• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Super Smash Salt

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:34 am Reply with quote
I've mentioned this before, but if people even remember, it's not like the last few times Sony was actually there, their E3 presentation had been becoming underwhelming. So they realize better quit while they're ahead

BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Xavon wrote:
Hopely the next 6 are NOT a lot of dudes. Smash Bros is a sausage fest to start and the first pack of DLC included 4.5 new men and 0.5 a new female character. Hopefully the next six will bring more ladies to the Brawl. Midna. Chun Li. Tifa. Panther. Quiet.

....If they're were to put in any female character from MGS Quiet would be rather low on the totem pole with The Boss, Sniper Wolf, & Fortune.

enurtsol wrote:
I've mentioned this before, but if people even remember, it's not like the last few times Sony was actually there, their E3 presentation had been becoming underwhelming. So they realize better quit while they're ahead

I figured when you mentioned this before it was a joke but this makes very little sense with how underwhelming their SOP have been.....I also find it weird that meme ignores GoW and Ghosts Of Tsushima.

Silver Kirin wrote:
At least the Rabbid costume gives me hope that Rayman could be included.

Don't know why as Rayman and The Rabbids haven't been associated with one another since 2008 meaning it's far more likely for them to put the Rabbids in by themselves especially given the last Rabbids game.

Xavon wrote:

Yeah, that whole quote is ridiculous anyway. Zero Suit Samus has two costumes that are more revealing than Mai's

Do they show any cleavage (which is the main selling point of Mai's outfits) or enough thigh that it makes it look like Samus isn't wearing anything under her outfit cause if not then that's most definitely not true.

varmintx wrote:
What Square should do is hold its developers hostage and snap a bullwhip over their heads forcing them to work 24/7 until it's finished. Sure, a few of them might have a psychological breakdown...or die...but I really need my toy now and there's nothing more important than that.

-overly-entitled narcissists.

Nah that's for most western publishers/developers and Konami.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:09 pm Reply with quote
I don't think that introducing Byleth as the last dlc character was a ... 'good' choice BUT as a fan of FE and as someone who loved 3 houses I am overjoyed, it was certainly a smart one.

My only concern about Byleth is how they are going to feel playing, I like robin but they are my least used FE character on account of their lack of mobility, hearing Byleth described as slightly better is worrying. Well a least people can't (well shouldn't) complain about them being a marth clone, after all Byleth is missing an essential move - counter!
Heishi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:58 pm Reply with quote
I still don't get why people want Sora in the game when they should consider what a colossal licensing nightmare it would be, knowing a certain company would be very protective of its IP, despite them owning only half of it.

This whole Byleth thing just makes me think the Smash Bros. fandom has one of the most toxic fans out there.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Heishi wrote:
I still don't get why people want Sora in the game when they should consider what a colossal licensing nightmare it would be, knowing a certain company would be very protective of its IP, despite them owning only half of it.

Square?

I wanna say Disney but, Disney doesn't look like they can't give two shits about Kingdom Hearts and Square already has two characters in it.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Heishi wrote:

This whole Byleth thing just makes me think the Smash Bros. fandom has one of the most toxic fans out there.

Because it's not about logic, if it were about logic they would remember just how much of a pain in the neck it was putting in Cloud and the DQ Hero.

And yes, Smash has a SERIOUS community problem, mostly with the older fans or the "hardcore" sector that keep forgetting that Smash is mostly a way to promote Nintendo's properties while having some fun with it.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Heishi wrote:

They own all of it:

"How Square Enix Convinced Disney to Make Kingdom Hearts"
Quote:
Although Kingdom Hearts was an original concept by Tetsuya Nomura, in an effort to protect Disney's brands, the IP itself and any original characters developed during the series would belong to Disney. This meant that both Buena Vista Games and Disney would have the authority to veto any creative decisions, even if those decisions didn't involve original Disney characters. With that said, Disney has been remarkably hands-off when it comes to the overall plot of Kingdom Hearts, recognising the importance of Nomura's creative freedom.
Haterater

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Not gonna lie, loving the Fire Emblem rep just for the salt, lol! Would have been at live reaction places if I knew it was FE! Love being a FE fan and seeing salt.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:31 am Reply with quote
My only concern about Byleth is how they are going to feel playing, I like robin but they are my least used FE character on account of their lack of mobility, hearing Byleth described as slightly better is worrying. Well a least people can't (well shouldn't) complain about them being a marth clone, after all Byleth is missing an essential move - counter!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2