• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Manhwa: What Korean Comics to Start Reading

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T3rmidor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:08 am Reply with quote
Good to see Manhwa is getting more deserved attention nowadays, I have been reading then for years and there are some very worthwhile titles. Beyond some titles already mentioned, on top of my head Skeleton Soldier couldn't protect the dungeon is a fairly entretaining read, Beware of the Villainess have one of the best first characters in a isekai-villain story and overall it is really good and to go a bit for outliers Gilgamesh and the follow up The Ember Knigth are fantasy stories that have solid character work and differ from your usual battle manga, giving some vibes of HxH imo.
sailorstarsun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:30 am Reply with quote
I recommend Killing Stalking. It's... fun.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:44 am Reply with quote
Study Group - Guy goes to a high school full of delinquents that's basically a recruitment center for organized crime. While he just wants to study (despite being terrible at it), he spends most of his time kicking ass with his martial arts skills. It's ridiculously over the top but a lot of fun.

A Red Knight Does Not Blindly Follow Money - Fantasy series where a money hungry woman is killed and gets a second chance at life. This time she strives to be a noble knight instead of ine that does anything for money. I really like the art and designs on this one. Good action and a sweet romance too.
Lily Garden

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:52 am Reply with quote
New to Manhwa and read them mostly on the Tapas app, but here are my favorites

I Shall Master this Family: regression revenge(?) story set in a kingdom that resembles Renaissance Italy. MC is a total girlboss and its amazing

Lady Crystal is a Man: typical romance setup of Sweet Innocent Lady and Dark Sultry Duke except they are secretly crossdressing and the Lady is biologically male and the Duke is biologically female. Both are hiding trauma in their past and their relationship is cute.

A Wicked Tale of Cinderella's Stepmom lady is isekaied into a Cinderella story as the stepmom and goes onto to be the best mother and role model to all her daughters.

Not-Sew-Wicked Stepmom a children's clothing designer is isekaied into a Snow White story and is determined to break the mold and shower her sweet & adorable stepdaughter with love.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2