• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: JoJolion Manga Ends in August

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoelBurger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:54 pm Reply with quote
getumbuck wrote:

I mean not really, the main spoiler[ the main villain was just defeated, the son of the family cured, all that left is to save Johnny's mom and the story is over. ]

The history of the rock disease, what was going on in the flash forward, who the flashback man is supposed to be. And that's just off the top of my head, there's multiple other plot threads that just haven't been addressed.
JonDoe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:57 pm Reply with quote
If Araki decides to do a part 9 I hope it won't go on as long as part 8 did. Because 10 years for a single part is way too long.
Zeino

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:10 pm Reply with quote
I knew that Jojolion was in end game territory once the actual for real this time main villain was revealed but its shocking just how fast things started speeding to close not long after given just how LONG Part 8 has been going on. At least it's going better than Golden Wind's similarly speedy plot resolution in that spoiler[ Josuke and friends were able to beat Tooru's nearly invincible Stand, Wonder of U in a manner that wasn't a cheap Deus Ex Machina.]

Ask for a JoJo Part 9, I'm sure it will happen. Araki may be getting on in years but I think he'd let it be know in advance when he's ready to bring his magnum opus to a close. I'd say we'll get another two parts at the very least.
ryanvamp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:30 pm Reply with quote
I haven't read a single chapter for Part 8; I wanted to experience it without delays just like I did all previous parts. Despite being a JoJo fan for years, I managed to do just that. I'm sad to read people aren't too happy about it ending, because that usually means it will be rushed and the pacing wasn't great.

What I'm truly interested in is Araki giving certain answers to some lingering questions: what exactly happened to the characters of Part 4 & 5 after how Stone Ocean ended? I never understood if we got reshuffled characters/souls living sometimes similar, sometimes completely different lives or we have multiple, parallel universes going and that's why Part 7 used Part 1 characters in a similar era but different setting and Part 8 did the exact same thing for Part 4 characters. I know it might sound confusing, but that's because I feel Araki never gave a clear answer via plot. Or maybe I just have to read Jojolion to find out.
YoshiChao

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:28 pm Reply with quote
ryanvamp wrote:
I haven't read a single chapter for Part 8; I wanted to experience it without delays just like I did all previous parts. Despite being a JoJo fan for years, I managed to do just that. I'm sad to read people aren't too happy about it ending, because that usually means it will be rushed and the pacing wasn't great.

People aren’t disappointed cos it feels rushed, they’re disappointed because it felt like the series had been aimlessly continuing along for the longest while and then defeated the final boss and is now just ending even though there’s so many things that still to this day, don’t make sense.

ryanvamp wrote:
What I'm truly interested in is Araki giving certain answers to some lingering questions: what exactly happened to the characters of Part 4 & 5 after how Stone Ocean ended? I never understood if we got reshuffled characters/souls living sometimes similar, sometimes completely different lives or we have multiple, parallel universes going and that's why Part 7 used Part 1 characters in a similar era but different setting and Part 8 did the exact same thing for Part 4 characters. I know it might sound confusing, but that's because I feel Araki never gave a clear answer via plot. Or maybe I just have to read Jojolion to find out.

I don’t know how you’re stuck on this, it was never demonstrated or stated that the characters in Part 7 were the same as before, Araki just reused names as a neat nod to the previous iterations of the characters and nothing more. All characters from Part 6 and before and forever gone, I don’t know why all these years on you’d still be stuck on thinking Araki will bring them back in some form. Whether he reuses their name and even ties a similar Stand gimmick to them, they are not going to be that character at all.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:18 am Reply with quote
Resolving Guard Rail Slaves and the main plot with only 40 or so pages will be quite the challenge. Chap 109 was as off the rails as the series can get. Zero people had any of that on the bingo card. Respect. At least we now met "Alternate Universe Joseph". Chap 109 is quite the info dump all things considered.

Part 7 and 8 are set in a parallel universe that is different from Part 1-6. spoiler[The epilogue to part 6 is set in another universe altogether] and stuff like Fly High with Gucci or the Louvre bonus manga for Rohan are just non-canon stories for the fun of it. LNs aren´t canon, games aren´t canon (Eyes of Heaven is fully divorced from any continuity due to its plot) and all the anime-only content outside of maybe the Fugo flashback isn´t canon to the manga either.
Part 7 further used plot points from parts 1-3. Part 8 used 4 and 5.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mew Berry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:40 am Reply with quote
YoshiChao wrote:
ryanvamp wrote:

People aren’t disappointed cos it feels rushed, they’re disappointed because it felt like the series had been aimlessly continuing along for the longest while and then defeated the final boss and is now just ending even though there’s so many things that still to this day, don’t make sense.

I’ve seen quite a few people say it feels rushed, actually.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2