• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Streams No. 6, Twin Angel: Twinkle Paradise

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
batou37

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I know ( I have found though that occasionally the video is not on Hulu as soon as it is on their site.), I think there was just a misunderstanding of the point I was trying to make that I was happy that No. 6 was streaming on CR, even if it was already going to be streamed on Funi, Hulu etc... because of the vast difference in video quality. Sorry for any confusion I might have caused.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Saturn wrote:
I was kinda hoping for a Hulu simulcast because I have Hulu Plus (which is, by the way, basically useless) and it would be nice to not have to pay the additional fee for CR when they don't have exclusive rights to any other show I'm watching... so I think I'm gonna wait and see if Funi ends up getting this show.

I'm curious; with Hulu Plus, do you get a 720p option for the Funimation titles that are on Hulu (when you are viewing on a PC)?
Saturn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:15 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
Saturn wrote:
I was kinda hoping for a Hulu simulcast because I have Hulu Plus (which is, by the way, basically useless) and it would be nice to not have to pay the additional fee for CR when they don't have exclusive rights to any other show I'm watching... so I think I'm gonna wait and see if Funi ends up getting this show.

I'm curious; with Hulu Plus, do you get a 720p option for the Funimation titles that are on Hulu (when you are viewing on a PC)?

I just checked and it doesn't look like they have an option for 720p on any of their shows D: I honestly hadn't noticed because the only anime I've watched on there since upgrading are Tiger & Bunny and Blue Exorcist (which both have 720p, and of course neither is Funimation)
toyNN

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:11 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Emerje: Can Nico's player do real full screen (not full browser)? If I didn't have a paid CR membership I'd still choose CR to Nico for that reason alone.

Watched Blood C at NicoNico and their player..sucks right now as it will NOT go full screen only full-browser window. Using Chrome I could get a pretty slim browser window but still not like full screen.

Their settings have a Full screen option that is grey'ed out. Oh and in the options there is a "Premium" option that links you off to a "Coming Soon" page. Feels like they will quickly be charging for full screen and HD (shows seemed to be 480p).

Crunchyroll having some titles delayed this season doesn't really bother me right now since so many of the Spring shows are still running. And they were so good for Spring with I think all of the shows airing same time as in Japan.

Definitely very glad they picked up No. 6 and exact opposite feeling for Twin Loli's. Would have much rather it have been Kami-sama no Memo-chō or Mayo Chiki. But CR still has a good group of shows for Summer.
Takuku

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:20 am Reply with quote
Here's to hoping that No. 6 is picked up by Anime on Demand since Crunchyroll won't be covering it for the UK.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:53 am Reply with quote
Wow... one week late... way to stop those fansubs Japan... Already seen both shows... both are pretty bad, but in different ways.
teferi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:46 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Wow... one week late... way to stop those fansubs Japan... Already seen both shows... both are pretty bad, but in different ways.

Everyone says people complain too much when stuff like this happens, but it's been like this for so many seasons it's getting ridiculous. I honestly love the idea behind crunchyroll, but when a show consistently gets out before a 'simulcast' (which you pay for) it gets annoying. Hope it's not like it has been where they're a week behind the whole way through each show.
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:44 am Reply with quote
teferi wrote:
DmonHiro wrote:

Everyone says people complain too much when stuff like this happens, but it's been like this for so many seasons it's getting ridiculous. I honestly love the idea behind crunchyroll, but when a show consistently gets out before a 'simulcast' (which you pay for) it gets annoying. Hope it's not like it has been where they're a week behind the whole way through each show.

It depends on what company CR got the streaming rights from. Some stations/companies in Japan air a series later on in the week than others and RAW providers usually get the episodes that air the earliest on TV. Also there could be other issues as to why they delay titles.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:26 am Reply with quote
toyNN wrote:

Definitely very glad they picked up No. 6 and exact opposite feeling for Twin Loli's. Would have much rather it have been Kami-sama no Memo-chō or Mayo Chiki. But CR still has a good group of shows for Summer.

As Mayo Chiki is a TBS title, there isn't much chance of Crunchyroll getting it. They have not simulcast a TBS title in 2 years.

As to Kami-sama no Memo-chō, it appears to be handled by Warner Brothers Japan, just as Ro-Kyu-Bu! is. Given that Sentai licensed the latter, but it still has not been announced as TAN's simulcast, they may be working on getting Kami-sama no Memo-chō to use as the TAN simulcast instead. (I hope that is more than wishful thinking).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2