga titles. What have they not animated not besides this?

beside FGO's later arcs and possibly Extella? Fate/Prototype Fragments, Lord El Melloi II Case Files, Fate/Strange Fake.
Fragments is probably the next one since it already ended and the main cast already got voice actors (from FGO and the old carnival phantasm OVA). El Melloi and Strange Fake are still ongoing so they'll probably take some time.
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Meongantuk wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:

beside FGO's later arcs and possibly Extella? Fate/Prototype Fragments, Lord El Melloi II Case Files, Fate/Strange Fake.
Fragments is probably the next one since it already ended and the main cast already got voice actors (from FGO and the old carnival phantasm OVA). El Melloi and Strange Fake are still ongoing so they'll probably take some time.

Also a re-adaptation of the Fate route from Stay Night. A lot of people understandably want that, myself included. And if you open it up to Type Moon works as a whole, Tsukihime also needs a re-adaptation. The source is excellent, but the anime is trash(from what I've heard).
#moodie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:48 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
#moodie wrote:

The fact that we even have PVs this early shows that they are ahead of schedule. PVs dont come out with animation till 1 month to a season before it airs. We had PVs since early 2017. This being the latest. Having this is a sign that animation will be good. Idk where ur basing ur statements from but it sure has hell isnt accurate.

This was originally intended to be a Fall 2017 show, and was pushed back thanks to SHAFT taking on far too much work for their own good. They aren't really ahead of schedule, and I wouldn't be super confident in this show based on these PVs. Don't forget they also have a second season of 3gatsu to make right now, the Zaregoto OVAs, and they just wrapped up Owari 2, and their Fireworks movie. They have a lot to juggle. And delaying this was absolutely necessary.

maximilianjenus wrote:

I thought it was more widely known by now, considering how much certain circles continue to broadcast it, but Shinbo is NOT directing this. And hasn't directed LITERALLY ANYTHING in over a decade. Miyamoto is directing this. Shinbo is hardly even involved. His only job is to "okay" whatever Miyamoto wants to do. Which, at this point, means he's doing nothing. Miyamoto is more than a competent director though, and you should be reasonably excited based on his previous work, including Madoka Magica and Arakawa.

I guess this is one of those areas of misinformation that will never die thanks, I guess, to credits being the way they are.
Ya thats false. You really think a publisher would have 2 Fate franchises airing at the same time. Both intended to be big hits in their own right. Fate/Apocrypha is 2 cour and will go well into the fall season. All we had was winter 2017 and winter 2017 isnt even a thing winter starts in 2018 for what it was implying when annoucing. And even if it did get pushed back i doubt its SHAFTS fault considering what I stated about Fate/Apocrypha being 2 cour. This being delayed is more speculation rather than actually being delayed. But honestly I doubt it was even inteded for 2017 because all i recalled was them stating "winter 2017"
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:57 pm Reply with quote
#moodie wrote:

Ya thats false. You really think a publisher would have 2 Fate franchises airing at the same time. Both intended to be big hits in their own right. Fate/Apocrypha is 2 cour and will go well into the fall season. All we had was winter 2017 and winter 2017 isnt even a thing winter starts in 2018 for what it was implying when annoucing. And even if it did get pushed back i doubt its SHAFTS fault considering what I stated about Fate/Apocrypha being 2 cour. This being delayed is more speculation rather than actually being delayed. But honestly I doubt it was even inteded for 2017 because all i recalled was them stating "winter 2017"

It's 100% true. You certainly don't have to believe me, but your comment is unlikely to convince anyone other than yourself.
And I'm not blaming SHAFT. I am, however, saying that their workload has been unsustainable for quite a while now. There is also a reason that Kubikiri Cycle is an OVA series rather than a TV series. And it's not because of the content. Not to mention they haven't been able to even stick to the monthly schedule for that that was originally planned. Oh, AND they have that Magical Girl OVA that they promised and have swept under the rug multiple times. As I said before, I'm not blaming them, but there is such a thing as too much work. and SHAFT has way too much work.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2