• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blood+ Debuts March 10 on Adult Swim

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klampo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Second_Ignition_Yui wrote:
Too bad the last 20 episodes really went down hill. A most disappointing ending Sad

I was going to buy it on DVD, but I probably won't now, unless they re-wrote the last 20 episodes.

Damn I loved the last 20 episodes, better imo than the first 20. I especially loved the last arc, last 5 eps
Ranma824

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Ah yes, a new anime show means [as] can treat anime fans like shit again! Yay! Rolling Eyes

And it seems they beat me to the point with a new bump already. Apparetly I'm now 15 and a whiner that doesn't watch their channel, Great marketing!

...at least they got the "doesn't watch as" part right.
Ranmah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:14 am Reply with quote
You folks are in for a treat. I only got to a chance to see it on Saturday, but I hope they rebroadcast it on either Kid's station or Animax.

Of course CN will butcher the show. Some of the stuff is too violent for the US censors.

I'm just waiting for the DVD so it will be "uncensored" (I hope). The music kicks butt. I especially love Angela Oh's song. She would be a great guest.

It will be well worth the wait.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BlaqNumbr9

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:46 am Reply with quote
I'm glad to hear this news but IMO they need to get rid of Futurama. I'm tired of that show.

I know it's not going to happen, but I can dream...
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Ranmah wrote:
Of course CN will butcher the show. Some of the stuff is too violent for the US censors.

After seeing how Adult Swim handled Eureka Seven and Evangelion, I doubt the validity of this statement. A few minor snips here and there during the one or two most extreme portions, maybe, but I'd stop far short of throwing the word "butcher" around in this day and age unless 4Kids or Nelvana is involved.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
mas0475

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:57 pm Reply with quote
This is great news...I too watched it religiously when it was coming out and loved it. And the ending is one of my favorite parts about it. It is a great story that only gets better as it progresses. The music is awsome, the opening sequence for the UBERworld song was just wicked. I hope those that have not seen it will enjoy it. Meanwhile, I will patience wait for the soundtrack and (hopefully's) Haji's CD to come out.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:10 am Reply with quote
Awesome, it's time to hang up my Blood+ poster signed by Mr. Crispin Freeman himself. Cool

Blood+ is an excellent series, it deserves to be aired on AS with the rest of the great anime that is aired during that block. Now they need bring us Ergo Proxy and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and I'll be set.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
poehitman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:54 am Reply with quote
Actually, it DID replace Trinity Blood in the lineup. They just shuffled around the timeslots for everything, but Trinity Blood is gone from the Saturday lineup and Blood+ is in. I don't really know anything about it, but I'm always up for another new anime for free on CN.

They need to get Futurama, Boondocks, and Oblongs OUT of the Saturday Night lineup. We anime fans get one damn night a week for new anime and it should be ALL anime. Futurama, Boondocks and Oblongs should be moved to Sunday with the rest of the idiotic shows. (Futurama isn't idiotic. I enjoy it, but it's been played to death)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2