• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Yuki Kajiura

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gpanthony

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:41 am Reply with quote
capt_bunny wrote:
Surprised she found California pretty. I find it junk here. I say that as someone that lives close to LA.

But I am glad she is still giving concerts.

Grass is always greener... My friend who moved from South Korea during high school told me when we were getting ready to graduate never to leave San Diego, because it was the best place to live, and 20 years later his opinion is still the same. I live in Temecula and I find it quite pretty. And Northern California more so. The air in LA is much better than it used to be, but during the Santa Ana's it can still get a bit murky.
casenumber00

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:24 pm Reply with quote
About Kajura's comment about clean air in LA, I remember one of my old professors for a GE course mentioned that China was a heavy polluter and a significant amount of smog in California was traced back to China since they have lax environmental laws. With that being said, it can be inferred that the closer you get to China, the smog and such, are more more concentrated and prevalent. Since Japan is in very close proximity to China, much of their smog and bad air can be be from China. Of course this is all speculation and I have no numbers or cites to back up my claims.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2