• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Hidden Dungeon Only I Can Enter Fantasy Light Novels Get TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 3:08 am Reply with quote
Another disposable anime produced by a no-name studio. Don't be surprised if the anime looks as sh***y as Tamayomi (Studio A-Cat), Uchimusume (MAHO FILMS), or Hatena Illusion (Children's Playground Entertainment), all made by no-name studios.
nargun

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 4:25 am Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Somehow the promo image did the exact opposite of its intended purpose: I have lost all the interest to give the source material a try, yet I can’t identify the exact elements in the image that rub me the wrong way. Sad

If he took a step forward she could hug him. But he hasn't. Or he could hug her, make some sort of physical gesture of affection with his otherwise-idle right hand, but nuh: he is literally "not lifting a finger" to offer her comfort. All he cares about is her... lips, it looks like.

Meanwhile, she could take another step forward; there's slack in the chain for that. The arms would be uncomfortable but not vastly more so than the way she's holding them. But she hasn't; "getting physically close to the guy" is more something she endures than makes happen.

[if this were a manga spread or an internal book illustration I'd be less judgemental, but promo art gets held to tighter standards wrt implications and what-have-you because there are people specifically paid to make sure that the art conveys only the implications that are wanted. Whoever approved this picture wants us to think about passive chained women and men who are only interested in parts of their bodies, and I-for-one don't want to.]
toprak

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 5:22 am Reply with quote
I don't know why, but it's look like another shitty isekai.
Tenka_san00

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 6:07 am Reply with quote
Otakuch wrote:

While it looks like it, this series isn't part of the isekai trend and is instead a work which is generally a fantasy-esque series.

Last edited by Tenka_san00 on Fri May 08, 2020 6:17 am; edited 2 times in total
toprak

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 6:08 am Reply with quote
Tenka_san00 wrote:
Otakuch wrote:

While it looks like it, it isn't part of the isekai trend and is instead a work which is generally a fantasy-esque series.

Then, we have got to wait and see, right Smile
Tenka_san00

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 6:16 am Reply with quote
Otakuch wrote:
Tenka_san00 wrote:
Otakuch wrote:

While it looks like it, it isn't part of the isekai trend and is instead a work which is generally a fantasy-esque series.

Nope. You can do that, I've read both LN and the manga of this series, and this does fit into the fantasy genre with a bit of feels and a ton of ecchi as it progresses.
toprak

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 6:17 am Reply with quote
Tenka_san00 wrote:
Otakuch wrote:
Tenka_san00 wrote:
Otakuch wrote:

Nope. You can do that, I've read both LN and the manga of this series, and this does fit into the fantasy genre with a bit of feels and a ton of ecchi as it progresses.

Ah, okay I got it. Thank you!
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 7:13 am Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
all-tsun-and-no-dere wrote:

Is "hidden dungeon" a euphemism for her vagina?

Excuse me if I didn't get the sarcasm but Ill play it straight. No its really a hidden dungeon

Dungeona dentata
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 7:38 am Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Somehow the promo image did the exact opposite of its intended purpose: I have lost all the interest to give the source material a try, yet I can’t identify the exact elements in the image that rub me the wrong way. Sad

Well, must just be me then

Not really. Another woman trapped in a dungeon, who is rescued by a man, and who quite probably becomes his lover.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Huh.

I feel like this series isn't as bad as it seems given that the defence other commentors are bringing up, that this imagery is very misleading.

I am mildly interested in it because of that. Before when I read the title and visual I was firmly in 'oh look, another one of those.'

That said I've little expectations for it and will probably just ignore it if there's better stuff to do.

First impressions are important and if your first impression gives a misleading atmosphere then congratulations, you $#$@ed up(assuming that wasn't intentional). From what I gather the person in charge of creating the visual or approving it doesn't understand the core appeal of the series, has an underlying motive or was pressured into due to circumstances. Don't know which it is but that likely isn't doesn't bode well for the production.

Ah Lastly I'm genuinely surprised this isn't an isekai but the idea of a 'great sage' in his mind is uncannily similar to Slime Isekai down to the name. Could be a coincidence but that's too bad for hidden dungeon because in the general public's eye it'll just be a ripoff on the surface.
ILOVEITToo

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 3:44 pm Reply with quote
The image looks good.

I'm simple guy. When I see boobs I can't say No
all-tsun-and-no-dere
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 3:48 pm Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
all-tsun-and-no-dere wrote:
Is "hidden dungeon" a euphemism for her vagina?

Excuse me if I didn't get the sarcasm but Ill play it straight. No its really a hidden dungeon

Oh, so it's a symbol for her vagina.
Covnam

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 6:02 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:

Not really. Another woman trapped in a dungeon, who is rescued by a man, and who quite probably becomes his lover.

spoiler[As far as I've read: Yes she's trapped, no she isn't rescued (at least not physically, but you could say she was rescued from years (a few hundred I think) of loneliness I guess), and I don't recall there being any romance between them, though I suppose that's not out of the question, but the MC's attention is elsewhere]
nargun

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 7:05 pm Reply with quote
ILOVEITToo wrote:
The image looks good.

I'm simple guy. When I see boobs I can't say No

Sure. But you can have boobs and we can have plot and solid human characterisation in the same show.

Crest of the Stars episode 2 at about the 11-minute mark, there's a thirty-second shot between the legs of a sixteen-year-old girl wearing a bodysuit.
Tenka_san00

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
Huh.

I feel like this series isn't as bad as it seems given that the defence other commentors are bringing up, that this imagery is very misleading.

I am mildly interested in it because of that. Before when I read the title and visual I was firmly in 'oh look, another one of those.'

That said I've little expectations for it and will probably just ignore it if there's better stuff to do.

First impressions are important and if your first impression gives a misleading atmosphere then congratulations, you $#$@ed up(assuming that wasn't intentional). From what I gather the person in charge of creating the visual or approving it doesn't understand the core appeal of the series, has an underlying motive or was pressured into due to circumstances. Don't know which it is but that likely isn't doesn't bode well for the production.

Ah Lastly I'm genuinely surprised this isn't an isekai but the idea of a 'great sage' in his mind is uncannily similar to Slime Isekai down to the name. Could be a coincidence but that's too bad for hidden dungeon because in the general public's eye it'll just be a ripoff on the surface.

Given the other comments, quite a few find it misleading, while few others also got the original goal that the key visual was going to give. To me, The one who did the key visual understood that goal and did quite a good job to convey what it is, despite how it can be misleading for a lot others as well.

Also for you're latter point on it being a ripoff, while it looks like thst on the surface, I don't think that's the case, since there are quite a few manga and Ln series that can fit the ripoff term better if they got an anime adaptation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3