• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Psycho-Pass 3 Anime Reveals Promo Video, October 24 Debut, 8-Episode Length, Visual, Theme Son

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GNPixie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:42 am Reply with quote
For what its worth, S2 was kind of stuck either way given the movie was also announced at the same time and they were being handled by two different teams so it was a "damned if they do, damned if they don't" situation.

I don't think any of PP has been perfect but they all bring their own unique ideas which isn't anything less than I'd ask of decent sci-fi even if the execution isn't all that great.
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:51 am Reply with quote
I was really hoping Funi would get this and dubbed it and the SS movies... I just cannot understand Psycho Pass to its full extend in Japanese language. I need the English dub with closed caption which Funi provides on their stream site...
TarutoClown93

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:54 am Reply with quote
I saw on the official website that Tow Ubukata is the series composer with him, Makoto Fukami and Ryo Yoshigami writing the scripts.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:38 pm Reply with quote
TarutoClown93 wrote:
I saw on the official website that Tow Ubukata is the series composer with him, Makoto Fukami and Ryo Yoshigami writing the scripts.

...wwwwelp, I guess it's just as well the movies aren't available yet, cause that puts this firmly in "wait and see" territory for me.
Millhi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:50 pm Reply with quote
pachy_boy wrote:
Millhi wrote:
It's Tow Ubaka again so I dont have actually much hope after what was s2.

This wasn't mentioned in the article, where did you read this?

official website like some peeps in later comments posted
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Will you need to watch season two and the movies to understand this? I've been putting off season two for a long time because of the overwhelming negative reviews.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Son of a biscuit. Why does amazon get this? I know this series received some negativity from season 2 (I liked it personally but do wish they hadnt rushed it with so few episodes). But to the earlier commenter I cannot fathom funimation not even trying to license this series. My heart is broken right now after hoping to hear of maybe even a same day dub from them on this show
Suxinn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Will you need to watch season two and the movies to understand this? I've been putting off season two for a long time because of the overwhelming negative reviews.

I don't know about the new movies, but S2 is actually super skippable. Basically a filler season to keep interest in the Psycho-Pass IP in anticipation for the movie (which is mostly decent and worth watching). My friends skipped it after I told them how horrible I found it and none of them were confused by the movie.

I actually quite like Ubukata's other writing, but he just doesn't... get Psycho-Pass. S2 actually killed most of my interest in the franchise, though I'm willing to give Ubukata another chance on account of all the other good stuff he's done... I just really have to wait for reviews first.
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:07 pm Reply with quote
So where is Akane?
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:
Son of a biscuit. Why does amazon get this? I know this series received some negativity from season 2 (I liked it personally but do wish they hadnt rushed it with so few episodes). But to the earlier commenter I cannot fathom funimation not even trying to license this series. My heart is broken right now after hoping to hear of maybe even a same day dub from them on this show

Because Amazon has money. It's the same reason why Takagi S2 went to Netflix instead of CR/FUNi.
donhumberto

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

By all means give S2 a try. It's no masterpiece (I really think S1 was) but it is waaay better than a lot of generic fluff we get every season. I honestly think if S1 had never existed and S2 had been a brand new series the reception would have been much better...
Anyways, really glad Tow Ubukata is confirmed to be in charge of the new series. Super hyped for this now Very Happy
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:

Because Amazon has money. It's the same reason why Takagi S2 went to Netflix instead of CR/FUNi.
This is a Noitamina show so I hope this isn't a bad sign the Amazon Prime deal is back on.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Ermat_46 wrote:

This is a Noitamina show so I hope this isn't a bad sign the Amazon Prime deal is back on.

Same. I was thinking amazon was "mostly done" with anime and that they were just letting existing contracts run their course (Was not expecting them to get another noitamina broascast.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:52 am Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Ermat_46 wrote:

Same. I was thinking amazon was "mostly done" with anime and that they were just letting existing contracts run their course (Was not expecting them to get another noitamina broascast.
They did get Dororo and Vinland Saga this year, none of which were on Noitamina, so they are still wanting to pick up titles. It would be better if they weren't titles previously licensed by other companies, but aside from that I see no harm as long as Strike doesn't comeback.
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:29 am Reply with quote
Now I'm worried it won't be getting a dub. Come on Funimation Anime cry
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3