• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ryu Fujisaki's Hoshin Engi Manga Gets New TV Anime With New Cast

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nodz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Very good news!
Now we need an update on 3x3 Eyes secret project : animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-09-09/secret-new-3x3-eyes-content-teased-with-anime-footage/.92709
AsmariaHendrick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:32 pm Reply with quote
OMFG I am so excited for this! I loved the original anime but it really wasn't given the treatment it should have with the later episodes. The pacing was really bad and I hope they do it right this time! *___*
Gwydion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Oh heck yes! Was not expecting this, like many, but am very happy to hear about it! I loved the manga, but was never a huge fan of the anime, so it's exciting to hear that it will be a remake. I'm sure I'll end up missing some of the old actors/actresses though, not to mention that opening song.
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Dat Yu-Gi-Oh! cast! I wonder which studio will adapt it.

And here I am still waiting for a Rave remake.
AliceTheHare

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I didn't expect this to get a remake. I guess we can call this a trend now, first with Ushio & Tora and now with Hoshin Engi. What will be next for this 90s Shonen remake train? 3x3 Eyes or Flame of Recca? I'd be happy with either or both.
Shinuki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:34 pm Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:
One thing I do remember about this show was the females in Soul Hunter were all antagonists but this was the 90s and a lot of boys back then thought girls were evil and with the whole "no girls allowed" thing Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop but you have to understand it was the times lol tho I wonder if this series would still be in the shonen category in today's world.

??? i don't know how you came up with this nonsense about "no girls allowed and they're evil", because Shonen Jump from the 90's were the same thing of today, lots of girls, battle mangas with good girls/mc partners, romcom with main girls and etc, the "all female antagonists" is something from Hoshin Engi, not manga as a whole in the 90's.
jroa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:01 pm Reply with quote
They will need a lot more episodes in order to cover a significant chunk of manga content that wasn't portrayed in the anime. Hopefully they've decided to do just that.
dark13

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Shinuki wrote:
dark13 wrote:
One thing I do remember about this show was the females in Soul Hunter were all antagonists but this was the 90s and a lot of boys back then thought girls were evil and with the whole "no girls allowed" thing Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop but you have to understand it was the times lol tho I wonder if this series would still be in the shonen category in today's world.

??? i don't know how you came up with this nonsense about "no girls allowed and they're evil", because Shonen Jump from the 90's were the same thing of today, lots of girls, battle mangas with good girls/mc partners, romcom with main girls and etc, the "all female antagonists" is something from Hoshin Engi, not manga as a whole in the 90's.
No need to get so offended its only something I remembered, and it wasn't something I personally supported.
mangaka-chan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:33 pm Reply with quote
jroa wrote:
They will need a lot more episodes in order to cover a significant chunk of manga content that wasn't portrayed in the anime. Hopefully they've decided to do just that.

Yeah that's my main concern with a new anime adaptation for HE. The manga is 20+ volumes long, and to adapt it faithfully the studio would need three seasons, if not more, to cover it all. I feel like HE was pretty popular during its serialization days, especially in the Chinese speaking fan community, where the original Fengshen Yanyi story was already a well known part of the culture. But I dont know if there's enough of that nostalgia in Japan, which is the primary audience for most anime. Still, I hope for the best and this quirky but fun series will get a faithful adaptation.
valoon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Nodz wrote:
Very good news!
Now we need an update on 3x3 Eyes secret project : animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-09-09/secret-new-3x3-eyes-content-teased-with-anime-footage/.92709

A HD 3x3 Eyes remake would make me so hard.

Anyways I'm really hyped for this! Own all mangas and the series on VHS so I'm really looking forward to this!
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Houshin Engi the manga, is in my top 2 if not my outright favorite manga. The anime was mediocre at best, not terrible in its own right, but when you read the anime its based on you are like wtf this is not that good. To do justice this would have to be 50-100 episodes but I will take it.
Tofu92600

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:34 am Reply with quote
fudge yeah! Hoshin is probably one of the best and most ambitious manga I've ever read. The lore is amazing and the characters (and god is there a lot of characters) were all great. The blend of traditional and sci fi elements had my otaku pants wet. Ending was a bit weird but before that, master piece. Never bothered with the first anime since it looked quite ugly and Fujisaki's art deserves a sleek a beautiful adaptation.

Which studio is making this ? My hopes goes for KyoA or PA Works, it would suit this story real good.

I confess that Dakki was hot and she always got me excited down below, there I said it !
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:32 am Reply with quote
Tofu92600 wrote:

Which studio is making this ? My hopes goes for KyoA or PA Works, it would suit this story real good.

Probably MAPPA. PA Works do not do manga adaptations and KyoAni have never adapted a battle shonen manga.
Velshtein

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:44 am Reply with quote
Great news!

Now, if only Samurai Deeper Kyo would get a proper anime adaptation. >.>
Tofu92600

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:
Tofu92600 wrote:

Probably MAPPA. PA Works do not do manga adaptations and KyoAni have never adapted a battle shonen manga.

How do they fare ? I litteraly never watched any of their shows. Although Terror in resonance looked promising. Yuri on Ice seems all the rage these days.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3