• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Dragon Quest: Adventure of Dai Anime's Video Reveals Opening Song, October 3 Debut

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:31 pm Reply with quote
DranzerX13 wrote:
I got to watch the paid content of the online livestream on GYAO! streaming service this morning, and the paid portion is a digest that covers episodes 1-6 (episodes 1-10 in 1991 version) of the new anime showing parts of each of those episodes.

I just checked it out as well. Definitely faster-paced than the first adaptation, but it doesn't look like it will be too rushed. Avan vs. Hadlar looked great.

Last edited by Zhou-BR on Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Black Turtle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:08 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
I doubt Square Enix cares enough to interfere with Toei's plans for it, just like they don't care enough about the games in the west hence Nintendo publishing them on their consoles for years.
Wasn't there a new saying Yuji Horii was involved in the anime, as he was supervisor of the manga at the time?
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Piexouar wrote:

You mean that one theme that makes everyone's ears bleed because of how overused it is? If so, then I'm glad they went for something original instead.

Cain Highwind's explanation is far more likely than yours, while the main theme is a constant I've not really heard anyone complain about it til now.

Cain Highwind wrote:

You know it sucks, I feel like SE has a chance to make this popular if they play their cards right. Get it dubbed and over here. Put it on Toonami like a lot of the other SJ shows and localize the games but it's SE... And yet somehow, I'm still optimistic.

Putting it on post midnight on Toonami wouldn't really help with it's exposure. If this were still the late 90's and early 00's maybe. As for the games that's even more shaky ground.
Haterater

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:54 am Reply with quote
Loving it! Hope it animates the whole manga in full or at least the parts I like!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2