• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Made in Abyss: Dawn of the Deep Soul

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Nordhmmer wrote:
The manga's is approaching it's half-way mark,the story's been on the final layer for a few chapters now.

From what I've heard speculated, there's supposedly 11 layers total. If we assume this is an homage to Dante's Inferno, even then there's at least 9 layers. They currently haven't left the 6th layer as of the most recent chapters, though the story seems to be in the process of concluding that arc. Whichever is correct, we know the 6th layer isn't the final one as we have the characters themselves stating that that layer and Capital of the Unreturned isn't their end goal, and hear them wish to resume their journey(as of latest chapters)...
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:59 am Reply with quote
@Blanchimont

Bit of a typo on my part-should've read as "final layers".
For the "halfway" remark, I'm going by the author's statements during a 2019 Italian comic-con,where he mentioned the manga was 40% done. Granted a few-several- months can(do) go by between new chapters....

This current arc has been all about backstory/world building,and with it's upcoming conclusion the main story will start up again-So agreed, the story is not leaving the 6th soon™.

(for now I'm taking the manga at it's word and the 7th layer "The Final Maelstrom" is the final level of the Abyss.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2