• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 6 Shojo Anime That Need a Remake ASAP

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
me_barron

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Not many people watched it, but I would love a full manga adaptation of Karin:Chibi Vampire.
everapril

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:57 pm Reply with quote
I hope more female creators and staff enter the anime field and stay in the field so someday they’ll be big names who can advocate for stories from their childhood getting the big remake treatment. I worry it may be too late for my generation (would love Arina Tanemura works or Kaori Yuki works remade or adapted.)
gabuhaha

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:00 pm Reply with quote
I'd really like to see a remake of Kodocha. It was such a fun show.

Collectonian wrote:

I'd also like a Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne remake. I enjoyed the anime when it was out, then read the manga and was like wow, there was some great stuff there they cut out! Though they did the same with Full Moon o Sagashite, so I wondered at the time if the mangaka had either had no say in it or had given her blessing for them to make them so different. Really I'd love to see both shows remade to be closer to the source material because while both animes were great, the manga had even more emotional wreckage to pull.

The anime were running at the same time as the manga. Same problem as the original Fullmetal Alchemist anime and a lot of other shows made around this time had. That's why there's so many filler episodes for Jeanne. I know for Full Moon specifically, the mangaka told them the storyline she was going to do for the anime and then she deliberately changed it for the rest of the manga since she wanted to the audiences to have something different than simply a repetition of the anime. That's why you see them diverge about halfway through.
catandmouse

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:20 pm Reply with quote
I would like to see a more faithful adaptation of X/1999. Maybe also one for RG Veda.
And does No. 6 count as a shojo? Because if it does I'd be nice to get a remake tha follows the novel closer.
Clyde_Cash

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Peach Girl can definitely use a fresh coat of paint and an update for the modern era. Also, flesh Sae out a little more, explore how she became the bitch that she is.

Yes to His & Her Circumstances getting a remake. I never finished that show but I did watch a fair chunk of it 10 years ago before dropping it due to anime fatigue.

Fake could also use a remake. One OVA wasn't enough. At least give us a remake of that but updated for the modern era, with Ryo and Dee getting married and going on their honeymoon to set up the plot.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:44 pm Reply with quote
I would also love a new remake of X/1999 especially if CLAMP is never going to finish the manga. They should just do another anime adaptation and give it a new ending to make up for the poor the last TV series adaptation had. Tokyo Babylon also needs a reboot as the OVA only covered a very very small portion of the manga. I'd also like to see Fushigi Yugi with a fresh coat of paint. I'd also love a more manga faithful adaptation of Magic Knight Rayearth.

Last edited by Cardcaptor Takato on Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
tailor31415

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:49 pm Reply with quote
why is Ouran not on this list Shocked
others on my list are:
DNAngel
Lovely Complex (with manga ending)
Hana Yori Dango (with manga ending)
Skip Beat (just so maybe the author's other work, Tokyo Crazy Paradise, gets a series)
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Peach girl was a show I saw when I was first getting into anime so I would have to watch it again to see if I still like it since I didn't have a "taste" back then and I was watching everything and liking it (I liked a lot of terrible shows in hindsight back then).

Kare kano anime was a masterpiece thanks to Anno and I don't think a remake would be any good if he's not directing it and putting his own changes to the story.

Child's toy is awesome and I would love a full remake.
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:33 pm Reply with quote
To each to their own, but I always cringe at people saying Anno's Kare Kano was a masterpiece and was better than the original source material. What kind of crazy drugs did these folks intake? Do they think that Kare Kano was a tied material to Anno's Eva?

Back on thread, I like the list a lot. Just like with the recent but random Yesterday wo Utatte's anime adaptation, I am hoping all of the list gets the remake they deserved, though I wouldn't really feel bad if they didn't get one. Read all of their materials that's why. I would rather have them shelved than getting butchered on TV.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Vs7 wrote:
Quote:
..mutual relationship between a dude and his sister who happens to be the reincarnation of his lesbian angel lover from a past life

Actually Setsuna and Sara were not lovers in past life. I don't remember if they even met face to face.

spoiler[Lucifer] was the one in love with spoiler[Alexiel] (Setsuna's original)

I think you're right and I merged Sara and Rosiel in my head as one character?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
tensainobaka

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Kare Kano for sure.
I'd love to see a new Kodocha too especially since i can't find the last bunch of episodes to finish it.
Not a fan of Peach Girl. Don't know enough about the other 3 to comment.

My #1 choice wouldn't necessarily need to be remade but I want Ouran continued and finished.
Ashabel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Yes please Angel Sanctuary. My life will not be complete until I see Kato being a sad angry cyborg tree in glorious HD.
Shwiggie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:31 pm Reply with quote
I picked up on the Kare Kano manga after volume 8...basically where the anime left off. The anime was plagued with pacing issues (as seen in the endless parade of recaps) and weird directorial takes, but it was imminently enjoyable and was a delight to watch for my part. However, I'm not really in favor of a remake: if the first 8 volumes were similar like what came after it a straight take on the already covered material would probably be less entertaining, as I found the last 2/3 of the book to be incredibly ponderous in comparison. Book to animation adapations are not always 1:1 and probably shouldn't be.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:33 pm Reply with quote
me_barron wrote:
Not many people watched it, but I would love a full manga adaptation of Karin:Chibi Vampire.

I'm a big fan of the manga and the anime, but I would love an anime that covers the whole story. In saying that, I actually liked where the Karin anime left off. If I remember correctly, anime original ending.

LoveCom is in a similar boat to Karin, I would like an anime that adapts the full manga, but the anime ended well, IMO.

Kare Kano is one I'd like to see remade, only because I have a bit of interest in the series...and I know I'll never watch the original anime. The manga has been on my "to buy" list for a long time, but the length of it stops me (for the moment). Laughing

I'm trying to avoid listing series solely because I'd like to see them complete the story, as they'd be many...so I'll only mention one series that I would like to see remade (that I don't think anyone has mentioned). And, it'd Pretear.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:14 pm Reply with quote
tailor31415 wrote:
why is Ouran not on this list Shocked
others on my list are:
DNAngel
Lovely Complex (with manga ending)
Hana Yori Dango (with manga ending)
Skip Beat (just so maybe the author's other work, Tokyo Crazy Paradise, gets a series)

I think Ouran holds up still, although I understand people still want MORE of it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4