• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: The Honor Student at Magic High School

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Picky33

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:14 am Reply with quote
i saw this series closer to how persona 4 and persona 4 Golden are, this was never meant to be an original work or spin off/ side story, as much as i and i'm sure others wished it was. It was meant to complement the First Two seasons of Irregular at Magic High School. Persona 4 was a great game with a complete story by itself but adding P4 Golden to it allowed it flesh out more story and characters and to fix some broken plot points. I think the reviewer did a good job at explaining this.

If Honor Student at Magic High School were to get another season i think it will be starting at the Arc where Miyuki is president of the Student Counsel. i haven't read the source material yet but I've seen enough spoilers to know that happens at some point.

I'm looking forward to the next season of Irregular.
thedarkemissary

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
It is made perfectly clear that there is no reason to do the second half at all, and that even if Airi went out there solo, Miyuki would still win. This is baffling, especially when the scoreboard shows that Airi is trailing a mere nine points, and I can't help but wonder if this is an animation mistake (It wouldn't be the first in this series); perhaps instead of the score being 49-40 in Miyuki's favor, it was supposed to be 94-40. (After all, in the original series, Miyuki finishes with 99 points total.) As it stands now, the idea that Airi couldn't score 9 points unopposed seems ridiculous.

Apparently, not that clear. They are referring to the idea that:: as Miyuki is guaranteed a Top 3 finish, First High is guaranteed to win the overall. So, the actual standings of the Mirage Bat finals is irrelevant. They still cheer for her to achieve individual success tho.

Quote:
Is that really the origin of the “blooms” and “weeds” system? Some dumbass ordered the uniforms incorrectly? And then all the teachers and parents were just down with the second class status of half the student population? What a crummy institution.

It wasn't an "incorrect" order. The school attempted a sudden, large student body expansion with lowered admission requirements (including those without magic). And without proper time, the uniforms weren't all finished. So a majority of the new students received the emblem-less uniforms. Like the uniforms, the school was also short on staff. So, the new students also received lesser training resulting in lesser overall abilities. This, in turn, grew the divide between "magic elitists" and "general population." A divide that already existed all over magic culture in the form of hierarchical families ruling. The uniforms were merely convenient for the (at the time) student council (most likely made up of ruling family members) to adopt into a divisional system.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2